Black Orchid

Sep 3, 2022
No they will just release the parts that are done. Just think about it as them restarting from scratch and re-releasing all the previouss updates, one by one with the new resolution. Once they do the first partial tech update, that version will be a lot smaller and have a lot less content than the current one.
is this confirmed?

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
is this confirmed?
Don't know if it's confirmed but he talked about it in one of his streams. The full tech update will probably not be finished in the next year so maybe starting releasing small updates is not a bad idea. I don't know, this whole thing is a mess.

• Wow
Reactions: Rock&Rule

Ragingrager

Jan 27, 2018
Good grief, every two months for one character? If we assume every character the MC can currently sleep with is released separately that's over 5 years just to reach where we are now plus the time we've already waited.

However, let's be generous and group some content together. Still going to keep the main family as separate releases.

1. Jenny
  2. Debbie
  3. Diane
  4. Roxy, Missy, Becca
  5. Eve, Odette, Grace
  6. Mia, Helen, Sister Angelica
  7. The teachers
  8. Nadya, Katya, Svetlana
  9. Judith, Lopez, Martinez
  10. June, Tammy, Erik
  11. Maria, Tina
  12. Consuela, Zoey, Roz, Liu, Melonia, Iwanka
  13. Aqua, Daisy
That's still over two years to get back to where we are now (Kudos to those who noticed I didn't even list all the side content).
My fucking sides I hope it really does take that long to finish the tech update. Imagine being one of the people that voted for it.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Waaaait a 2.137 seconds...
So, You want to tell me, that DC was making tech update for 4 years already with relasing some minor scene updates on the way.
And we haven't had update since 2022.
And now, after 4 friggin years of making the update this guy announces that it will be relased in parts cuz it would not be finishd for at least year or something?
For chroist sake, there are single-person game developers who can make a whole, bigger than SS game from scratch in shorter time for fraction of the funds DC has.
View attachment 3585651
Dont forget the very sus timing of this release.
The whole thing is a shitshow,is like a trainwreck you cant look away:KEK:

Reactions: Lithy and fhenrir

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The full tech update will probably not be finished in the next year so maybe starting releasing small updates is not a bad idea.
DC did say some time ago that he'd expect further growth once the tech update is out. It'll really depend on how much they actually managed to get done. Having the partial tech update, followed by another release a some months later and a Ronda release another few months after that would likely indeed provide a significant boost.

As always, when it comes to the business side of things on Patreon, releasing several smaller updates is always preferable to releasing few larger ones. Then again, given the last years, I'm not sure how likely that really is.

• Angry
Reactions: Lithy

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
i don't understand the whole "partial tech update" concept. wasn't the main point of the tech update to change the aspect ratio of the entire game to 16:9? releasing that in parts seems very backwards to me, will only a part of the images be in said aspect resolution? but i guess it allows him to drip feed "updates" for longer whilst putting in very little work.
I'm assuming all of the fundamental assets are tech-updated, with only the actual character quests getting implemented later, and their respective locations. That's the only way I think partial tech-updates make sense.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Regardless of that, the reason DC announced they're getting a test update is because among patrons there is also a growing dissatisfaction because of a lack of tangible progress. If he really wanted to dodge the abandoned tag for this site, he wouldn't have to go through the trouble to release an actual playable version of the tech-update.
are patreons really dumb enough to fall for this? DC must count on it because there is not really a difference in terms of progress between finishing the tech update completly (let's be optimistic here) sometime next year and releasing it partially until it is finished

doing in that way might even take longer in the end because every partial tech update also needs to go through a testing phase right

but from what i gathered from the post the faq spammer made DC thinks everyone is just being impatient and people hate him anyways so he doesn't care. SS has become too successful to fail (in terms of the money it's making)

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
there is not really a difference in terms of progress between finishing the tech update completly (let's be optimistic here) sometime next year and releasing it partially until it is finished
purely from a project management POV, I think a partial release will be good for forcing them to persist with the new code/flag structure they're planning on pushing as part of the tech update. The worst case, unrealistic as it may be, is there's no partial release and 6 months from now they decide there's a more optimal way to lay out the code, leading to another from-scratch refactor.

If there's a partial release already out there a few months from now and there's less content in it than in 20.16, then there's forward pressure on them to restore the remaining content to get back to par with the previous versions ASAP. They also won't want to do another refactor, as the one they've just done has taken about 10x longer than they ever expected. So they're forced to keep going onward. A bit like Gromit laying down the traintracks

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
are patreons really dumb enough to fall for this? DC must count on it because there is not really a difference in terms of progress between finishing the tech update completly (let's be optimistic here) sometime next year and releasing it partially until it is finished
I think one easily undererstimates the number of patrons who subscribe/unsubscribe. Given the fluctuation each month, it technically takes like ~6 to 7 months or so to replace every single patron DC has with someone new. So it's really not like there are 25k+ people waiting for years paying for nothing.

There'll be two main groups of patrons. Those who discover the game and pay a few $ until the unscubscribe again a few months later and those who really are long term fans (and actually pay something). The latter group has proven to be very, very patient. I guess the fact that DC streams so much does help a lot here - it's way easier to pay a few $ a months, when you get let several hours of content delivered each week.

prk222111

Feb 6, 2023
if this update not gonna be literally mind blowing, like really really mind blowing, that my head gonna explode, then i'll say it was worth waiting and the await time was totally understandable, but if not, then tbh nothing because patrons still gonna be stupid ass ..... and gonna support this scam.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017

doing in that way might even take longer in the end because every partial tech update also needs to go through a testing phase right
I genuinely don't know, but assuming it might take a bit longer in the long run if they go with partial updates, it would still be worth it if patrons like it. The difference it makes is that patrons, and people in general get to see the progress for themselves instead of getting a monthly post, maybe a wallpaper, and seeing DC draw on stream.

And if I put on my tinfoil hat for a second, DC has been working on new and improved sex scenes for some characters on stream, and the monthly update notes have included some as well. So if there's new and reworked content added in with the partial updates, that's reason more to go for it.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022

but from what i gathered from the post the faq spammer made DC thinks everyone is just being impatient and people hate him anyways so he doesn't care. SS has become too successful to fail (in terms of the money it's making)
A month ago "DC DOENST CARE ABOUT HIS PATREONS ANGER,STOP ASKING QUESTIONS:mad:"
Now that Darkcookie flipped the script on everyone "DC CARES ABOUT HIS PATREONS,STOP ASKING QUESTIONS:mad:"
This whole thing is just funny.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
A month ago "DC DOENST CARE ABOUT HIS PATREONS ANGER,STOP ASKING QUESTIONS:mad:"
Now that Darkcookie flipped the script on everyone "DC CARES ABOUT HIS PATREONS,STOP ASKING QUESTIONS:mad:"
This whole thing is just funny.
Who the fuck said that? Who the fuck is saying that? What drugs are you on? Can I have some?

You are funny.

• Haha
Reactions: Android 93
4.20 star(s) 341 Votes