DarkDreamz

Aug 23, 2018
I can't believe it, you guys finally made me give up playing what once was a magnificent game! Having to restart a new game everytime you come up with a new update has finally beaten me down and I'm calling it quits. Fuck this retarded shit!
I'm half a step behind you, think I'll wait till the new 'Save compatible' version is done, Assuming I even remember the game in 2021/2. Unless by some miracle He (DC) actually grows a pair and suspends the next updates, to do it now, but suffice to say I won't be holding my breath.... :) for now I'll finish this update and then tuck it away in my 'Waiting for Updates' folder.

Reactions: Antonisimo

Avenjq

Jan 29, 2018
"Added a toggle for save locking (if you really want to load an earlier save file)
- This is on by default, which means it will prevent you from loading an earlier save
- This has no menu option (that is intentional)
- To disable savegame locking, set persistent.enable_save_locking to False "

Fucking WHY ? Who asked for this ? ... it really seems like they want to kill their game.

Reactions: Paprika
U

User_538014

I did the change in notepad++ for console activation but it still wont work for me, anyone knows whats up?

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
"Added a toggle for save locking (if you really want to load an earlier save file)
- This is on by default, which means it will prevent you from loading an earlier save
- This has no menu option (that is intentional)
- To disable savegame locking, set persistent.enable_save_locking to False "

Fucking WHY ? Who asked for this ? ... it really seems like they want to kill their game.
look at the money they are making each month, you really think they care if a few hundred ppl stop playing ?

but if you use console commands and write set persistent.enable_save_locking to False " you can load old saves again without problems ?

well it does not matter, they have somehow disabled the console, the standard way to get console to work,
init -1:
python hide:
config.developer = True etc.. etc.. does not activate it and yes it is still true 00console

edit 3

well that is a horrible way of destroying a game....when you have enough money so it no longer have value the customers no longer have any vaule lol

Teaber

Mar 26, 2017
Mmm, all the sex scenes (including the new one, apparently) are already unlocked and available on the cookie jar menu option. Is that a mistake or deliberate?

Aust3r3

Sep 23, 2018
actually you guys should look on walkthrough thread.
btw if you wonder what to do with a strange statue.

Check this out v0.17.5 walkthrough

Reactions: Gandalf78

Vilma

Jul 13, 2017
It's amazing how long they've been working on this and still haven't managed to figure out how not to break saves every update. Also seems to be the only Renpy game that does it every single update. Amazing.

fireball98762

Jun 8, 2017
So, by installing the Dirty_console patch from , I was able to get into the console, and set persistent.enable_save_locking to false, and load my old day-63 save from the previous version. I'll update this post if anything game-breaking happens.

EDIT: Yeah, all kinds of weirdness. Restarting.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well, provide a complete, fitting and working savegame which can be downloaded, so why would one want to load an old save that's explicitly not supported and not just take the one that's there?

@ Belnick:
All that rather simply happened because too many users did stupid stuff. Many used the console a few versions back, causing multiple game breaking bugs if they didn't know which things not to do and then complained. So they disabled the console. People didn't stop using old saves, even though they are explicitly not supported, so now they made it impossible to use them. It's simply there to stop people who have no clue what they are doing from doing stupid things and then complain about it. Especially since the game has its own cheat mode and since they actually provide working saves themselves now.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
To continue experiencing a narrative, maybe.
That's not really an argument in SS at the moment. The narrative of several characters changes with every major update anyway. Their looks, their story, their quests, their scenes. Yes, it's an argument in principle but in this case it would probably the best option to just wait until the game basically is done.

Deleted member 690333

Jun 18, 2018
It's amazing how long they've been working on this and still haven't managed to figure out how not to break saves every update. Also seems to be the only Renpy game that does it every single update. Amazing.
it's not that they break it every update it's just a thing that is until they fix it, and they're holding off fixing it for reasons you can go read the thread if you want to know there's a bunch don't know which are true. PEOPLE READ THE GOD DAMN THREAD that's what it's here for holy hell, this was explained what? 5 pages back if that? it does not take that long 5-10 minutes at most and if you're on here in the first part you have the time

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes