a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Do anyone know if this pic is true?

just find it in a comment on the patreon page, i hope it isn't cause i don't like the idea of the protagonist's friend fucking his family :confounded:
No its not true but fan art.

Reactions: Rambert

OnSetout

Mar 2, 2018
Do anyone know if this pic is true?

just find it in a comment on the patreon page, i hope it isn't cause i don't like the idea of the protagonist's friend fucking his family :confounded:
His name is eric too...

petur

Jul 29, 2017
Finally one of my top 3 characters is getting an update!!!Now if after Roxxy we get Judith and the Headmaster of the school(HEADmaster get it :p *wink wink nudge nudge*) i will be a HAPPY camper :D

Reactions: Eavesdropz

cadwaladr

Aug 4, 2017
My goodness somebody finally said it! I was think of posting something along this line but I didn't want to get any heat so yeah in a nut shell this update is basically 2 updates so 2-3 months of waiting is right in the ball park
Trust me, white knighting DC won't get you any heat in this thread. There's plenty of love for sycophants. This update has taken 15 weeks and over $100,000 to get to 85%. That's $1000 a day, meanwhile a fire fighter earns. Tell me again how this is a side project.
I'm just some random guy but if it bothers you so much then I would think you should
a: stop being a patron
b: stop following the game

I'm not trying to be an ass it just seems like you are way more invested in this than you should be.
I have done a) and I'm allowed to do b) and also criticise because this game is setting the benchmark for other developers. If the leading developer (which DC is) does this, this will become the norm even if I never play this game. Leaders can normalise bad behavior. We don't have to suck the cocks of the developers. They ought to be able to take constructive criticism and my criticism has been constructive. I'll say it again for the special children: if DC was honest about not fleecing his patrons he'd have switched to per update rather than per month billing when he realised this update was taking too long. He didn't so he gets to be called out on that. And I'll reiterate: he's pulling in £100,000 for this one update. Amateur hour is over, if he doesn't want to face the criticism then up his game.

Oct 13, 2017
question.
the 30,000 goal on his patreon is titled "the stream" "I should have never promised this. But here it is."
I don't get it. What does this mean

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Trust me, white knighting DC won't get you any heat in this thread. There's plenty of love for sycophants. This update has taken 15 weeks and over $100,000 to get to 85%. That's $1000 a day, meanwhile a fire fighter earns. Tell me again how this is a side project.

I have done a) and I'm allowed to do b) and also criticise because this game is setting the benchmark for other developers. If the leading developer (which DC is) does this, this will become the norm even if I never play this game. Leaders can normalise bad behavior. We don't have to suck the cocks of the developers. They ought to be able to take constructive criticism and my criticism has been constructive. I'll say it again for the special children: if DC was honest about not fleecing his patrons he'd have switched to per update rather than per month billing when he realised this update was taking too long. He didn't so he gets to be called out on that. And I'll reiterate: he's pulling in £100,000 for this one update. Amateur hour is over, if he doesn't want to face the criticism then up his game.
Honestly. What's your problem with him, dude. What's your problem with us.

You got 25 posts on F95, most of them in this thread, spitting on SS's author and spitting on anyone that's praising the game.

So, once again: what's your problem with Summertime Saga?

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
lol,instead of a bland rant,he gave a constructive criticism in above post.and you are asking whats your problem?Hilarious
That's your opinion. Most of all, I don't like being called a sycophant just because I'm saying that the art is the bottleneck and no one but the author can draw it.

Jul 8, 2017
That's your opinion. Most of all, I don't like being called a sycophant just because I'm saying that the art is the bottleneck and no one but the author can draw it.
Well he makes more a year than the average comic book artist so this should be a full time job for him and the art wouldn't be a bottle neck. Most of the time the bottleneck seems to be posing and coding (going by where the progress stalls the most), not the art. While I love the game and have no personal qualms with DC, I feel he is milking this a bit.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017

I feel like you must be jealous of DC or something, constantly focused on his "pay". If he puts four months of effort into an update, shouldn't he reap the rewards of four months? What you're suggesting is that he only get "paid" for one month of work, which is ludicrous. At your job, when you have a project that you work on for four months, do you give back three months of your salary?

If you want to talk about bad precedents, you don't need look any further than Dark Silver. He put out a monthly update, threw together a bare minimum of images, a few lines of dialogue and probably took three weeks off. I feel like you haven't seen any of the streaming online because DC has put 10x the art into this update that Dark Silver would, and we haven't seen any of the spoiler stuff.

Reactions: HB38 and Nulleins

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Do you? The fact the guy has a personal life is part of why stuff takes even longer. If he goes to jail or worse, guess what, game is probably over for a while. I can't wait to see how badly the bitching would be then about how slow it's all going. "Yeah dude, it's gonna take a while because he's locked up for a few years..." People's personal lives play apart of everything else they do. Can't ignore it. Weren't some people just complaining about him taking a vacation....the nerve of some people.
Yes I do. I doubt you do, in fact I doubt you've worked a day in your life.

Teacher, electrician, coder (for an established company), chef, you can use the personal life thing in emergencies. In the real world these jobs don't have out of touch fanboys to say "they have a personal life", in the real world a job comes with obligations, you get paid you're expected to do it.

See the thing is I am ok with his progress up to now, I just don't like to see people making awful excuses and personal life is just a sign that you are out of touch. You want an example of how bad that can get, go look at the game Queen Opala, the creator for that made up some sob story about construction nearby for about half year once they got on patreon, for anyone who works or goes to college could you imagine using that as an excuse as to why you can't work.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
I don't really get bringing up his personal life as a source of delay either. Maybe in regards to streams, he's cut the odd stream short due to baby stuff, but other than the odd holiday, he appears to be working full time on this. And the Patreon issues shouldn't have caused him more than a weeks delay, he wasn't the one in charge of re-writing the dialogue to make it fit with the new Patreon guidelines.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I feel like you must be jealous of DC or something, constantly focused on his "pay". If he puts four months of effort into an update, shouldn't he reap the rewards of four months? What you're suggesting is that he only get "paid" for one month of work, which is ludicrous. At your job, when you have a project that you work on for four months, do you give back three months of your salary?

If you want to talk about bad precedents, you don't need look any further than Dark Silver. He put out a monthly update, threw together a bare minimum of images, a few lines of dialogue and probably took three weeks off. I feel like you haven't seen any of the streaming online because DC has put 10x the art into this update that Dark Silver would, and we haven't seen any of the spoiler stuff.
DC also has to share a cut with the person(s) in charge of the coding, right?
They certainly won't do that for free so acting like he's keeping all the money to himself is pretty silly.

Reactions: dunhill

dunhill

May 3, 2017
i hope this will be a big update cause it is sure taking long.... as for DC well i'm not sure but i think this is his full time job for now but with how things have been going with Patreon i wouldn't be surprised if DC starts looking for a full time job and this game being pushed back as a side project... yea he makes alot of money from this BUT he also got to pay the staff he has helping him out plus he does have a family to support... he does take long to make an update but he does also deliver and remember the game is released for free ppl...

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
This thread seems to be pretty toxic as of the late. I mean it's fair to be upset with how long the update is taking, but we need to also take into consideration that he had to rewrite the whole main story. I do think it has taken a bit longer then it should have (by a few weeks) but sometimes shit happens. And before you say "Well he makes XXXX amount of money, this is his job" you need to realize hes not taking your money, you're giving it to him to support him, you can take it back at any point. If you don't feel that hes giving the project as much time as you should (Which is understandable), then you can back out, at any time. That's if you actually support him, which i'm guessing if you're on here ranting at him, you don't. It's weird that someone actually has to say this.

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes