Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Convincing argument and style of discussion but whatever
Well it's just we're getting waaaay off topic and I ain't gonna write a paper about the gaming market just to have it deleted by an overzealous mod.

But also, much like with Bob's replies, I wasn't really talking about that, it was just an off-hand remark to something you said, so yeah, never mind that...

Speaking of convincing arguments and styles of discussions, I've yet to see someone address some of my complaints and arguments instead of just changing track and steering the conversation somewhere else...

Funny, you guys are bitching about people coming in here just to complain, and you even call them trolls and whatnot, saying that they don't even make any arguments and all that... then when someone does, you guys revert to the "yeah well everyone is different and we all like different things and everything is subjective" bullshit... and you know what? Fine... but then, in that case, leave people alone and let them vent, bitch and moan.

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
Well, if you look over the game, these changes were made so that Patreon and Steam did not get their knickers in a twist, because naked, "minors" , etc.. Problem, they still gleefully fucked Ocean over! Despite the changes made, SG is still not sold everywhere on Steam and Patreon killed his WIAB site for definitely dubious reasons.
MC is the youngest of them with 19 and the rest are in their 20's , so.... what minors are you talking about?
200w.gif
Ocean retouches to summer's gone characters feels like :
4sr9ai.jpg

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Well it's just we're getting waaaay off topic and I ain't gonna write a paper about the gaming market just to have it deleted by an overzealous mod.

But also, much like with Bob's replies, I wasn't really talking about that, it was just an off-hand remark to something you said, so yeah, never mind that...

Speaking of convincing arguments and styles of discussions, I've yet to see someone address some of my complaints and arguments instead of just changing track and steering the conversation somewhere else...

Funny, you guys are bitching about people coming in here just to complain, and you even call them trolls and whatnot, saying that they don't even make any arguments and all that... then when someone does, you guys revert to the "yeah well everyone is different and we all like different things and everything is subjective" bullshit... and you know what? Fine... but then, in that case, leave people alone and let them vent, bitch and moan.
You’re doing the thing you’re accusing me of.

I just wanted to have a discussion with you about the things you stated and at no point considered you a troll (while there are a indeed lot of trolls here).

You’re the one trying to put me in a corner which supposedly magically makes my arguments invalid.

The main-complaints (slow story progression and lewds) get discussed here allllll the fucking time, what are you about?

I saw your very specific complaints about things like the standard renpy ui which I don’t share at all.

I never said they are not valid, how do you expect me to address them? I don’t share you’re views and weighting about that at all but that aren’t the annoying type of rants here anyway.

I mean what do you expect dude?

Isn’t a reaction like: „Ok I see your problems with it, I don’t mind it but tastes are different“ fine? What’s so bad about it?

Or do you really think your arguments are enlightening and objective on a level that everyone reading your stuff should recognize the undeniable truth in your judgement and agree with you about this avn being shit or what?

Nobody called you a troll or dismissed your arguments as entirely not valid so what’s even your problem?

At times I feel like you’re behaving like there would be unlimited amount of flawless avns out there and SG having flaws being a huge exception while they are all flawed imo.

Or your expectations at ocean are somehow just way higher compared to 99% of the other avns devs

Last edited:
Reactions: Penfold Mole

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
True.

As for the current drama or whatever going on, couldn't really care less. I just became kind of burnt out on AVNs in general and now I'm just used to not playing anything. I think I still skulk around on the threads because a part of me wants to go back to the time when I was playing these and it felt like a little escape from reality for a bit. (Or maybe find that next hidden gem that's going to blow up in popularity;))

I hope I can find the time/will to play these again one day but I'm just dealing with my own shit. Feels like I can't justify sitting down for a few hours a week to play when I have a mountain of crap to take care of while every day feels like it just gets worse. It's half-assed I know, but I'm just really stressed out.
I think I have been where you are at.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cheers!! :coffee:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

Funny, you asked a question why Ocean went for 16+ and why the music isn't a valid excuse, I explained what I'd read about why. Seemed pretty much like a direct answer, even if you don't accept it. You wrote that amateurs should be held to a higher standard if they're selling and I directly responded to that. You then continued with whataboutism - why should Ocean get a free pass if other shitty devs don't? And you wrote that you don't believe that a whole bunch of shitty devs add nothing to the market. I replied to those directly.

It seems to me you're pretending you didn't write those things now? Those statements were just throwaway rather than the whole content of your post?

Anyone can read what you've written and the direct replies and make their own connections. I'd dropped it, after you'd said you were being polite, but now you're mentioning me again. Or am I misreading which Bob you're talking about here too?

No one's steering you anywhere, you're changing tack all the time.

I think I have been where you are at.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: I'm out of reacts, but I love this

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
MC is the youngest of them with 19 and the rest are in their 20's , so.... what minors are you talking about?
View attachment 3626598
Ocean retouches to summer's gone characters feels like :
View attachment 3626616
That is exactly what I meant. Ocean aged all characters, because the maniacs at Steam age control have their own view what is a minor or what looks like a minor! So that there is no doubt the characters of SG are adults and college boys/girls, he aged them.

Reactions: Mr_Mister

gropaga

Feb 20, 2023
Whenever I try launching the Mac version, it just says "this application doesn't work"
If i try the compressed version of Mac it gives a python script code error.

Can anyone help? (using apple silicon m chip)
Download PC version from first page, then
1. Go to SummersGone_Season1_Steam-pc\SummersGone_Season1_Steam.app\Contents\MacOS\ and remove file libsteam_api.dylib
2. Go to SummersGone_Season1_Steam-pc\SummersGone_Season1_Steam.app\Contents\Resources\ and create empty folder with name autorun
3. Move two folders (game and renpy) and two files (SummersGone_Season1_Steam.py and SummersGone_Season1_Steam.sh)
from here:
SummersGone_Season1_Steam-pc\
to here:
SummersGone_Season1_Steam-pc\SummersGone_Season1_Steam.app\Contents\Resources\autorun\

MAC version is Done.
Run the game from here SummersGone_Season1_Steam-pc\SummersGone_Season1_Steam.app\Contents\MacOS\SummersGone_Season1_Steam

Last edited:

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
You then continued with whataboutism
fuckin lol... yeah okay buddy :ROFLMAO:

well good talk everyone... I guess...

Anyways, a more important question: is there a place where one could download previous versions? like say, the version when chapter 4 was released? I see the Chapter 5 beta links are still up, but I'd like a previous version.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
fuckin lol... yeah okay buddy :ROFLMAO:

well good talk everyone... I guess...

Anyways, a more important question: is there a place where one could download previous versions? like say, the version when chapter 4 was released? I see the Chapter 5 beta links are still up, but I'd like a previous version.
Yep -

There ya go, there's at least one working file host in each post. Didn't look for 3.5 though :sneaky:

Edit: Sorry you said full, well, it took me about 5 min to search and check for working threads and all I cam up with was a bunch of betas, but there are actual posts with the full, I'll let you go on a treasure hunt - I stopped when I saw this pick of Sasha's booty, and that's a true pirate's treasure :)
Edit: the way the quotes don't link the other quotes, I'm an idiot:

The post with the link's I collected

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
In beta MC and Nami had a talk before his date with Bella where it's revealed he can only get hard if he thinks of Summer. Which is tbh fucking sick considering she was like 12 or 14 when they last saw each other. They also had this talk if you do the Nami romance and go to the lake. Not sure if both of these conversations were removed in the latest rework.
IMO - you are missing a key point of the story.

They were 14 and Summer was Nika's first love.

He lost her (specifics yet to be revealed).

He fixated on his first love and has not let her go, dreaming of her almost every night, and some of those dreams were likely erotic.

Men hold onto lost loves for far more than 5 years; I don't find that sick, just likely tragic.

You say it is sick for a guy to pine for a lost love for 5 years because he was 14 and is now 19.

He is not a pedophile, he is not hoping to molest a 14 year old Summer as a 19 year old man - and yes you did not say this, but I am making my point as these Would be sick.

He is a guy who is still 14 in his dreams and Summers is still 14, and he's still dreaming of her almost every night...

He is not dreaming about Victoria's Secret models or hot MILFs, but of a lost love who he can't let go of.

This is the story - a guy who is still trapped in his past even though 5 years have rolled by.

After a traumatic experience, a young spirit tries to find its way back into life

The whole point of Amber's therapy sessions and of the coming trip to the cabin is for Nika to let go of the trauma of his past so that it is not crippling his ability to move forward with his life.

So, you say it is sick considering she was like 12 or 14 when they last saw each other.

I disagree, for reasons stated above.

This is the basis of the story of healing that Ocean keeps talking about...

MartinKrpan

May 15, 2020
Seriously disappointed that there is no new content (any info what's next, WiAB or SG?), just the rework of the already existing one. And no Nami titties at the lake is also disappointing.

Reactions: Wildehilde

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Yep -

Edit: the way the quotes don't link the other quotes, I'm an idiot:

The post with the link's I collected
Ok thanks, I meant a working non-compressed version, couldn't find any, but it looks like one of the mega links still works... I usually avoid mega, but let's hope it'll let me.

Edit: whew, it did work... so anyone looking for the regular 4.5, the mega link still works (the others are ded)... aright, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobTheDuck

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
And speaking of which, I finally downloaded the damned thing to check it out... and yeah, not impressed so far (I'm at the gym with Bella part, so not done yet).

6 years of development and endless remakes, changes and tweaks to renders, story and dialogues, and the game STILL has typos and it STILL reads like it's badly translated, with a ton of just weird dialogues.

Oh and also, STILL the same basic bitch renpy UI. STILL the same ugly-ass text-box that covers a third of the screen (imagine having some of the best renders in the genre and covering them with that shit), STILL the same vanilla renpy font, with no shadow or outline... STILL the same base renpy choice-button visuals... STILL the same ugly main menu screen with mis-aligned and mis-fitting buttons with jagged edges.

Right now my only question is: What the fuck has Ocean been doing all this time? Even shit-tier AVNs put in the effort to at least customize the UI for fuck's sake... like, this is some very basic stuff, for real... Is this really a product worth defending tooth and nail as if it were one of the best AVNs out there? :WaitWhat:

Well, like I said, not impressed right now... It's really disappointing that he's taken sooo much time to "prepare for a Steam release" and this is what he released.
You are quite invested in telling everyone all that is wrong with Summers gone, spending what most of us would consider valuable time making Many comments about all the things that are wrong with Summers Gone.

Why, you have actually gone so far as to download and start playing this rev - Summers Gone Season 1, After making all your recent previous posts about all the ills of Summers Gone. ;)

So - what do you like about Summers Gone?

Surely you are not staying in a thread only to decry all that you don't like about this story.

I know if I really don't like something, I move on, my time has value.

You have not moved on.

This means that you stayed for a reason.

I've not been shy posting what I enjoy about Summers Gone and I've been specific.

So- what do you like about Summers Gone that keeps you returning to this thread, specifically?

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I delete my game and download new steam version and delete my save files in appdata. I start a new game but game is constantly ending ch4.5 after Name scene. Can someone send their pls persistence file, i dunno how to fix this.
I did not encounter this problem, but I play SG (CH 5 B) on an external HD while I play Steam on my desktop.

Did you delete your Renpy save files for Summers gone?

Did you download CH 5 B and try playing that from the end of your CH 4.5 saves?

Are you playing on PC, MAC or Android?

If you can reply with more information and any traceback log, if available, someone may be able to give you more specific ideas to help than what I provided above.

GL!

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
You are quite invested in telling everyone all that is wrong with Summers gone, spending what most of us would consider valuable time making Many comments about all the things that are wrong with Summers Gone.

Why, you have actually gone so far as to download and start playing this rev - Summers Gone Season 1, After making all your recent previous posts about all the ills of Summers Gone. ;)

So - what do you like about Summers Gone?

Surely you are not staying in a thread only to decry all that you don't like about this story.

I know if I really don't like something, I move on, my time has value.

You have not moved on.

This means that you stayed for a reason.

I've not been shy posting what I enjoy about Summers Gone and I've been specific.

So- what do you like about Summers Gone that keeps you returning to this thread, specifically?

Too bad you didn't pay attention when I answered those exact questions...

https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-s1-steam-dlc-oceanlab.29981/post-13636306

anyways, you feel better now? got it all out of your system? good... moving on...

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Right, but to me the most mind-boggling thing is: Why even try to make S1 16+???
Could this have something to do with the fact that the first season was intended as a prologue focused on relationship building and there was no sex planned there from the beginning? Could it be similar question to why the MC from one game, in the thread of which you participate (let's call him Ed) still hasn't fucked one of the main characters (let's call her Elsa?) :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Seriously disappointed that there is no new content (any info what's next, WiAB or SG?), just the rework of the already existing one. And no Nami titties at the lake is also disappointing.
Nami titties at the lake is going to be re-added, as Ocean was forced to go for the frequent nudity. There might be more uncensoring.

Next I imagine is the WiaB 3.5 plus steam early access for that, then SG S2E1, based on Ocean's habit of (attempted) alternating between the two games.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: minibaer12
4.40 star(s) 492 Votes