Winterstale

Oct 3, 2018
I'm out of reactions, so I'll reply - I get you on all that. I am still curious enough to find out what happenes and plan on being around for a while, so if there's progression, I can keep my eyes open while doing other things in the mean time. WiaB's next release will probably show how Ocean does the commercial 18+ thing, that's kinda more my cup of tea at the moment even if I enjoy this.

I wish you only grea games that meet your expectations, because they are few and far between ...and worth finding :coffee::cool:

In Old pre-rework WiaB, Miru is ...hideous. As in, hideous enough that most AVN players wanted fewer sex scenes because of her. Most wer happy old Miru was the focus of most of the NTR, even the NTR haters thought it was okay, because she was that hideous.

...okay I'm exaggerating. But she was bad. Katie was unique, and was so antagonistic an suspicious, but so loveable. I wanted to win her trust. Leia was just goth mommy vibes (despite not being a mommy) with a great scene right at the end before the rework, but Katie was the person you spent most of your time trying to romance. At least, that's my reasons.
Hm... even though I'm not exactly thrilled about playing the older version, maybe I should give it a shot...

She is the same model as Bella. It always comes down to Bella :KEK:
Wait, wait, wait... THE Bella from SG?? Seriously? :WutFace:... seems like it might be time for a fresh pair of glasses...

Reactions: BobTheDuck

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Hm... even though I'm not exactly thrilled about playing the older version, maybe I should give it a shot...

Wait, wait, wait... THE Bella from SG?? Seriously? :WutFace:... seems like it might be time for a fresh pair of glasses...
At least you'll know why reworks can be necessary, even if they are also evil. Old Miru should never have existed.

In serious talk, it's worth getting an idea of so you know what direction it all started from. But i'd only bother when you're bored, as it's more a curiosity now. A couple more updates, and I think WiaB will be past what it needed to catch up on. It's already got different content from the original, it's not 1:1.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

To be fair... Katie's model was used to make Bella... but yossa is team bella and can't see the reality... (that was a joke, no offense)

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I ve read that steam version is censored and the patreon version is already out.. so are we waiting for patreon version? or whats going on? :D
It's got 2 scenes restored, and the steam version has already been patched (on steam to be the same). Someone clue-ier might be able to upload the 56MB update, but I doubt anyone will do the whole 9GB for just those two scenes to be honest.

The two scenes are the walk with Nami, and Nami at the lake being topless instead of in a bikini.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
It's got 2 scenes restored, and the steam version has already been patched (on steam to be the same). Someone clue-ier might be able to upload the 56MB update, but I doubt anyone will do the whole 9GB for just those two scenes to be honest.

The two scenes are the walk with Nami, and Nami at the lake being topless instead of in a bikini.
Slapping Nami's ass scene - hell yeah, is a must!
Lakeside scene - not sure, she looks even sluttier in that skimpy bikini than topless.

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018

Well, Upload the full wouldn't be a problem. ~10mins to Upload

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
And I am sure you'll stay here with us to tell us the wrongs of Ocean waves ...

View attachment 3630419
There is no point in telling me anything, the fans see everything themselves perfectly well. I now have a new hobby, I cook popcorn for every update and laugh as the defenders are once again trying to justify Ocean’s stupid actions. This is much more exciting than following the plot of the SG, which has been in one place for several years. :ROFLMAO:

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
I can't help but wonder about the overwhelming love for "Katie". Was it cultivated during the early epochs of WiAB, or did I inadvertently overlook her prominence in SG? It appears her presence is rather scarce in SG, thus sparking my curiosity :unsure:
Bob already answered...

Katie is just awesome...even though she is a peripheral character in SG and not a LI, it doesn't matter, it's Katie ;)

Last edited:

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
There is no point in telling me anything, the fans see everything themselves perfectly well. I now have a new hobby, I cook popcorn for every update and laugh as the defenders are once again trying to justify Ocean’s stupid actions. This is much more exciting than following the plot of the SG, which has been in one place for several years. :ROFLMAO:
Dude...this was me 2 years ago. Just let go of the anger and disappointment and accept shit as is. You'll be much happier :)

I mean look at me. 75% of my love for this game has been slowly killed off since ch 3.5 with the reworks and I'm still here, trying my best to stay somewhat positive 'cause I still like bits and pieces of this VN.

Maybe...just maybe it will get better in season 2 :HideThePain:

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
1. The game desperately needs a proof reader who is competent in the English language
This will never not be funny for me considering I got called out by Ocean himself and accused of being a hater when I pointed out that the game's grammar was rough and if he was serious about the Steam release he urgently needed a fluent English speaker to take a serious look at the script.

I wonder wtf do people talk about on his Discord. If even his most staunch defenders recognize this has always been an issue, do they just not point it out?!?!?! So many issues that needed ironing before the big launch and he chose to spend months sanitizing the game and kowtowing to both music license holders and Steam themselves. It's surreal.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
This will never not be funny for me considering I got called out by Ocean himself and accused of being a hater when I pointed out that the game's grammar was rough and if he was serious about the Steam release he urgently needed a fluent English speaker to take a serious look at the script.

I wonder wtf do people talk about on his Discord. If even his most staunch defenders recognize this has always been an issue, do they just not point it out?!?!?! So many issues that needed ironing before the big launch and he chose to spend months sanitizing the game and kowtowing to both music license holders and Steam themselves. It's surreal.
I honestly just go to his discord to look up the spoilers he drops. The conversation there makes me feel like I'm at some teenage disco. They have been reporting them since Ocean made a report channel for bugs and typos, but the solution is getting a native speaker, because intent is more important than direct clear translation. Ideally you'd find people who had the attitutde of each character to paraphrase.

The beta team all seem to be close friends (I guess for trust issues) so I imagine not many native english speakers. I don't know that though.

Now that Season 1 is complete -- how many routes should I be doing to prep for season 2?
My way of playing is to just do the route that feels the more appealing to you, but make a save at each choice. Then you can always go back, should you find out you made the wrong one. There are too many unknowns about what variables get ported over until S2E1 exists, so maybe once the tech boffins see how the porting works we can discover what variables actually matter for the paths.

Last edited:
Reactions: RNasc4444

Naps-On-Dirt

Dec 7, 2023
Funny, I always avoid Bella and am annoyed at all the forced interaction with her. Normally I don't mind the tsundere character but she's written in such a way that I would just not engage with her at all, but the game doesn't give you that choice.

I agree he needs a native speaker. German translates to English fairly well in regards to word order and such, but he makes the same tense mistakes that nearly everyone makes. There are several lines like "Didn't you ever do that thing?" but the proper way to say that is "Haven't you ever done that thing?"

I'm not sure if I've seen a single non-native English speaker get that right in these games, and many of the native speakers do it too.

4.40 star(s) 490 Votes