• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Something I'm curious about. Let's put aside, for the moment, that the dev is grifting people. Just for a moment.
According to SS wiki, development on the game first started in the summer of 2016, from the ground up. This continued until at most april of 2021, so that's roughly 5 years of development. This including writing, story boarding, posing, coding, and art for a significant number of characters. The tech update began, hypothetically, immediately following the last update in April of 2021. That means, as of now, the tech update has been in development for 3 years. Now, the assumption I, and likely most others, have is that the tech update would mostly be a reworking of the backend code, along with some minor art and writing updates to fix story elements. So my question is (and this is mostly aimed at devs who know this) what could be causing such a significant delay? I realize it's been stated that the lead code monkey doesn't work full time on the game, but it still seems like this sprint is taking a significant amount longer than it realistically should have. Are there any theories or explanations, aside from grift, that could cause this?
Isn't it like 2 years though? Considering the last release was the 'pre-tech' update, which was released in '22.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Both are kinda boring, but the former fits this game better. HOWEVER Darkcookie spent enough time on this, he should have added some nuance. I think the protag being proactive like during Eve or Roxxy routes somewhat would have been good; would require very little change in their whole gameplay because while Eve starts off crushing on him and only falls more head over heels, there is bullshit she is dealing with and Roxxy whole thing is that she doesn't and gets won over. You can save the "aww shucks" stuff for the MILF routes because it makes sense that he is shy around older woman and misreading obvious signals
As said above, the planned dating system for the school girls should fix some of that. Right now it basically goes from finished story -> sex. Once they add the dating content, it'll be finished story -> dating -> unlocking scenes/events -> sex.

Then again, MC's general attitude almost certainly won't change.

rivers77

Jul 16, 2017
Does anyone know what's going on in the two recent streams? I like the scene DC is drawing but it seems way too intimate for a Jenny scene unless it has to do with the "girlfriend experience".

In fact I'd go so far as to say I love the concept and art of the scene but it feels WAY more Debbie than it does Jenny.

BobBoober

Feb 3, 2022
Something I'm curious about. Let's put aside, for the moment, that the dev is grifting people. Just for a moment.
According to SS wiki, development on the game first started in the summer of 2016, from the ground up. This continued until at most april of 2021, so that's roughly 5 years of development. This including writing, story boarding, posing, coding, and art for a significant number of characters. The tech update began, hypothetically, immediately following the last update in April of 2021. That means, as of now, the tech update has been in development for 3 years. Now, the assumption I, and likely most others, have is that the tech update would mostly be a reworking of the backend code, along with some minor art and writing updates to fix story elements. So my question is (and this is mostly aimed at devs who know this) what could be causing such a significant delay? I realize it's been stated that the lead code monkey doesn't work full time on the game, but it still seems like this sprint is taking a significant amount longer than it realistically should have. Are there any theories or explanations, aside from grift, that could cause this?
Nope

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Does anyone know what's going on in the two recent streams? I like the scene DC is drawing but it seems way too intimate for a Jenny scene unless it has to do with the "girlfriend experience".

In fact I'd go so far as to say I love the concept and art of the scene but it feels WAY more Debbie than it does Jenny.
As far as I understood DC some days ago, they plan to differentiate more between Jenny's two branches. As such I'd imagine this may be part of the nicer/submissive part. It would be great if each set of choices would get at least one unique scene or so. I always disliked that both of her "branches" felt basically the same.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022

Best girl getting more content with the next release,why are you complaining?:confused:

The Grad

Jun 1, 2017
As far as I understood DC some days ago, they plan to differentiate more between Jenny's two branches. As such I'd imagine this may be part of the nicer/submissive part. It would be great if each set of choices would get at least one unique scene or so. I always disliked that both of her "branches" felt basically the same.
What was the other branch for Jenny? I honestly cant remember.

TaurusBR

Oct 7, 2019
In Android 13 and 14 ( and probably after that ) you can't access android/data folder anymore (the only way is using pc or custom roms) i hope if by any chances he release tech update he considering changing folder for save and mods like other games using documents folder
Android 13/14 only using a USB cable, connecting the Smartphone to the Desktop/Notebook.

KillerKlown

Aug 19, 2018
Finally the abandoned tag. I know he's working on the game but 2 years in between updates is ridiculous. He's been getting easy money that whole time
People are going to jump on and me and say otherwise, but the entire Tech Update was pointless. Game is 75% done, with only two and a half girls/routes left; maybe a third if he wanted to redo Helen/Mia. Weird attempt to extend this game dev cycle unnecessarily when he could have either just jumped into a sequel OR if he wanted to perfect the game do this and Endings with each girl until the sky fell down.

rivers77

Jul 16, 2017
It's hard for a zebra to change it's stripes. I kind of think of it as she is who she is and DC has fought not to turn her into Roxxy (a decision I completely agree with). Jenny isn't my favorite character but I really like how she has remained true to her character and it's reflected with good story telling. However, I think you're right that there could be some more defined differences between the two routes.

I've only ever gone the dominant route with Jenny, because submissive isn't my thing. However, I really like gentle/soft femdom which I think is why I like Debbie as much as I do. The scene definitely looks more that route than straight Dom, but I don't have luxury of hearing what he has to say about it.

vks017

Jun 30, 2017
People are going to jump on and me and say otherwise, but the entire Tech Update was pointless. Game is 75% done, with only two and a half girls/routes left; maybe a third if he wanted to redo Helen/Mia. Weird attempt to extend this game dev cycle unnecessarily when he could have either just jumped into a sequel OR if he wanted to perfect the game do this and Endings with each girl until the sky fell down.
Its just a huge flaw with the patron model in general. It really incentivises this kind of behaviour.

In any kind of old fashioned model there would be zero chance of this happening.

Even if the dev needed to rework it for any reason, its trivial to just throw more resources at the coding and massively cut the turnaround time. As it is there's no motivation to do so as dragging it out means there is more secure long term revenue as opposed to finishing the game and starting something new with all the risks that entails.

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes