• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Not likely to happen. The moderators are apparently rejecting reports saying the thread needs an Abandoned tag
Which... is actually... understandable.
(yes, this is where I look at things from the other side)
From the moderators perspective, DC is still in-communication (patreon posts, streams), an update is "on the way" and this is a highly charged thread, for one of the biggest games on the site.
it could be they are taking a "wait a little longer and see what happens" approach, or they really don't want to list one of the biggest games with the abandoned tag.

I've been lurking on DC's discord for a little bit, and even on there, there is a growing amount of... let's say discontent even from those that are subscribers, especially with this latest announcement.

vks017

Jun 30, 2017
From the moderators perspective, DC is still in-communication (patreon posts, streams), an update is "on the way" and this is a highly charged thread, for one of the biggest games on the site.
it could be they are taking a "wait a little longer and see what happens" approach, or they really don't want to list one of the biggest games with the abandoned tag.

I've been lurking on DC's discord for a little bit, and even on there, there is a growing amount of... let's say discontent even from those that are subscribers, especially with this latest announcement.
Yeah I can understand this from their side. At least it seems the threat of the tag has had the desired effect. Anything to shake this game out of the what seemed permanent hibernation is good.

Reactions: GaRbS

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
DC is throwing crumbs at them and they going to celebrate like is a feast.
i just checked the discord and there is a small uprising but the mods and some of the high tier patreons are fast to call everyone who thinks this is ridiculous whiners

btw where the fuck is the abandoned tag???

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_

meh1995

Jul 11, 2023

This is a lot of bullshit. This strategy of "communication", which is basically throwing bread crumbs to people to keep them happy has been sanctioned on the site before, so it is still unfair the site has not given this game the abandoned tag yet.

Also, remember, that one of the lead mods of the site is part of STS's team, which is insane, to say the least.
1714516915774.png

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
It's easy to do on a discord server. You just press ban and the person can't post on the server anymore.
That's not a shadowban. That's a regular ban. A shadowban is a ban someone doesn't notice, like when you just get removed from searchs on Xitter.

jaaazzzooo

Nov 22, 2020
I'm curious, as I see a lot of people complaining about this thread/game not receiving an "abandoned" tag. How does the tag affect the games development? It's not as if there will be any monetary decline if/when it gets the tag, right? Or am I missing something here? Also some poeple said that DC is pushing an update because of the possiblity of the tag.

Username7

May 1, 2017
The decision may have been made at the beginning of the year but that wasn't when coding stalled. Coding stalled back in September of last year. Coding has been stuck at 69% since at least last october (there is a pic of the progress, from then, somewhere back in the morass that is this thread). My question is, why has the coding stalled? Because only patreon subs can see the progress reports we do not have a clear idea of what has been going on. Being a coder myself I do not see a reason why the coding stopped. If they made a decision to roll out the updates in small bits you'd think they would have started that back when the coding came to a halt in order to start debugging.
Interesting because my posts here #73,284 and here #73,564 would say otherwise, I do apologize for the lack of screenshots with the second you'll just have to take my word on that, just because percentage doesn't move doesn't mean task aren't getting done case in point this month they've closed out 5 posing task yet the needle hasn't moved much I greyed out the older task.
70a0f5c1ccb129ec992e8bfb67fe8a5d.png

meh1995

Jul 11, 2023
That's not a shadowban. That's a regular ban. A shadowban is a ban someone doesn't notice, like when you just get removed from searchs on Xitter.
I mean, most of the other users didn't notice it, including myself at first. I genuinely thought people just left.

meh1995

Jul 11, 2023
I'm curious, as I see a lot of people complaining about this thread/game not receiving an "abandoned" tag. How does the tag affect the games development? It's not as if there will be any monetary decline if/when it gets the tag, right? Or am I missing something here?
Depends on the game. Some people usually won't try a game marked as abandoned, because you'll only get a half-assed experience that isn't finished, or worse, a promising game that doesn't have any more activity.

STS case is special, though, I genuinely believe this is a "too big to fall" sort of scenario. That being said, marking games without updates as abandoned IS part of the site's rules, so it is unfair that some games are marked as abandoned, while this one isn't. I bet it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that some mods here also work for DC.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I mean, most of the other users didn't notice it, including myself at first. I genuinely thought people just left.
Well, a shadowban in Discord's case would have the person still be part of the server, but their posts cannot be seen. So in this case, it's just a sneaky standard ban that just doesn't get announced.

meh1995

Jul 11, 2023
Well, a shadowban in Discord's case would have the person still be part of the server, but their posts cannot be seen. So in this case, it's just a sneaky standard ban that just doesn't get announced.
Sure. Still a pretty despicable practice, though.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
I'm curious, as I see a lot of people complaining about this thread/game not receiving an "abandoned" tag. How does the tag affect the games development? It's not as if there will be any monetary decline if/when it gets the tag, right? Or am I missing something here? Also some poeple said that DC is pushing an update because of the possiblity of the tag.
money.gif

phoenixman123

Feb 10, 2019
For what i understand first update will tiny, about 2 scenes at most, he will be releasing the game by the same size update every 2-3 months, i mean people waiting years for it to be released like this and the excuse its for testing for bugs.
I read the notice as both updated Debbie and Jenny routes in full. I guess once it’s eventually out we can get an insight into what we’ll actually be getting in the updates and will know what to expect next.

4.20 star(s) 343 Votes