Skinner

Jul 6, 2017
Your version is shit. I am sorry.
Wow! Your version is the best I've ever seen! Why are you here posting comments like this instead of applying for an artist position to get some of that sweet money he's getting! Wait... I think my eyes are deceiving me. I must've been hallucinating. I could've sworn you attached an image... but now I'm unable to see it. I could've sworn I saw an attached image that put theirs to shame. I tried looking through your history to find it... and gosh, I'm not seeing any artwork you've done.

Are we done being children? I sure hope so. That paragraph took a lot of effort to get the level just right.

Aluks90

Aug 28, 2017
With his budget he should be able to hire someone to work with him. Here, this took me like... 15 minutes, tops.

View attachment 258935

It's not even close to perfect but it at least doesn't have her tits growing out of her sternum. His art has some serious flaws and is unacceptable quality for the amount of money that's put into it.

I think it's really nice work man. Just need bigger boobs, for science of course.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Wow! Your version is the best I've ever seen! Why are you here posting comments like this instead of applying for an artist position to get some of that sweet money he's getting! Wait... I think my eyes are deceiving me. I must've been hallucinating. I could've sworn you attached an image... but now I'm unable to see it. I could've sworn I saw an attached image that put theirs to shame. I tried looking through your history to find it... and gosh, I'm not seeing any artwork you've done.

Are we done being children? I sure hope so. That paragraph took a lot of effort to get the level just right.
I don't know what this argument is about, but this thing you're doing here, where you think you can only criticize something if you also create something better is really stupid and heaven help you if you need someone to explain why.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I'd guess this whole discussion shoud have taken place in the "fan art" topic anyway. In the end it's not really about what looks better or worse, or about what one likes more or less, but about consistency starting from proportions and style and proportions to small details like shading and linework. Next to that it's about individual creatitivity, a certain like-mindedness and speed. Most people who draw professionally will be able to produce art that comes close to what DC does and most wll be able to draw something that looks better and more detailed if they want to - some faster, some slower - but that's not the point it's about after all.

And as mentioned before, those who think they can do it or who think they know someone who can, are free to send a portfolio.

Reactions: Vibescu

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
With his budget he should be able to hire someone to work with him. Here, this took me like... 15 minutes, tops.

View attachment 258935

It's not even close to perfect but it at least doesn't have her tits growing out of her sternum. His art has some serious flaws and is unacceptable quality for the amount of money that's put into it.
What's wrong with tits that hang down below the navel? Everyone's great grandma have them!

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
remember that DC is a human, like all of us here, has a real life, a job, debts, kids, and so on. so is logical that things doesn't go as planned from time to time, and watching you guys trash-talking about a real life stuff is frankly dissapointing
It has been this way for years though? If he's working on the game and has a full time job on the side then that would be easy to forgive but the game is his job and his work ethic doesn't seem that great so far as we can tell.

Nobody's life is so chaotic that they should take this long to develop their work, sure he puts effort in but compared to most people with all that money he's sure taking it easy. There's creators on Patreon who barely earn 10% of what SS does who put out content far faster.
I don't see why it's not okay to be unsatisfied with this, what genuine reason is there for it to be this slow?
"Life stuff" is a pretty poor reason when every other creator has a life too, DC isn't the only person on the planet who's going to run in to problems from time to time.

Unless he owes money to a Mexican drug cartel who leaves him with $50 each month he easily has the resources to have the game developed faster than this.

redblue24

Nov 15, 2018
Jesus, the world is going to these people?
They usually get phone answering types of jobs, or janitorial jobs. My point is that the reason might not be the intent to milk the patreonbux, but that due to some reason they simply just don't get much done. An example would be someone who sits on their phone all day when they're supposed to be programming, or alternatively the architect who spends all day producing a blueprint only to realize late in the day that a fatal flaw was introduced early on in the process and as a result has to trashcan the entire day's work. I suspect the truth is somewhere in between.

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
They usually get phone answering types of jobs, or janitorial jobs. My point is that the reason might not be the intent to milk the patreonbux, but that due to some reason they simply just don't get much done. An example would be someone who sits on their phone all day when they're supposed to be programming, or alternatively the architect who spends all day producing a blueprint only to realize late in the day that a fatal flaw was introduced early on in the process and as a result has to trashcan the entire day's work. I suspect the truth is somewhere in between.
Except it isn’t, he spends most of his day drawing and when DC not drawing he is with his family.

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
I don’t get it people who are not patrons constantly complain about how slow he is and other developers release updates faster, yet none of 2d games release smaller update per month than he does in a year and the ones release larger update takes nearly as long as DC. It’s almost like games that use 2d art rather then CG take longer to update.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
The problem, is people who know so little, presume/assume so much.

Reactions: Beatrix Kiddo

VonRaschke

Aug 11, 2016

View attachment 258935

lol the one on the left looks like a hobbit

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

secretsonny

Jan 1, 2019
I don’t get it people who are not patrons constantly complain about how slow he is and other developers release updates faster, yet none of 2d games release smaller update per month than he does in a year and the ones release larger update takes nearly as long as DC. It’s almost like games that use 2d art rather then CG take longer to update.
BUT MY 3D INCEST GARBO GAME THATS BASICALLY JUST STACKED STILL IMAGES OF PREMADE MODELS WITH SIMPLISTIC STORY COMES OUT EVERY WEEK AND HE GETS A LOT OF MONEY SO ISSA SCAM

Jul 28, 2017
Looks at picarto channel. oh good 2 streams this week. 1 of the inside of the trump mansion, which will be used maybe in 1 scene, maybe not, maybe just maybe down the road for something, and oh look, the movie dude, used for the movie theatre, a thing that really at this stage has zero value in the game. oh look we're at 67% completed. a full 1%.

So clearly no offline content done, even though he said Im sick (again /cough bs /cough) so Ill do some offline stuff.

so 48k per month = 10 grand per week = zero effective direction and effort. High five everyone!

I mean who would want to go to work as an artist and get paid terribly to do animation or work in the PC industry when you can sit at home, be your own boss, put in a good 12 months effort and then cruise the next 2 years on 500k.

This man is a genius.

secretsonny

Jan 1, 2019
Looks at picarto channel. oh good 2 streams this week. 1 of the inside of the trump mansion, which will be used maybe in 1 scene, maybe not, maybe just maybe down the road for something, and oh look, the movie dude, used for the movie theatre, a thing that really at this stage has zero value in the game. oh look we're at 67% completed. a full 1%.

So clearly no offline content done, even though he said Im sick (again /cough bs /cough) so Ill do some offline stuff.

so 48k per month = 10 grand per week = zero effective direction and effort. High five everyone!

I mean who would want to go to work as an artist and get paid terribly to do animation or work in the PC industry when you can sit at home, be your own boss, put in a good 12 months effort and then cruise the next 2 years on 500k.

This man is a genius.
"There was no offline work done because I didn't see it"

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Honestly, why should he work faster or more only because of some guys (who most likely do not even pledge) are complaining?

It has been made clear that he tried to hire artists and it did not work out, so he does it all alone. He *did* hire other staff members, though. If he gets paid a million per month he still cannot draw better/faster as a single person. It's not his fault that people like his game so much already that they drown him in money.

So, he has a life (I am not sure about the majority here), and that's how it is. If he now magically worked faster, from what I read here many people will complain about the new drawings anyway. I really don't get the point of the discussion.

Aquatic

Aug 7, 2018
Just saw the updated Eve art.

I'm really mixed. The old style really had something special about it and I liked the personality it was able to convey. Also, I liked her face being more round compared to many of the other girls.

The new style is at least passable, so it's not a total loss.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes