volumina-90

Oct 14, 2021
Well, teeehnically DC is streaming several times a week, so there's actually plenty of new stuff that could be talked about. Like the fact that Melonia now seems to redecorate Rump's mansion after he's gone, that it looks like the Thotbot is going to get some action in the future, etc.

Yet, these information just drowns in the sea of BS. So even people who may be interested in that, will almost certainly miss it, unless they want to dig through 10 pages of complaints.

By now even the Summertimesaga subreddit offers a substancially better experience for those who like to talk about the actual game compared to this...
The biggest shills of this game are redditors. Why am I not surprised? :KEK:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I checked that subreddit a few times and you are lying.
Everytime someone posts something from the streams the top most upvoted comment is "I CANT WAIT TO PLAY THIS IN 2050 LUL"
Then you failed to understand what I meant to say by that statement in general. Over there people can at least have - here you won't get further than 3 posts before there are two pages of complaints and by that the discussion will end, because nobody is going to pick it up again. And don't tell me, that's not the case.

On F95 discussions about the game have simply become impossible and as such this topic really doesn't serve any purpose at all for anybody who wants to talk about the game itself.

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
Well, teeehnically DC is streaming several times a week, so there's actually plenty of new stuff that could be talked about. Like the fact that Melonia now seems to redecorate Rump's mansion after he's gone, that it looks like the Thotbot is going to get some action in the future, etc.

Yet, these information just drowns in the sea of BS. So even people who may be interested in that, will almost certainly miss it, unless they want to dig through 10 pages of complaints.

By now even the Summertimesaga subreddit offers a substancially better experience for those who like to talk about the actual game compared to this...
I watched some of his streams, but this is nothing new at this point. He used to stream to show progress, and there was progress and updates after a few months.

Now it doesn't work like that anymore. He, or they, or whoever it is streaming now can stream all they want but people want to play the game, not watch the streams. Also your profile picture is from the game, so I assume you pledge to the Patreon. I get it, you guys got your hopes up, I used to support this game too. But 2 years with no substantial update? Damn you guys are in too deep. Godspeed.

Edit: OK I checked the reddit.

- More than half of the posts are AI generated fan images. Brilliant.

- There are playthrough question posts, and one discussion is from a player who only started playing a few months ago.

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Now it doesn't work like that anymore. He, or they, or whoever it is streaming now can stream all they want but people want to play the game, not watch the streams. Also your profile picture is from the game, so I assume you pledge to the Patreon. I get it, you guys got your hopes up, I used to support this game too. But 2 years with no substantial update? Damn you guys are in too deep. Godspeed.
Well, you assumed wrong (I stopped giving money after Eve's update because I didn't like DC's way of handling choices), but the fact that you go ad hominum right away just by that assumption, kinda shows that it's not really worth discussing anything with you. Sorry.

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
Well, you assumed wrong (I stopped giving money after Eve's update because I didn't like DC's way of handling choices), but the fact that you go ad hominum right away just by that assumption, kinda shows that it's not really worth discussing anything with you. Sorry.
Fair enough. I don't pledge to the Patreon ultimately my opinion is irrelevant. It's frustrating that devs like this exist and people keep supporting them while there are more deserving devs. Good luck to Dark Cookie and his loyal fans.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I could name a couple of devs here that definitely would be more deserving of money :whistle:
I mean, that's true for anything that's related to public popularity. Money and popularity beget more money and more popularity.

Then again, one should ask the question why SS is still one of the best 2D wegs out there after 3 years of "stasis" - to me that's actually one of the main reasons, why DC is still making so much money. If there'd more good and popular alternatives around, more people would choose these over SS.

But most of the stuff is either just as slow, anime-styled/RPGM or way lower quality. Now that AI has become a thing, that gap will only grow lager in my opinion.

Last edited:

BruceLei

Oct 12, 2021
In a recent stream, DC said the tech update will be released in parts. It looks like Jenny's story will be first. After that, a new character story is supposed to be released every 2 months. Let's say Debbie is second, 2 months after that Diane, 2 months after that Roxxy etc. Now you can make your own estimate on when the release will be complete.

And to leave my own opinion on this: How much more obviously do you want to make it look like a cash grab? I wanted to write more, but screw it. I have never paid a cent for the game, but the way DC an his team work is just egregious.
Edit: Economically however, he is doing everything right. As long as thousands of chumps keep throwing money at you, drag it on as long as possible.

Last edited:

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
NOW he cares about his patreons dissatisfaction,not in 2023?
Damn what a timing:KEK:
A year ago patrons probably weren't as dissatisfied as they are now, that's how time and patience works. And on top of that, a year ago DC wouldn't have been able to even think about bringing out a partial update because they weren't focusing on making a partial update in the first place.

Automata

Apr 10, 2017
In a recent stream, DC said the tech update will be released in parts. It looks like Jenny's story will be first. After that, a new character story is supposed to be released every 2 months. Let's say Debbie is second, 2 months after that Diane, 2 months after that Roxxy etc. Now you can make your own estimate on when the release will be complete.

And to leave my own opinion on this: How much more obviously do you want to make it look like a cash grab? I wanted to write more, but screw it. I have never paid a cent for the game, but the way DC an his team work is just egregious.
Edit: Economically however, he is doing everything right. As long as thousands of chumps keep throwing money at you, drag it on as long as possible.
Good grief, every two months for one character? If we assume every character the MC can currently sleep with is released separately that's over 5 years just to reach where we are now plus the time we've already waited.

However, let's be generous and group some content together. Still going to keep the main family as separate releases.

1. Jenny
  2. Debbie
  3. Diane
  4. Roxy, Missy, Becca
  5. Eve, Odette, Grace
  6. Mia, Helen, Sister Angelica
  7. The teachers
  8. Nadya, Katya, Svetlana
  9. Judith, Lopez, Martinez
  10. June, Tammy, Erik
  11. Maria, Tina
  12. Consuela, Zoey, Roz, Liu, Melonia, Iwanka
  13. Aqua, Daisy
That's still over two years to get back to where we are now (Kudos to those who noticed I didn't even list all the side content).

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I mean, that's true for anything that's related to public popularity. Money and popularity beget more money and more popularity.

Then again, one should ask the question why SS is still one of the best 2D wegs out there after 3 years of "stasis" - to me that's actually one of the main reasons, why DC is still making so much money. If there'd more good and popular alternatives around, more people would choose these over SS.

But most of the stuff is either just as slow, anime-styled/RPGM or way lower quality. Now that AI has become a thing, that gap will only grow lager in my opinion.
True. 2D art games with this much content are few and far in-between. But they also generally take the most time to create.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
NOW he cares about his patreons dissatisfaction,not in 2023?
Damn what a timing:KEK:
I honestly don't think he cares that much if the game gets the abandoned tag here. But if patrons are starting to show dissatisfaction as well, It's not surprising that he will now try to release something to calm them down. It has been 3 years since the main story was finished and the last update was 18 months ago. The fact that took them this long to start complaining is kind of amazing.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
I honestly don't think he cares that much if the game gets the abandoned tag here. But if patrons are starting to show dissatisfaction as well, It's not surprising that he will now try to release something to calm them down. It has been 3 years since the main story was finished and the last update was 18 months ago. The fact that took them this long to start complaining is kind of amazing.
Both can be true at the same time through.
I can imagine some of his big whales of patreons pulling the rug under him recently and DC watching his gravy train in danger made him start working in a pre pre tech update.
Only he knows.

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes