John972

Apr 24, 2018
Oh no, I still think it's Nika, all his flashbacks are third person - the icecream with Elsa, the dream, everything. The entire game is third person.
True about the flashbacks. The haziness in the hospital flashback could indicate a hazy memory rather than Nika's conscious state at the time.

I have to disagree the entire game is third-person. There are plenty of renders that are directly from Nika's first-person perspective/POV...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
First. the game was here before Steam.

Second, Steam is not the king of game age ratings we must all adhere to. It's rating are just what they considered to be, or taken from more official sites if they happen to have one.

Third, there are other 17+ games also in this website that has no sexual content. My very favorite one, for example. House in Fata Morgana, which is Mature 17+ according to

View attachment 3647049
Hmm...I was just trolling a bit. I don't care about this debate. I care about how the censoring affects the narrative and the characters. Don't much give a damn about nudity or whatever. It does piss me off when people here reduce my complaints to lack of tits and asses.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
True about the flashbacks. The haziness in the hospital flashback could indicate a hazy memory rather than Nika's conscious state at the time.

I have to disagree the entire game is third-person. There are plenty of renders that are directly from Nika's first-person perspective/POV...

Well, When I mean is the perspective is always the camera's perspective - I don't feel Nami is staring at me, but at Nika. But your right - I'm always watching it as external third person, even though it isn't always, and you're predisposed to thinking of it in first person. Interesting how we think changes how we perceive the the same renders.

Hmm...I was just trolling a bit. I don't care about this debate. I care about how the censoring affects the narrative and the characters. Don't much give a damn about nudity or whatever. It does piss me off when people here reduce my complaints to lack of tits and asses.
It's just that it's been repeated on the top of this page. I'm certainly not accusing you of complaining about noodz - I'm aware your complaints are actually highly nuanced. But this particular topic has been happening a lot today - this site has non nude tags because adult isn't inherently sexual as far as the mods are concerned.

Also, I take you as being deadly serious at all times :coffee::whistle:

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
what makes SG and adult game then? this game is crappy High School Musical.
According to steam, frequent nudity and naughty swear words abov a certain percentage. According to the internet, nothing is adult unless it makes you regret downloading it. So something between the extremes I guess...

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
Since I have a feeling that no patch will come for the Season 1 release from where it used to come from, I've started doing one. This will take time though, considering how I'm doing it, comparing scripts between Season 1 and the latest patch for Chap 5 Beta so all dialog changes and fixes are incorporated into the new patch. Not to mention new scenes to take care of. Chapter 1 is done, 4 more to go but chapter 1 was quick to do...
Chapter 2 now done...

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
According to steam, frequent nudity and naughty swear words abov a certain percentage. According to the internet, nothing is adult unless it makes you regret downloading it. So something between the extremes I guess...
so the only adult thing about this game is its nudity. then why is Ocean scrubbing the nudity out of it? this is "slow burn" game is a raging burning garbage without its sex appeal.

Reactions: saadniazi

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Well, When I mean is the perspective is always the camera's perspective - I don't feel Nami is staring at me, but at Nika. But your right - I'm always watching it as external third person, even though it isn't always, and you're predisposed to thinking of it in first person. Interesting how we think changes how we perceive the the same renders.
I think it's a neat trick Ocean uses to immerse the player more and create the impression NPCs are interacting with them directly. It is no different to watching a TV program where a character breaks the fourth wall and looks and talks directly at the camera (i.e. the audience), only in this instance, I believe it is a first person perspective rather than wall-breaking.

Most AVNs go exclusively with first- or third-person. Few (that I remember) mix the two.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
so the only adult thing about this game is its nudity. then why is Ocean scrubbing the nudity out of it? this is "slow burn" game is a raging burning garbage without its sex appeal.
To get it below 18+ rated, so he didn't lose the music licenses. After a certain percentage of nudity, or any penis shot, Steam automatically gives an 18+ rating. This discussion has been raging since Ch5 Beta, when the one lewd scene in the jacuzzi got cut. One scene of actual sexual action is enough for 18+. So it is what it is. Look forward to season 2 which is going to be 18+ the whole time, so Ocean doesn't have to censor scenes he was probably happy with.

Sure there is harder stuff on steam, but it's all 18+ and geoblocked. Ocean needed to avoid that.

I think it's a neat trick Ocean uses to immerse the player more and create the impression NPCs are interacting with them directly. It is no different to watching a TV program where a character breaks the fourth wall and looks and talks directly at the camera (i.e. the audience), only in this instance, I believe it is a first person perspective rather than wall-breaking.

Most AVNs go exclusively with first- or third-person. Few (that I remember) mix the two.
Exactly - I'm watching as third person rather than immersing myself - even though I sympathise with Nika, I don't try to see myself in his shoes. Regardless of technique, my mental approach is 'I am not Nika' which means mentally I view it all as third person. Interesting.

Also, today's react ran through my fingers like water, otherwise I'd be smashing the like.

mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
mostwanted8

You keep telling me about Bella's feelings/regrets as if they have some weight in the real world when they actually should not. Like there's some magical bubble around her that protects her. It ricochets all the consequences of her decisions and actions. Other characters like Vanessa, Leia, and someone else are less likeable, so of course this doesn't apply to them. They don't have that magical bubble. Despite the fact that all the characters live in the same world that operates under the same rules.

I'll repeat what I meant earlier. It's cheap, it's artificial. It disrupts the natural order of things in the world of the game. It is perceived as the intervention of beyond force, and I mean the author. The author is always watching. They tell the story and directs it as they see necessary. In good stories, the author's interference is unnoticeable. Unless of course the noticeable interference is justified and done intentionally. But SG is clearly in the wrong genre, it's more for stories from antiquity. What you're talking about isn't good storytelling, but bad writing. I'm telling you this as someone who is actually interested in screenwriting. I have a story that I've been working on for 15 years and writing my own screenplay. You open any book about screenwriting and it will tell you exactly that. A character who commits bad acts but doesn't pay a price for them in the physical world because he has some feelings is terrible writing.

I mentioned Better Call Saul earlier for a reason. Bella/Nika and Jimmy/Kim have a huge amount of parallels. They literally do the same things, often for the same reasons. Jimmy and Kim were likeable and had a lot of feelings and regrets. They did a lot of bad things, sometimes for good reasons, but always faced the consequences. Sometimes the consequences turned in their favour, sometimes they did not. In the end, they paid the price. Was this price justified? Hell no. Not even close. But they live in the real world, just like Bella and Nika. Consequences are not based on morality.

Now, I'm not saying that Bella and Nika should pay the same price that BCS characters paid. But there has to be some price that affects them personally, not Mila. Because if they don't pay a price for their acts, then what does it even matter what they do? Their acts have no real value.

The characters' acts and the consequences they face are what should be the main driving force for the story, not their damn feelings. Their feelings are what provoke their acts. After all, that's particularly important for stories about change, especially those that lead to healing.

If Bella has a bubble that protects her from the consequences of her actions, that bubble must have a physical manifestation. For example, a powerful parent who pulls her out of every mess she gets into. Amber falls under that definition. But do you really think that's what this story really needs? It's a very hypocritical plot turn and completely contradicts Bella's theme of healing.

However, it can work if we apply Mila. Amber pulls Bella out of the situation, but Mila gets hit. Bella doesn't care and this leads to a big conflict with Nika. And I mean real conflict with significant consequences in their relationship. This will be especially useful if Nika is on her path.

I don't see it yet. But if it happens it will be good.
You keep saying that Bella needs to face consequences for her actions. Tell me, what are the horrible things she’s done? Let’s start with the bullying. It wasn’t nice but I’ve seen much worse cases of bullying that would certainly deserve harsher consequences than what she faced. I repeat, she has been reproached by Nika and the people around her and has suffered enough for it to see the error in her ways. She’s still justly considered a bad person in Wollust, an important plot point in the future, trying to prove people wrong despite the past. All of this is a good way to show that she has a conscience and isn’t a bad person at heart and it’s good storytelling, what other consequences do you want on that side?
Let’s move on from the bullying and delve further. You talk about rules of fiction but you vastly overestimate Bella’s badness in doing so. She isn’t some villain who deserves to be hit extremely hard by the plot, but she is a rash person and will suffer because of that. There’s no “magic bubble” that protects her as opposed to what you say, as seen with the intervention of Ceril’s sister and the appearance of her rival. She’s bound to face a lot of danger in the future at the hands of the enemies she herself has created. The biggest enemy of Bella is Bella herself as seen with the heist and illegal racing and who knows what else she’ll do in the future. She will pay the price for her actions.

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
To get it below 18+ rated, so he didn't lose the music licenses. After a certain percentage of nudity, or any penis shot, Steam automatically gives an 18+ rating. This discussion has been raging since Ch5 Beta, when the one lewd scene in the jacuzzi got cut. One scene of actual sexual action is enough for 18+. So it is what it is. Look forward to season 2 which is going to be 18+ the whole time, so Ocean doesn't have to censor scenes he was probably happy with.

Sure there is harder stuff on steam, but it's all 18+ and geoblocked. Ocean needed to avoid that.
i knew all that. im just wondering what else makes this an adult game other then nudity. there are no adult themes that ive seen, and you would think the MC would try to off himself being depressed for 5 years.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
i knew all that. im just wondering what else makes this an adult game other then nudity. there are no adult themes that ive seen, and you would think the MC would try to off himself being depressed for 5 years.
Sexual themes, so the barrel of lube, sex toys, nipple pumps, butt plugs are all things that in standard media wouldn't be shown during day time tv. It's not about how tame or raunchy it is, but how restricted it is by the main stream of society in real terms. A woman breast feeding in public is not 18+, but somehow the frequency of Bella and Nami showing their tits is enough to trigger the rating. Language - certain words such as cunt will push a movie into a higher rating than bitch.

In real terms, I've read novels that 12 year olds can buy from their main stream bookstore that have themes of rape. So the adultness of a thing is really about society's perception of what is currently socially acceptable.

As far as why I wouldn't let younglings read SG? If they lack the skills to absorb the text and follow the story, it's above their level. It's no literary masterpiece, but the concepts in SG require more life experience to sympathise with than a lot of younglings have.

As far as the site goes, who knows? If handholding is considered a fetish, it's likely blueballing is one too, even if there are no tags. :sneaky:

I just play the SG and enjoy it for what it is, knowing it's finally moving forward. I'm far more interested in the content than if it's adult or otherwise. More content, at a faster rate would be even better.

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
She will pay the price for her actions.
Just like when the MC took her samwich away like a ninja. That was payback for her trolling Nami about the school uniform. Even tho Nami doesn't know anything about it lol.

Bella is now linked to the MC. If something happens to Bella, best believe Nika will be there to help her out.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Exactly - I'm watching as third person rather than immersing myself - even though I sympathise with Nika, I don't try to see myself in his shoes. Regardless of technique, my mental approach is 'I am not Nika' which means mentally I view it all as third person. Interesting.

Also, today's react ran through my fingers like water, otherwise I'd be smashing the like.
I don't think the purpose of the first-person POV is to make players necessarily believe they are the MC (I certainly don't, I always play with Nika's name).

It is used in SG when NPCs converse with Nika and enables a more direct connection between the player and those NPCs, specifically through direct eye contact.

I can't speak for Ocean's intentions, but that certainly is the effect (and I say this from the perspective of a trained photographer, having learnt the importance of the eyes in people photographs)

Reactions: BobTheDuck

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I agree with you 100%. Relationships censoring annoys me more than covering some tits, for example, as it changes the nature of the drama..

But it i what it is... damn it!

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
what is worse censoring aspects of the narrative or being forced to interact with a character you dont like? for me its being force to interact with bella.

• Haha
Reactions: Metal Panic
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes