Mod Abandoned Summertime Saga v0.15.3: Incest Mod [v0.3.31] [bas]

CsoiretgeFsM

Mar 21, 2018
All fixed in freshly posted v03.1.2 - thanks guys for the reports!
@bossapplesauce Welp, fucking caught some more:

It's in the scene when you talk to Aunt Diane's at her house when she's standing by her garden (choose the "Talk." option). MC still refers to his mom as "Debbie". Also:

One of the dialogue choices, "Where's Eric's Mom?" when talking to Erik is wrong, including the spelling of Erik's name. It should just say "Where's your mom?" with no words bolded. I made a side by side comparison to the old 14.53 original game version dialogue.

EDIT: I also discovered during the scene where the MC helps his mom out with washing the dishes in the kitchen, the mom calls the MC by his first name/whatever you named him (too formal?/informal? idunno...). Anyway in the original 14.53 ver of the game before the patreon BS, she just called him "sweetie" during that entire scene and doesn't refer to him by his first name/whatever name you give him. Unfortunately I wasn't able to screenshot this because I accidentally speed clicked through it and saved over after the scene was done... my bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Escape and bas

GrampyBone

Sep 30, 2017
found one using the latest mod 3.1.2, this scene happens after you help mom with the vacuuming and then select the option to ask if she needs anymore help around the house when talking to her. By the way thanks so much for making the mod and maintaining it like you have.
ssfix1.png

Reactions: bas and Paprika

CsoiretgeFsM

Mar 21, 2018
found one using the latest mod 3.1.2, this scene happens after you help mom with the vacuuming and then select the option to ask if she needs anymore help around the house when talking to her. By the way thanks so much for making the mod and maintaining it like you have.
View attachment 90495
I'd like to second this by saying, the MC says the same thing every time you ask her about anything else you can help with after every chore scene she has (asking after the lawnmowing chore scene, asking after the vacuuming chore scene, asking after the dishes washing scene, etc.)

Reactions: bas

Mrs Delington

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
Thank you bossapplesauce for your time and your personal investment in these patches. Appreciated.

I have a question not in regard with the patches, but with the screen captures. It is possible to catch a screen capture using the "S" with SS ? I tried many times without success and it is on Ren'Py no ?
In the help menu, it said that we have to use the "S" but nothing works for me.

Someone have a trick or a solution (except using the tool screen capture) ?

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
@bossapplesauce Welp, fucking caught some more:

It's in the scene when you talk to Aunt Diane's at her house when she's standing by her garden (choose the "Talk." option). MC still refers to his mom as "Debbie". Also:

One of the dialogue choices, "Where's Eric's Mom?" when talking to Erik is wrong, including the spelling of Erik's name. It should just say "Where's your mom?" with no words bolded. I made a side by side comparison to the old 14.53 original game version dialogue.
Thanks for reporting - I've added the first one for "Debbie" above, and also corrected the 20 times (literally) that I spelled Erik's name wrong in the next update. Good catch!

As for the "Where's Erik's Mom?" vs "Where's your Mom?" we're gonna have to live with that one; the mod replaces the text by searching for a dialogue string and replacing it every time it occurs in the game. In this example, the string "Where's Mrs. Johnson?" is used in two places; first with MC asking Erik in the scene you reference above (the line we want to change), but then again with the MC asking Anna at the yoga gym (line that would also be changed b/c it's identical). So unless we want the question both times to be "Where's your mom?", we'll have to live with "Where's Erik's Mom?".

Same problem with the sentences where mom just says the player's name - if I replace those for her with "Sweetie?" then every other instance of that same string will also be replaced with "Sweetie?" regardless of who is saying it.

Editorial note: from the looks of Anna, I wouldn't mind knowing where her mom is.... :heartcoveredeyes:

View attachment 90495
Thanks for reporting - fixed in next update!

Spotted a missed sister reference. French classroom, talking to Roxxie after pom poms. Line is:

A girl that lives at the same house as me.

Doesn't seem like a very brotherly description of who she is.
Thanks for reporting - fixed in next update!

hey @bossapplesauce i dl 0.3 yesterday, can i just dl new version without delete something? just overwrite old files?
Yes, just reinstall and it will overwrite everything - I don't change the filename of the mod for this reason :)

Thank you bossapplesauce for your time and your personal investment in these patches. Appreciated.

I have a question not in regard with the patches, but with the screen captures. It is possible to catch a screen capture using the "S" with SS ? I tried many times without success and it is on Ren'Py no ?
In the help menu, it said that we have to use the "S" but nothing works for me.

Someone have a trick or a solution (except using the tool screen capture) ?
That's a new one for me - never heard of it. Would suggest asking on the main SS thread as it's a general game question and that page gets a lot more views than this one.

EDIT: Dug around and found this, they disable it in one of the config files in SS. Assuming because it can fuck with the minigames? I'm re-enabling screenshots in the next version of the mod with "Alt + s" so peeps can more easily screenshot bugs.

Last edited:

Mrs Delington

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
That's a new one for me - never heard of it. Would suggest asking on the main SS thread as it's a general game question and that page gets a lot more views than this one.

EDIT: Dug around and found this, they disable it in one of the config files in SS. Assuming because it can fuck with the minigames? I'm re-enabling screenshots in the next version of the mod with "Alt + s" so peeps can more easily screenshot bugs.
Wow, thanks a lot.

CsoiretgeFsM

Mar 21, 2018
Thanks for reporting - I've added the first one for "Debbie" above, and also corrected the 20 times (literally) that I spelled Erik's name wrong in the next update. Good catch!

As for the "Where's Erik's Mom?" vs "Where's your Mom?" we're gonna have to live with that one; the mod replaces the text by searching for a dialogue string and replacing it every time it occurs in the game. In this example, the string "Where's Mrs. Johnson?" is used in two places; first with MC asking Erik in the scene you reference above (the line we want to change), but then again with the MC asking Anna at the yoga gym (line that would also be changed b/c it's identical). So unless we want the question both times to be "Where's your mom?", we'll have to live with "Where's Erik's Mom?".

Same problem with the sentences where mom just says the player's name - if I replace those for her with "Sweetie?" then every other instance of that same string will also be replaced with "Sweetie?" regardless of who is saying it.
Ah damn... that's a bummer... What about this one I just stumbled upon, it's regarding the very first time you apply lotion on the mom's leg. The chemistry of the dialogue is severely skewed thanks to the censor edit so I've color coded the changes and stuff:

Yellow lines are lines that are actually pretty good edits and don't need to be reverted/dialogue was basically unchanged from the 14.53 uncensored version of the game.
Red lines are the censored lines that need to be changed/undone because they either sound wrong or unnatural.
Green lines are the original dialogue that they should be changed back to because they make more sense and sound like they have better natural chemistry regarding the mc/mom starting to have feelings for each other

(Dialogue starts when you click back to the basement after first time you get her lotion from her drawer and after the mom says "Ow!")

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There a lot more if you choose "Leave." instead of "Help her." regarding the lotion scenes. The MC still refers to her as "Debbie / [w/e name you gave the mom]"

(sorry if this is getting annoying. one of the things I seem to be proficient at is bugtesting... and annoying people with bug reports...)

Last edited:
Reactions: bas and Paprika

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Ah damn... that's a bummer... What about this one I just stumbled upon, it's regarding the very first time you apply lotion on the mom's leg. The chemistry of the dialogue is severely skewed thanks to the censor edit so I've color coded the changes and stuff:

Yellow lines are lines that are actually pretty good edits and don't need to be reverted/dialogue was basically unchanged from the 14.53 uncensored version of the game.
Red lines are the censored lines that need to be changed/undone because they either sound wrong or unnatural.
Green lines are the original dialogue that they should be changed back to because they make more sense and sound like they have better natural chemistry regarding the mc/mom starting to have feelings for each other

(Dialogue starts when you click back to the basement after first time you get her lotion from her drawer and after the mom says "Ow!")

There a lot more if you choose "Leave." instead of "Help her." regarding the lotion scenes. The MC still refers to her as "Debbie / [w/e name you gave the mom]"

(sorry if this is getting annoying. one of the things I seem to be proficient at is bugtesting... and annoying people with bug reports...)
You're not annoying me at all. In fact, you're doing what I haven't had time to do at all; feedback based on actual playthrough. Keep 'em coming!

Several of the short phrases in this scene are used again in other contexts and/or by other characters, so I can't replace them in just this scene. I've attempted an Incest Mod Dialogue Continuity Merge (IMDCM™) and it will be included in the next update. And I fixed the "Leave" options you mentioned as well. Thanks!

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
keep up the good work boss and thanks for taking the time in doing this mod:firstimekiss:

Reactions: aweriel and bas

CsoiretgeFsM

Mar 21, 2018
Several of the short phrases in this scene are used again in other contexts and/or by other characters, so I can't replace them in just this scene.
Ah damn... Coding restrictions again. This patreon thing really screwed up the flow of the game something bad... Oh well, thanks for doing so much work on this. I'll try to playthrough and spot as much as I can report.

Speaking of:
Mom bugs:
- Another "Debbie" bug during the scene where you creampie the sister for the very first time during her camshow with the MC (the one where you break free of the handcuffs and bang her hard). She says "Don't spend too much time with 'Debbie'" instead of "Don't spend too mcuh time with Mom."
- One during the very first time you ask her about "kissing" in the kitchen area. Some of her dialogue still refer's to the MC by name instead of sweetheart or sweetie. (Not sure if this is like the other unchangeable variables you mentioned...)
- Also I'm not sure if this is a bug caused by the incest patch or if it's an actual bug from the raw, censored, 15.3 version of the game itself... but when I finally unlock the option to shower with the mom ("You can now shower with mom" achievement or something on screen), I actually can't shower with her because the option does not show up anywhere at all. And the option is usually found when she's either in the kitchen or in the basement doing laundry back in the original uncensored 14.52 version of the game...

Sister bugs:
- One with the Sister when you can finally "beg." a second time when you walk in on her in the shower (probably also applies to when you can finally actually bang her in the shower). MC refer's to her as "Yes, Jenny / [insert name here]." instead of "Yes sis.". (Not sure if this can be edited either or just like the others, it's locked to her name due to other scenes reusing the dialogue shortcut but I thought I'd try and report it anyway.)

Last edited:

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
"Top"-? Are you on Linux?

And FYI - the SS development team has posted with every release "old saves don't work", specifically citing "don't try to use your 0.15.2 saves with 0.15.3" and the same for 0.15.1.

Dusting off the shitty-ist PC I have and will test & report back.

UPDATE: TLDR - don't use old saves and it works fine
Yes, and Roger That. :D I'll test on a totally fresh start and see how it goes. I'll be one happy clam if that's all it takes to fix it. :D

Thanks again for all your hard work!

ete77

Mar 23, 2018
@CsoiretgeFsM
bossapplesauce makes no bugs. He/Shes a Modder and have only a view over the old translation with incestcontent.

Btw i found anotherone... :)

CsoiretgeFsM

Mar 21, 2018
@CsoiretgeFsM
bossapplesauce makes no bugs. He/Shes a Modder and have only a view over the old translation with incestcontent.
[sarcasm]Right, because modding something has never caused any unforseen glitches or anomalies.[/sarcasm]

I respect and love bossapplesauce too, but I'll wait for his word over yours since he codes and you don't.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
@CsoiretgeFsM

Corrected in the next update! Thank you!

Ah damn... Coding restrictions again. This patreon thing really screwed up the flow of the game something bad... Oh well, thanks for doing so much work on this. I'll try to playthrough and spot as much as I can report.

Speaking of:
Mom bugs:
- Another "Debbie" bug during the scene where you creampie the sister for the very first time during her camshow with the MC (the one where you break free of the handcuffs and bang her hard). She says "Don't spend too much time with 'Debbie'" instead of "Don't spend too mcuh time with Mom."
- One during the very first time you ask her about "kissing" in the kitchen area. Some of her dialogue still refer's to the MC by name instead of sweetheart or sweetie. (Not sure if this is like the other unchangeable variables you mentioned...)
- Also I'm not sure if this is a bug caused by the incest patch or if it's an actual bug from the raw, censored, 15.3 version of the game itself... but when I finally unlock the option to shower with the mom ("You can now shower with mom" achievement or something on screen), I actually can't shower with her because the option does not show up anywhere at all. And the option is usually found when she's either in the kitchen or in the basement doing laundry back in the original uncensored 14.52 version of the game...

Sister bugs:
- One with the Sister when you can finally "beg." a second time when you walk in on her in the shower (probably also applies to when you can finally actually bang her in the shower). MC refer's to her as "Yes, Jenny / [insert name here]." instead of "Yes sis.". (Not sure if this can be edited either or just like the others, it's locked to her name due to other scenes reusing the dialogue shortcut but I thought I'd try and report it anyway.)
ROFL - I thought "I'm sure I already got that first one after the Sis creampie..." and here's why I was wrong:

Goddamnit_DC_SummertimeSaga-0.15.3.png

Notice the *tiny* differences? :) I got them all now for the next update.

The MC name only lines I can't change, unless you want everyone else in the game referring to the MC as "Sweetie" :)

Shower issue has been reported by other players, and there's nothing in my mod that would break it. Pretty sure this a game bug.

And I did fix the "Yes, Sis" in the next update. Thanks!

@CsoiretgeFsM

Added to the next update - thanks for the report!

[sarcasm]Right, because modding something has never caused any unforseen glitches or anomalies.[/sarcasm]

I respect and love bossapplesauce too, but I'll wait for his word over yours since he codes and you don't.
I break shit *constantly* - it's the only way to learn how to fix things. :) Just please remember that we're all friends here and let's not let a single comment turn into an argument, ok? It distracts from our goal of, well, being perverts. :)

Last edited:

llyama

Sep 23, 2017
I was most of the way through my own translation before I spotted this but I decided to finish it anyway.

This is my own translation from scratch, doesn't use any python scripts it's done with Ren'Py translation capability.

I tried to keep the tone the same as v14 with the MC and mom relationship, specifically with the mom instigating a lot of things instead of the MC. Saying that though it does still have some of the same restrictions as bossapplesauce's translation where there a handful of phrases that are used a lot and there's no univeral translation that works... things like "Hehe..." and "Yeah" but I've tried to re-word the lines before to make it still flow right.

Saves shouldn't be an issue at all and to remove it just delete the game/tl/ folder from the patch.

jpostel

Jul 4, 2017
I got a weird one during a from scratch complete playthrough. Not sure if it is 15.3 or your patch, but after I complete the science teacher quests (the serum is the last?), it seems to roll a bunch of stuff back to the beginning of the game including Mom being becoming Debbie again. When I go down to breakfast the next day, it prompts me to name her.