Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Hmm...I was just trolling a bit. I don't care about this debate. I care about how the censoring affects the narrative and the characters. Don't much give a damn about nudity or whatever. It does piss me off when people here reduce my complaints to lack of tits and asses.
I agree with you 100%. Relationships censoring annoys me more than covering some tits, for example, as it changes the nature of the drama..

But it i what it is... damn it!

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
Hmm...I was just trolling a bit. I don't care about this debate. I care about how the censoring affects the narrative and the characters. Don't much give a damn about nudity or whatever. It does piss me off when people here reduce my complaints to lack of tits and asses.
what is worse censoring aspects of the narrative or being forced to interact with a character you dont like? for me its being force to interact with bella.

• Haha
Reactions: Metal Panic

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I don't think the purpose of the first-person POV is to make players necessarily believe they are the MC (I certainly don't, I always play with Nika's name).

It is used in SG when NPCs converse with Nika and enables a more direct connection between the player and those NPCs, specifically through direct eye contact.

I can't speak for Ocean's intentions, but that certainly is the effect (and I say this from the perspective of a trained photographer, having learnt the importance of the eyes in people photographs)
I get what you're saying, I just didn't notice my bias in the way I read. For me I'm thinking more like first person vs third in like an action RPG. If I can look at my own hands, it feels first person, if I am external for any part, the whole thing feels third. I didn't realise I'd subconsciously done that, although it did help in this instance, so some good came of it regards the hospital scene at least.

Reactions: John972

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
what is worse censoring aspects of the narrative or being forced to interact with a character you dont like? for me its being force to interact with bella.
While I get your frustration, nothing is more important than story and characters for me. Then comes dialogue, gameplay and lastly graphics.

There are 2 characters I deeply hate in the games I play and while it sucks having to deal with them, I can always ctrl skip their content.

Reactions: John972

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I get what you're saying, I just didn't notice my bias in the way I read. For me I'm thinking more like first person vs third in like an action RPG. If I can look at my own hands, it feels first person, if I am external for any part, the whole thing feels third. I didn't realise I'd subconsciously done that, although it did help in this instance, so some good came of it regards the hospital scene at least.
Interestingly, the original SG Ch 1 was exclusively first-person (if I recall correctly), often employing the same annoying (and inaccurate) wide-angle POV used by first person shooters.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

John972

Apr 24, 2018
While I get your frustration, nothing is more important than story and characters for me. Then comes dialogue, gameplay and lastly graphics.

There are 2 characters I deeply hate in the games I play and while it sucks having to deal with them, I can always ctrl skip their content.
I kinda felt that way about WIAB, so many characters I found repulsive. Somehow, I now manage to get through it without the emergency CTRL key (mainly because one of the characters I dislike is the MC) :).

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
I can barely hold a drink, I would be dead within 15 minutes.
Bro, if you keep going like that, you'll have liver poisoning in about 3.7 hours thread time!
As a kryptonian there's no amount of alcohol that may harm me.

Is it a bird, is it an aeroplane?

No, my friend, it's the pisser from Smalltown.

By the way, it's all your fault for playing a game with a lethal end.
I saved all of you by drinking all the booze on earth.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
As a kryptonian there's no amount of alcohol that may harm me.

Is it a bird, is it an aeroplane?

No, my friend, it's the pisser from Smalltown.

By the way, it's all your fault for playing a game with a lethal end.
I saved all of you by drinking all the booze on earth.
Not all hero's wear capes.

Though I guess....in your case you do...

Moving on...

Reactions: BobTheDuck

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
I have been thinking in a relationship between Vanessa and Nika, i think they would match well :unsure:
They have this "scanning" vibe, they are always observing their environment and trying to find weak spots in all the people, Vanessa even think what words say before speak.
I was just looking at old posts and wanted to add. There are indeed many similarities between Nika and Vanessa, not only the scanning vibe. They actually look great together.

Vanessa is one of the few LIs with whom Nika can spend a long time together and during that time they will comfortably share silence.

Also, I'm not sure about this, but I can imagine if during some breakfast Vanessa starts mocking Zara, she'll get reprimands from Nick, but Nika will remain silent. If he has something to say to her, he'll do it when they are alone.

Bella too has this vibe of a girl with whom you can share silence for a long time, but in her case I think it works on special occasions.
Great post. Here's an idea for a script though: a character never suffers any repercussions, but it always falls on the people they care about instead.
Yes. It's basically what I suggested in the Amber and Mila case, but still it has to affect Nika and Bella's relationship, otherwise it doesn't work. How do I put this? ... Nika must be the physical manifestation of Bella's conscience. Without him, her conscience has no connection with the outside world and she will not be able to express her inner conflict. Do you understand what I mean?

Better Call Saul has just the perfect parallel, but that's a major spoiler of the ending. I would like to tell you about it, but I don't know if you have watched the series or are ready to find out the spoiler if you want to watch it or not.

mostwanted8
If you don't mind, I'll reply to you later.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I kinda felt that way about WIAB, so many characters I found repulsive. Somehow, I now manage to get through it without the emergency CTRL key (mainly because one of the characters I dislike is the MC) :).
Katie, Miru and the land whales :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

We won't be laughing about this for long. By the end of S2 all of SG's characters will look like those fatties. Ocean can't help himself.

akzz223

Aug 23, 2023
Summer's Gone [S1 Steam + DLC Update 1] [Oceanlab]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Mac:
- MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD
I'm on mac and and I whenever I open the app it says
While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 284, in script
python:
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.
Any help would be appreciated!

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Katie, Miru and the land whales :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

We won't be laughing about this for long. By the end of S2 all of SG's characters will look like those fatties. Ocean can't help himself.
I'm curious of your definition of normal if you think all the women in WIAB (Bar Miru/Katie) are 'land whales'. Actually feel sorry for any woman in your life if your body standards are that high....

In fact, actually very curious, is there anything about either Vn you actually do like?

Insomnia_z

Mar 6, 2020
I just noticed on my current replay through the game that Sasha's super hot friend (whose name still hasn't been told to us yet) is in the background when you go shopping with Bella for clothes. It never shows her unblurred in any shot, so I never noticed before but you can see her distinct hair style/color/length on one side, the other side is pulled behind her shoulder.

She really is eeeeverywhere haha... I really hope we get to bang know her in this coming chapter!
View attachment 3645624
You know, I can only see two options here
1. She is just a friend or relative to Sasha.
2. She is a Revera.
I have no doubts that she will be an important character, she wasn't in the "old" SG and we have see her quite a lot in the background, she also is the one that finds Nika when he is having a panick attack in some classroom. The question is if she will be a main character or a secondary character. (also hoping she have a LI status)

Reactions: Don Sucio
4.40 star(s) 493 Votes