Mod Abandoned Summertime Saga v0.15.3: Incest Mod [v0.3.31] [bas]

Keitaro420

Apr 17, 2018
BUG :FeelsBadMan:
Code:
"My subscribers are expecting more cam shows this week." : "My subscribers won't pay to see a huge cock that won't get hard, and you've gotta be able to shoot as much cum as you did today {B}every time{/b}."
{B}every time{/b}. > {b}every time{/b}.

:FeelsGoodMan: This cause bug in the end of the Sister-Brother cam show, but everything else is great :heartcoveredeyes:

Reactions: bas

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Ask a certain robot who shall not be named to find out if it is part of base game omg.

CsoiretgeFsM

Mar 21, 2018
My bad - I do that for testing and forgot to take it out. I will remove in the next update. But you can also turn this off on the game's "Settings" screen with one click - no 1337 h4x0r'ing required.
@CsoiretgeFsM

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just open the incest_patch.rpy file in a text editor such as notepad++ and add a # in front of the two lines that have "skip_unseen" in them. In-game you can just change the skip text option from "All Text" to "Read-only text". The two lines in the patch file just change it to "All Text" every time you start the game.
Ah fair enough. Thanks boss, Mogame.
Bug - Missed IC text
@bossapplesauce Also seconding these. He still calls her by first name landlord BS.

Noticed something else, after you get the shower scene with mom and it says you can now shower with her, when talking to her again I don't get that prompt, only Help Mom around the house, Apply Lotion and Practice Kissing. Tried after a couple days as well.
Have you tried catching her showering every other random day? Also, the option to ask her to shower with you only shows up when she's in the basement doing laundry. But if it really isn't showing up for you anywhere then I don't know. Maybe it really is a bug.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
BUG :FeelsBadMan:
Code:
"My subscribers are expecting more cam shows this week." : "My subscribers won't pay to see a huge cock that won't get hard, and you've gotta be able to shoot as much cum as you did today {B}every time{/b}."
{B}every time{/b}. > {b}every time{/b}.

:FeelsGoodMan: This cause bug in the end of the Sister-Brother cam show, but everything else is great :heartcoveredeyes:
Yep, already have that one fixed in the new version, which I just posted.

v0.3.1 of the Mod is now in the OP
with all the reported bugs fixed (thanks guys!), visual tweaks - please let me know if this helps, and disabled the default of unseen text skipping.

Keitaro420

Apr 17, 2018
When player is caught masturbating in mom's bed, He exclaims: {b}[deb_name]{/b}!! instead of: "{b}Mom{/b}!!"
Aunt and other NPC use "{b}[deb_name]{/b}!" but only Player_Name use "{b}[deb_name]{/b}!!"

so i just add the line:
Code:
"{b}[deb_name]{/b}!!" : "{b}Mom{/b}!!"
I know it can cause problems with the rest of the replacements ... but I'll see what happens xD

L☹VE

Devil May Cry
Donor
Nov 21, 2017
Yep, already have that one fixed in the new version, which I just posted.

v0.3.1 of the Mod is now in the OP
with all the reported bugs fixed (thanks guys!), visual tweaks - please let me know if this helps, and disabled the default of unseen text skipping.
sooooo i finaly can play the game?) thanks man)

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
When player is caught masturbating in mom's bed, He exclaims: {b}[deb_name]{/b}!! instead of: "{b}Mom{/b}!!"
Aunt and other NPC use "{b}[deb_name]{/b}!" but only Player_Name use "{b}[deb_name]{/b}!!"

so i just add the line:
Code:
"{b}[deb_name]{/b}!!" : "{b}Mom{/b}!!"
I know it can cause problems with the rest of the replacements ... but I'll see what happens XD
I hate those so much. *sigh* I just added that one and reposted since I'm sitting here already. Thank you for reporting!

CsoiretgeFsM

Mar 21, 2018
I hate those so much. *sigh* I just added that one and reposted since I'm sitting here already. Thank you for reporting!
Hope I still caught you on time boss, but I found another little dialogue bug:

The mom still refer's to her sister as "Diane" when talking to MC instead of "Aunt Diane".

I still have the 14.2 version of the game with original incest dialogue installed and I play both that and the patreon BS version simultaneously to proofread any censorfuckership they might have done.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Hope I still caught you on time boss, but I found another little dialogue bug:
The mom still refer's to her sister as "Diane" when talking to MC instead of "Aunt Diane".

I still have the 14.2 version of the game with original incest dialogue installed and I play both that and the patreon BS version simultaneously to proofread any censorfuckership they might have done.
No, I wandered off, but I've fixed for including in the next update. Thanks!

poodles

Aug 7, 2017
For some reason the patch isn't working for me on Mac. I put the whole folder (after unzipping) into the "game" folder. Should I be doing something differently?

The splash screen isn't changing for me.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
For some reason the patch isn't working for me on Mac. I put the whole folder (after unzipping) into the "game" folder. Should I be doing something differently?

The splash screen isn't changing for me.
Take a look at this and let me know if it helps:

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
I'm not seeing a significant difference in terms of CPU and memory usage between the patched and un-modded versions of the game. I did notice that the initial game launch after applying took a while due to the rpy compiling, so I included the rpyc in the patch zip.

The only other way to reduce the resource load is to overwrite the actual game files, which you don't want to do for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is every time the push a bug update, I have to rewrite this fucker from scratch.

EDIT: Full disclosure: It's also possible that an actual coder who knows what they're doing would have a better way, but I'm not that guy.
What's happening is that the game regularly spikes to over 100% CPU usage on my machine (I know... but it's looking at "top" on a quad core, hyperthreaded i7-965EE 3.2gHz machine with 12GB RAM and a 3GB Radeon 7970 GPU)... it'll sit at around 116% for several seconds, during which the game runs very slow/laggy... and if you don't touch anything for like 10 seconds it will go back down to around idle and things will be OK again sometimes for a few screens, sometimes as soon as you load more dialog.

Maybe if I had a more powerful CPU (this one, despite still being powerful, is actually around 10 years old. It was the top end when I bought it) the load wouldn't go high enough to cause it to freeze like that for several seconds and you wouldn't notice the load?

Does it really not show ANY load like that for you? Or just not enough for you to notice?

I've played it without the patch and there was nothing at all. Just smooth sailing. Let me try it again now... Well, I played up through the school and talking to Smith and June etc... and didn't see any load issue on either, but it was definitely there earlier when I played my saved game.

Maybe I'll start another fresh game (I was playing my 0.15.1 saves on 0.15.3) and see what happens. But not tonight. ;) Have to be up early tomorrow.

I saw the load spike once to around 75% on both copies (just after entering the school)... otherwise it stayed mostly around 13 to 22% with a few spikes up to around 38 or 40.

EDIT: Also tried the image cache size trick, and the framerate (had already tried that before) and neither change the problem on my saved games. Immediately ran into the problem again. I'll try a fresh start from 0.15.3 when I have time and see what happens.

Last edited:

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
What's happening is that the game regularly spikes to over 100% CPU usage on my machine (I know... but it's looking at "top" on a quad core, hyperthreaded i7-965EE 3.2gHz machine with 12GB RAM and a 3GB Radeon 7970 GPU)... it'll sit at around 116% for several seconds, during which the game runs very slow/laggy... and if you don't touch anything for like 10 seconds it will go back down to around idle and things will be OK again sometimes for a few screens, sometimes as soon as you load more dialog.

Maybe if I had a more powerful CPU (this one, despite still being powerful, is actually around 10 years old. It was the top end when I bought it) the load wouldn't go high enough to cause it to freeze like that for several seconds and you wouldn't notice the load?

Does it really not show ANY load like that for you? Or just not enough for you to notice?

I've played it without the patch and there was nothing at all. Just smooth sailing. Let me try it again now... Well, I played up through the school and talking to Smith and June etc... and didn't see any load issue on either, but it was definitely there earlier when I played my saved game.

Maybe I'll start another fresh game (I was playing my 0.15.1 saves on 0.15.3) and see what happens. But not tonight. ;) Have to be up early tomorrow.

I saw the load spike once to around 75% on both copies (just after entering the school)... otherwise it stayed mostly around 13 to 22% with a few spikes up to around 38 or 40.

EDIT: Also tried the image cache size trick, and the framerate (had already tried that before) and neither change the problem on my saved games. Immediately ran into the problem again. I'll try a fresh start from 0.15.3 when I have time and see what happens.
"Top"-? Are you on Linux?

And FYI - the SS development team has posted with every release "old saves don't work", specifically citing "don't try to use your 0.15.2 saves with 0.15.3" and the same for 0.15.1.

Dusting off the shitty-ist PC I have and will test & report back.

UPDATE: TLDR - don't use old saves and it works fine

Last edited:
Reactions: phreadom and Retro

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Reading the documentation, image_cache_size is a multiplier to screen size so it may end up eating too much memory at high resolutions. I think 64 is too high. And FPS seems to only apply in software rendering mode.
I worried about that too, but after doing the math and testing, it's not hurting anything.

I tested v0.15.3 with the IC patch v0.3.1.1 - which includes those two settings - with My Shitty Old StinkPad™ T60 as detailed above and it was snappy as could be. Look at the hardware specs on that thing; I was amazed it ran the game but it was a fast and responsive on the T60 as on my main laptop (which is considerably newer/faster).

Summertime Saga screens are all 1024x768, and the default setting for the image cache is 8 which = 8 screens. 4 bytes a pixel at 1024x768 which is 3MB per screen = default of 24MB of RAM for caching. I'm increasing that setting to 64 which gives 192MB, and that's the increase that I'm seeing in the Peak Working Set before vs after in both Windowed or Fullscreen mode via task manager.

EDIT - Sorry got distracted and hit save too soon. I'll play around with it on something like Dreams of Desire with 1080p renders, but I honestly don't think it's hurting, and may in fact be helping slower systems. Appreciate your input! :)

Last edited:

Fusidrive

Feb 24, 2018
I worried about that too, but after doing the math and testing, it's not hurting anything.

I tested v0.15.3 with the IC patch v0.3.1.1 - which includes those two settings - with My Shitty Old StinkPad™ T60 as detailed above and it was snappy as could be. Look at the hardware specs on that thing; I was amazed it ran the game but it was a fast and responsive on the T60 as on my main laptop (which is considerably newer/faster).

Summertime Saga screens are all 1024x768, and the default setting for the image cache is 8 which = 8 screens. 4 bytes a pixel at 1024x768 which is 3MB per screen = default of 24MB of RAM for caching. I'm increasing that setting to 64 which gives 192MB, and that's the increase that I'm seeing in the Peak Working Set before vs after in both Windowed or Fullscreen mode via task manager.

EDIT - Sorry got distracted and hit save too soon. I'll play around with it on something like Dreams of Desire with 1080p renders, but I honestly don't think it's hurting, and may in fact be helping slower systems. Appreciate your input! :)
Hi wld just like to know one thing.
If I patch my 15.3 base game with the current incest patch and u bring out a new update tomorrow will updating to the new patch cos issues with save files?
I haven't started v15 yet. Want to make sure I am not starting over every time an update comes.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Hi wld just like to know one thing.
If I patch my 15.3 base game with the current incest patch and u bring out a new update tomorrow will updating to the new patch cos issues with save files?
I haven't started v15 yet. Want to make sure I am not starting over every time an update comes.
No, you won't have an issue with my mod. But you will almost certainly have to start over *if* they come out with 0.15.4 or whatever the next bugfix will be and you want to play it.

I posted a detailed explanation about why v0.2 was fucking up saves, but my mod shouldn't do that from v.03 on unless they completely redo their FSM code-base. Google that if you want some fun reading :)

ete77

Mar 23, 2018
Sorry i posted that today and not yesterday. It was in the old version 0.3. and now in the newest 0.3.1.1

Edit another one:

Last edited:

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Hi,
Thx for your work.
I have an error.
regards Overlord
Sorry i posted that today and not yesterday. It was in the old version 0.3. and now in the newest 0.3.1.1

Edit another one:

All reported issues fixed in freshly posted v0.3.1.2 - thanks guys for the reports!

Last edited: