Nullx54

Jun 4, 2017
Last month I explained Patreon's latest ban craze is a major new reason (on top of existent major reasons, specific to SS) why SS will never see another release.

Here's a relevant (and fresh) example of what happens if you release and come up on Patreon's Fascist Fantasy Police radar. Notice the uptick in supporters & revenue and then BANG! Project is gone. This is not odd. There have been MANY major projects banned in the past few months (see my comment from last month).

View attachment 3536413

ATU has a LOT of similarities with SS: MC, mom & sis in the same house, 2D project started in 2016 around when SS started, same post-2018 attempts to decorate the original central incest theme by renaming relations, same ages for MC & LIs, same major setup around highschool, same collisions with Patreon's latest turboinsane ideas of what consent is (e.g. sex with teachers), etc. etc.

Let's indulge for a second the "naive" idea that the TU was actually worked on so far and will get released for whatever reason. The latest realities show that Patreon will VERY likely kill SS days after the TU releases.
So for DC the choice is:
Option A = Release the TU and in doing so run the MASSIVE risk of having cashed the last SS check ever.
Option B = Don't release the TU, keep selling bullshit and keep cashing whatever still comes in for however long that lasts.
A = $0.
B = $500000 to $1000000 more in the bank over the next 1-2 years.
What would you choose?

Don't think SS will move to another platform. DC's m.o. gained him a lot of animosity over the past few years. One slip anywhere else and his real id will be exposed. If SS is EVER bound to his real name his real life will become a nightmare. His kids will be bullied in any school, incessantly. His family will be estranged from any community. He will have a VERY hard time finding any work with SS popping up on a background check. He won't risk that. Once SS is off Patreon, it's gone for good.

P.S: My afforementioned last month comment:
Ok, let's say that DC is in a pitch right now because of Patreon's bitch made policies. If that is the case then he got the perfect alibi to not making any releases and milking the hell out of his patrons until he can make the final game, find out how to go down without getting doxed and ride off into the sunset laugh all the way to the bank.

If not, he's pretty much dug his own grave and the moment the patreonazi's decide it's time to get buried. It's bye bye life and legacy.

• Haha
Reactions: Xupuzulla

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Ok, let's say that DC is in a pitch right now because of Patreon's bitch made policies. If that is the case then he got the perfect alibi to not making any releases and milking the hell out of his patrons until he can make the final game, find out how to go down without getting doxed and ride off into the sunset laugh all the way to the bank.

If not, he's pretty much dug his own grave and the moment the patreonazi's decide it's time to get buried. It's bye bye life and legacy.
LOL DC is not going to get banned,patreon is milking him just like hes milking his supporters:whistle:

MisterMeh

Nov 3, 2020
Take this with a MASSIVE heaping of salt.

Apparently today in his stream, Dc and whomever is working on the game, said he's working on releasing a build in the not too distant future, that will be more of a test of the tech update.

Again, this will NOT be the finished version of the over haul, but will be playable.

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020

Apparently today in his stream, Dc and whomever is working on the game, said he's working on releasing a build in the not too distant future, that will be more of a test of the tech update.

Again, this will NOT be the finished version of the over haul, but will be playable.
If true, this is crushing news for the abandoned tag community. My heart goes out.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020

I can feel my laughter raising (referring to my other post here)
the thing is, and this is aimed at those that say "abandoned tag won't have any affect", it actually will, and I'll list my reasoning for saying this :
1) F95 was more or less the place that got SS on the map, F95 declaring it abandoned isn't a small thing.
2) Other pirate sites will probably follow suit.
3) Human nature, especially on the internet, is to spread gossip, thus, SS being declared abandoned WILL spread.
4) knock-on effect of point 3 is that it will cause a decrease in people subscribing to SS, which in turn is felt by DC, who might (most probably) start to actually feel pressure.

now, as MisterMeh said, heap of salt, but I find it amusing that suddenly, with under 2 weeks to "abandoned" day, DC says he will release a build...

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
I can feel my laughter raising (referring to my other post here)
the thing is, and this is aimed at those that say "abandoned tag won't have any affect", it actually will, and I'll list my reasoning for saying this :
1) F95 was more or less the place that got SS on the map, F95 declaring it abandoned isn't a small thing.
2) Other pirate sites will probably follow suit.
3) Human nature, especially on the internet, is to spread gossip, thus, SS being declared abandoned WILL spread.
4) knock-on effect of point 3 is that it will cause a decrease in people subscribing to SS, which in turn is felt by DC, who might (most probably) start to actually feel pressure.

now, as MisterMeh said, heap of salt, but I find it amusing that suddenly, with under 2 weeks to "abandoned" day, DC says he will release a build...
I agree that it's suspicious, particularly when they've been seemingly unconcerned with the delay for so long. They're definitely not unaware of F95, and while I don't think they care about the tag itself they're probably concerned about the short-term fuss it'll kick up on their Picarto, Discord, and particularly Patreon. The Milfy City mess wasn't all that long ago, and you can easily envision the same thing happening here:

- People see the "Abandoned" tag here and go onto the Discord and other social media platforms to figure out what's going on;
- The influx of people spamming questions ticks off the mods, who'll do what ticked off mods do and throw up a tone-deaf pinned comment to the effect of "It'll be done when it's done, STFU" and start banning people;
- The banhammer ticks off the rabble, who proceed to rabble-rouse;
1713328364642.gif
- Things escalate to the point where people start spamming the "Report" function on Patreon, which attracts the attention of their Gestapo moderator team and maybe reminds them that the NSFW game hasn't had a good hard look in a while and needs to be taken down for a few weeks for "review".

I'm not intimately familiar with Patreon's rules, but I'm guessing that pages under review don't charge patrons. DC might be lazy and/or incompetent, but if you fuck with the money it's definitely going to get his attention.

What baffles me is how they're even going to release a "test build" in the first place. The latest status updates make it sound like huge chunks of the game have just barely hit a state where they're ready for QA. If they can release a build with updated content that isn't a janky buggy mess, why the fuck haven't they done so already?

Last edited:

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
What baffles me is how they're even going to release a "test build" in the first place. The latest status updates make it sound like huge chunks of the game have just barely hit a state where they're ready for QA. If they can release a build with updated content that isn't a janky buggy mess, why the fuck haven't they done so already?
because people can become lazy, this tech update probably could have been done a long time ago, but hey, if I was DC, and money was rolling in, my "coder" was taking their time, and all I had to do was release wallpapers of "possible" future content... yeah, I can see how that could quickly become the current show it is.

and now people are talking about "game being listed as abandoned soon, which is going to effect the bottom line" and suddenly... the fire is lit under a very painful area...

in other words, DC probably got lazy, after all, there was no rush to get a update out... until recently.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017

I'm not sure why you're saying to take it with a heap of salt and say "apparently", when that's literally what he said. I went and found the part where he discussed it: It's around the 10 minute mark.

DC responds to a chatter, saying that they (developers) usually work parallel to each other but that they're now all working together to get out a playable test version of the tech-update, supposedly getting "close".

He's also saying he's working on Jenny a lot because she'll be one of the first stories to experience with the tech-update, and wants people to enjoy all the things they add and improve for her story. At this point its all pretty vague and we don't know what he actually means by this.

But to me it kind of sounds like some content packages (mainly storylines) will be re-released AFTER the tech-update instead of the tech-update being a whole packaged revamp of the game and scheduled updates going further as usual, like we thought. That's just my speculation from what DC said, but I see it happening. Releasing the tech-update in playable chunks instead of waiting another year or more for the whole thing seems to be the best call, even though it's not perfect.

I just hope that they rework all the content they plan on re-implementing, because why the fuck wouldn't you? If at that point they haven't reworked the art and scenes, then what the fuck are we doing?

4.20 star(s) 339 Votes