Buzz007

Jun 2, 2017
A release this weekend or next week is fine by me. I'm busy with Hitman 2 & Tomb Raider anyway.

Last edited:

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
A release this weekend or next week is fine by me. I'm busy with Hitman 2 & Tomb Raider anyway.

I fortunately with red dead redemption 2 (PS4)

however the pogressbar returned to 98%, the task code is again at 34/36 :cry:

(Sorry my english)

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
in the new code it is clear that there will be bugs, but it seems to me that they in the old code still finding bugs
I just want to say that they spend too much time on testing, searching for bugs, fixing them
already as 2 weeks the progress scale is hanging at 97%, in 2 weeks that it was impossible to fix it?
Fuck me..... as someone who tests computer software for a living I find basically everything you've written hilarious. You cannot know for certain what your update has done behind the scenes given how much code can be interlinked. You can make an educated guess if the changes are pretty far apart but even then you can get caught short and then you look like an idiot for releasing buggy code.

A venn diagram of "People who complain that testing holds up a release" and "people who foam at the mouth when a release comes out and it's unplayable due to bugs." is a perfect circle.

Go find something else to wank over if you're that eager. I think Last Man just got an update

kneel

Apr 12, 2018
I remember seeing the progress percentage bar went to 99% this morning then when I viewed it now it went back to 98%? Lmao

Reactions: Hitch

Onibaku

Feb 7, 2018
This update a new system for displaying sprites and the pregnancy system was made. Thats why DC needed to redraw a lot of old characters. With the pregnancy system that can be used for all the characters i think that the next updates will be quicker

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
I remember seeing the progress percentage bar went to 99% this morning then when I viewed it now it went back to 98%? Lmao
ikr, the progress bar on Patrion is going the wrong way. It was showing Coding at 99%, now its down to 94%.

Last edited:

DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017
is very funny that the Complete % specification differs on Patreon and in the Firefox addon.

whats wrong.jpg

felipons

Fluffy, The Destroyer of Worlds
Modder
Game Developer
Jan 15, 2018
is very funny that the Complete % specification differs on Patreon and in the Firefox addon.
The problem is actually in the integer conversion you have 106/108 giving a total of 98.148...%, but when the addon converts in does a Math.ceil in the other hand the Webpage does it more correctly converting down when the difference is lower than .5%

Akrono$

May 2, 2017
Well, if they give an approximate release date, 99% chances are they are not gonna make it, or they are goint to release something unfinished or fo poor quality. This will happen 2-3 times and then patrons will progressively stop pledging.

I think being honest and saying "we are doing our best, it will be ready when ready, please be patient and thank you for supporting us" is the best way.
I think that soonTM - it's just trolling they just pulled time
and it would be better they said that "the release will this week" - for example

Well, they are very transparent and that's how they "get away" with it. People can watch DC draw 5 times a week, he's available on Discord and during the stream for questions and explains why things last and long as they last, if they really want to know, there's a detailed tracker for the things that are being done, etc.

If you add that the game is basically free and that patreons give money because they want to get certain perks which aren't game related or because they want to support the game, it does provide a bit more flexibility. Other devs need a release date because they actually "sell" the game.

Last but not least the fact that the updates are worth it, is certainly a factor. Roxxy's ~110 day update was simply so much better than any other 50 to 60 day update DC released before that it's just worth the wait.

Edit: Words.
well, some updates are good, but the update with the teachers was bad, sex poses are the same - cowgirl

Because the drawing is what actually takes the time. DC started drawing for the next update 3 weeks ago and If he'd add more stuff to 0.17 now we'd wait even longer for 0.18 in the future.
you did not understand what i asked. I asked why are they adding new scenes always break the code that was already written normally, and still have to spend time on the old code when it was necessary to do 1 + 1
I edit Wikipedia in my own language and add or update information without breaking what is already written

Akrono$

May 2, 2017
If you had played the older versions of the game you would know how much the game has improved over time. If DC had to do the same updates they do now but he alone, it would take not 4 but 8 months if not more, and the quality wouldn't be even the same.
I played in previous versions, I started to follow the project quite a while ago and earlier with the smaller team, the updates were more frequent.
there were also updates, such as 10.5, 12.5 (half updates) - well, maybe not these, I just gave an example
I like it closer to what is frequently updated

Fuck me..... as someone who tests computer software for a living I find basically everything you've written hilarious. You cannot know for certain what your update has done behind the scenes given how much code can be interlinked. You can make an educated guess if the changes are pretty far apart but even then you can get caught short and then you look like an idiot for releasing buggy code.
earlier they released beta version and nothing , everything was fine, there were not so many bugs, and if there were something, in a short time they were eliminated

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
guys,please,lets avoid bringing the torches or licking the Devs ass too much,this will only make things escalate here,and wont change anything on their side.....lets focus on things we can discuss about the game,not about things we cant change on the developers modus operandi,ok?

Last edited:

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
earlier they released beta version and nothing , everything was fine, there were not so many bugs, and if there were something, in a short time they were eliminated
So...... you're basically saying that a piece of software from a while ago, when it was smaller and as such a lot simpler behind the scenes with less features, took a shorter amount of time to validate as being fit for release than a new version which the developer has come out and said will result in a massive rewrite to various parts of the code to include a whole new gameplay mechanic? Well no shit....

Come on man.... think about it.... you're basically saying "well I don't get why it took so long for the mechanic to fix my car when I created a lego one in 2 minutes."

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
I played in previous versions, I started to follow the project quite a while ago and earlier with the smaller team, the updates were more frequent.
there were also updates, such as 10.5, 12.5 (half updates) - well, maybe not these, I just gave an example
I like it closer to what is frequently updated

They were faster because they were way smaller (apart from an overall lower quality). You might prefer that but, and I said that twice already yesterday, patreons were given the choice and they chose these bigger slower updates.

And you keep talking about bug tracking despite several people explaining why it takes time. The amount of bugs that can appear in a project is exponientaly proportional to the size and complexity of said project. You can't just compare the time it took way back then to now.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I think that soonTM - it's just trolling they just pulled time
and it would be better they said that "the release will this week" - for example
Well, it's going to be done when it's done and I guess most people don't really have a problem with that. That little bit of trolling has indeed a tradition by now and I'm sure longtime patreons actually like and expect it to a degree.
well, some updates are good, but the update with the teachers was bad, sex poses are the same - cowgirl
In the end the teacher's update was basically 4 small "monthly" updates combined into one bigger 3-4 months update. That does indeed kind of show contentwise. He does plan to add more scenes to each story though.

you did not understand what i asked. I asked why are they adding new scenes always break the code that was already written normally, and still have to spend time on the old code when it was necessary to do 1 + 1
I edit Wikipedia in my own language and add or update information without breaking what is already written
Right now there are two code bases. One is old (right now Diane, Jenny and Mrs. Johnson/Eric are left) and will slowly be replaced while the other is new one. Once that's done it should go quite a bit smoother.

Else the major problem is that the game isn't linear at all and has tons of charcter interactions. That likely makes it a lot harder fix all those really nasty "character X doesn't appear in location Y when you've done A,B,C in story Z before" which then create troubles in other, old stories. Okita's story being blocked in the current version of the game is just one example. So it's not like you'll never touch your old code again but you've got to work with parts of it every update.

Edit: And even your Wikipadia example isn't really that true. As soon as you use hyperlinks etc. in your text you've got make sure that they work properly. And if you move or change something anywhere else, you've got to adapt your links as well. The same is true here. If they add or change interactions/scenes/etc. they have to make sure that those changes are compatible with everything else that's been done before.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
well,thats why i dont like the patrons idea for an ideal game,if they get the choice,the game will never get ready,cuz instead of going for a solid code,DC let them choose,and they prefer to make their favorite characters have their concluded route instead of making a working game with a solid code structure at once....well,i like the game,and will continue waiting for the development,i just dont like the way the make it,cuz it always snowballs for trouble in the release...

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
Well, they are very transparent and that's how they "get away" with it. People can watch DC draw 5 times a week, he's available on Discord and during the stream for questions and explains why things last and long as they last, if they really want to know, there's a detailed tracker for the things that are being done, etc.
Well yeah i think if the dev tracker wasn't here, they would take hell

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes