lam09

Apr 8, 2023
the only release date i read of , probably wishful hoping , was sometime in march , no year was mentioned , so ..... 2024 - 2025 - 2026 , DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH , this is the cash cowen - milkening dev\team i have ever come across , the next update with all its hype will probably make you redo the game and all those dang @$#@#$ mini-games that might damage your [space] key like it did mine because you have to tap your [space] key like a million times a second for several seconds inorder to win those dang things , if the cheat option is still available , if and when the update comes out , USE THE CHEATS to save your keyboard and your finger
Sure, thank you kind stranger for the heads up

randommal3

Oct 14, 2018
Anyway i replayed the Game again and I'm stuck in Mayor Romp's house in the Evening. I cant clean the Bathtub because Rump is in it, nothing else is clickable and I can't get out from the house. Any solution ?

Marphey

May 13, 2019
Here's the thing... As an indie dev myself, i get it. DC really has no point (and as others pointed out, actually has no obligations) to release the tech update faster, even tho it's been almost 3 years going at it.

The money just keeps pouring in, their future is secured, they probably have plenty of other new projects idea they are working on. So people can bitch and moan all about it morning to evening if they want, doesn't change the fact that Summertime Saga is certainly a commercial (and arguably, marketing) success already and thus, lack any good motivation other than their reputation to release timely and sizable updates.

They can take their sweet ass time in planning, prototyping and exploring concepts for the future of Summertime Saga or whatever else they want to go to next. And let me tell you, that this kind of opportunity is fantastically rare in the world of video games in general, and he knows it.

Would i like for them to get along and finally release this damn update? Fuck yeah, i want to play this game one more time with the tech update so i can finally put an end to this whole saga (eh).

But also... DAMN, DUDE FOUND INFINITE MONEY GLITCH AND IS CASHING IT IN YEEEEEEWHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I'm half-joking but to be blunt; yes he is exploiting the shit out of it and i can't even blame him.
Patreon is goldmine for creators most companies who rely on investments and profits would have been shut down already for doing sometihng like this since not having anything to sell and showing no results to investors you would have no money.

But since people on patreon are happy to keep paying for unfinished products gamedevs like the SS dev has no reason to actually finish anything.

I am sure reason this game hasn't been canned is because SS dev is afraid he would loose ton of money from dissapointed patreons.

DEX333

Mar 5, 2019
Here's the thing... As an indie dev myself, i get it. DC really has no point (and as others pointed out, actually has no obligations) to release the tech update faster, even tho it's been almost 3 years going at it.

The money just keeps pouring in, their future is secured, they probably have plenty of other new projects idea they are working on. So people can bitch and moan all about it morning to evening if they want, doesn't change the fact that Summertime Saga is certainly a commercial (and arguably, marketing) success already and thus, lack any good motivation other than their reputation to release timely and sizable updates.

They can take their sweet ass time in planning, prototyping and exploring concepts for the future of Summertime Saga or whatever else they want to go to next. And let me tell you, that this kind of opportunity is fantastically rare in the world of video games in general, and he knows it.

Would i like for them to get along and finally release this damn update? Fuck yeah, i want to play this game one more time with the tech update so i can finally put an end to this whole saga (eh).

But also... DAMN, DUDE FOUND INFINITE MONEY GLITCH AND IS CASHING IT IN YEEEEEEWHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I'm half-joking but to be blunt; yes he is exploiting the shit out of it and i can't even blame him.

oh! you said you're an indie dev, whatcha workin on?

Gizzy28

Oct 14, 2018
This game was made in August 2016 right? and after almost 4 in a half years of development we were finished with the main questline.

Why does a tech update take as much as time as making the game itself? Could you not have made the game from scratch?

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
This game was made in August 2016 right? and after almost 4 in a half years of development we were finished with the main questline.

Why does a tech update take as much as time as making the game itself? Could you not have made the game from scratch?
it's called milking it.

Reactions: Jarul
4.20 star(s) 340 Votes