xCalon

Mar 15, 2023
People are just tired of Ocean's tantrum I believe, giving some spice than taking it away, of course they can voice whatever they want, on-topic of course. If you look at it, it is sus on top of sus. Why would Dev convert AVN into VN, making it 13+ and it's not like that when the season2 will be 18+, those 13, 14, 15, 16 years old kids will be 18 years old when season 2 ep1 drops. SO, only one thing clicks and that is Ocean is trying to get Money so it the game may benefit longterm as now he will have buncha money to hire (I guess) more people which will lead to faster developments otehr than it doesn't make sense.

If anyone have a better theory do let us know.
This is not at all about people being tired of anything. The point here is that out of the last 15-20 pages so far, there are at most 1-2 page of "negative" comments that can really be taken. There is nothing wrong with legitimate criticism. However, you won't find critical comments that have a particular basis in reality across pages.

Endless and pointless screaming, whining, crying about something that was never in Summer's Gone. Like Ocean a milker, a shit dev, waaaa, waaaa, i want this, i want that, no new content, no sex scenes, etc., etc., etc. For f*cks sake, if someone can't write a fair and credible post, it would be better if they kept the crap to themselves, because no one is interested in that.

The Season 1 target rating was 16+, and it would be very good for everyone to think logically about how that a person would feel if they had previously spent thousands or tens of thousands of dollars/euros on music licenses, and then the owner of the license suddenly announced that sorry, you can no longer use the music in your AVN, and you won't get a cent back? I think in this case Ocean chose the lesser bad thing.

The following seasons target rating is 18+, because the different music contracts. Oh, and there's still the big thing that Summer's Gone is Ocean's AVN, and tell the story the way it he wants to. And as usual, the loudest hysterics against his decisions are those, who didn't support him with a penny before, and who didn't/won't buy the SG S1 when it released.

Last edited:

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Precisely. Chapter updates are typically meant to be the WIP, not the finished product. The season breaks the ambitious size into manageable chunks. Yes, I have games on Steam over 100GB, but no I do not want AVN's that size, with every chapter as a DLC.

Also, to go through the time consuming steam approval for each and every DLC update for a new chapter - imagine this thread every release. Not for the faint of heart. I mean, any dev could try to go tame on the base game and upload DLC that's higher than the rating etc. The fewer times Ocean needs to go through that approval process, the better.
It's interesting that WIAB currently has the 'early release' flair on Steam, suggesting that Ocean will update chapters on both Patreon and Steam at the same time (if my understanding of 'early release' is correct)

Reactions: Schattenlust

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
It's interesting that WIAB currently has the 'early release' flair on Steam, suggesting that Ocean will update chapters on both Patreon and Steam at the same time (if my understanding of 'early release' is correct)
My understanding from the devlogs has been he's releasing it at Ch3.5, earlier simply to provide a way forward and keep it going. Seeing Zoey, Katie and Ayua's mum being mentioned and the way they're mentioned in SG suggests to me he's pretty committed to keeping WiaB and the flagship story-wise. I've always thought of SG as the fallout of what happened, or the resolution maybe? I also liked the mention of Gefritzel on the notice board 'intelligent snake has escaped' - suggesting the snake survived and was brought to Wollust. Those aren't super spoilers, but I thought they were nice touches.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Requested Android port for this game
(with my usual additional game settings like textbox/textsize/named saves etc + Replay/Gallery unlocker)

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod Season 1 (~840MB)
Pixeldrain -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If needed here also the replay/gallery unlocker + settings Mod (~2MB) for PC:
Pixeldrain
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment 3624648 View attachment 3624649 View attachment 3624650
Thanks for this Koga!

Reactions: KoGa3

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
This is why there is so much criticism of slow burn. The games should be fairly short, the average length of a jerk-off session of a "customer."
They were short 5 years ago, when updates came out once a month. Updates with 300-400 renders for 10 minutes of gameplay, opened in 720p window. Objectively speaking, it's much better now. Even if they are released rarely, there are 3-4 hours of gameplay with high-quality visuals. VNs like evolved from PS2 to PS5 in several years.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
This is not at all about people being tired of anything. The point here is that out of the last 15-20 pages so far, there are at most 1-2 page of "negative" comments that can really be taken. There is nothing wrong with legitimate criticism. However, you won't find critical comments that have a particular basis in reality across pages.

Endless and pointless screaming, whining, crying about something that was never in Summer's Gone. Like Ocean a milker, a shit dev, waaaa, waaaa, i want this, i want that, no new content, no sex scenes, etc., etc., etc. For f*cks sake, if someone can't write a fair and credible review, it would be better if they kept the crap to themselves, because no one is interested in that.

The Season 1 target rating was 16+, and it would be very good for everyone to think logically about how that a person would feel if they had previously spent thousands or tens of thousands of dollars/euros on music licenses, and then the owner of the license suddenly announced that sorry, you can no longer use the music in your AVN, and you won't get a cent back? I think in this case Ocean chose the lesser bad thing.

The following seasons target rating is 18+, because the different music ontracts. Oh, and there's still the big thing that Summer's Gone is Ocean's AVN, and tell the story the way it he wants to. And as usual, the loudest hysterics against his decisions are those, who didn't support him with a penny before, and who didn't/won't buy the SG S1 when it released.
umm... Season 1 is now targeting 16+, from the start of SG it was AVN "Adult Visual Novel" which is now "Visual Novel". If music license was issue than why pull out some content and some not? That's not bcz of music. Why still some renders are still of previous models and not new one? It's half assed work. And we'll likely get another Update to season1 to fix those issues (more delaying on season 2 ep1? can't say). When Dev gave audience a taste and than pull out it out of their mouth, people will ramble and show negative response, plus it doesn't lessen the effect that the development cycle is trash and not improving. People will try to shit on other things too than just out of emotions even if they don't mean it. I don't know about others as I'm not aware of every single person's reasoning behind the argument but the only thing I have the problem with is development cycle which is 1chapter per year and it's not improving(we'll see season 2).

It is Ocean's Game and he has the right to whether doom it overtime or make immortal overtime. Audience has right to criticize even if they are never pleased and will never be pleased:p.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
SO, only one thing clicks and that is Ocean is trying to get Money so it the game may benefit longterm as now he will have buncha money to hire (I guess) more people which will lead to faster developments otehr than it doesn't make sense.
If anyone believes that with more money or more people it'll be faster is delusional. Otherwise AAA games would be released in a matter of days by now (they still take 5+ years to make)

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
If anyone believes that with more money or more people it'll be faster is delusional. Otherwise AAA games would be released in a matter of days by now (they still take 5+ years to make)
In days? Nope. But It will cut down few months at least and it won't be 1 chapter per year if Ocean hires more people. no?

alanrock

Jun 2, 2020
Yeah, one chapter per year is all we can get when a Single developer works on two games ... no remedy in sight.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Yeah, one chapter per year is all we can get when a Single developer works on two games ... no remedy in sight.
I will say even tho 1 update a year does sucks for us SG fans especially considering he works on 2 games is still a little impressive to me. Cause there are devs out that work on only 1 game and still only manage 1 per year but I suppose Ocean does have more rendering PC's than some devs so that helps.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
umm... Season 1 is now targeting 16+, from the start of SG it was AVN "Adult Visual Novel" which is now "Visual Novel". If music license was issue than why pull out some content and some not? That's not bcz of music. Why still some renders are still of previous models and not new one? It's half assed work. And we'll likely get another Update to season1 to fix those issues (more delaying on season 2 ep1? can't say). When Dev gave audience a taste and than pull out it out of their mouth, people will ramble and show negative response, plus it doesn't lessen the effect that the development cycle is trash and not improving. People will try to shit on other things too than just out of emotions even if they don't mean it. I don't know about others as I'm not aware of every single person's reasoning behind the argument but the only thing I have the problem with is development cycle which is 1chapter per year and it's not improving(we'll see season 2).

It is Ocean's Game and he has the right to whether doom it overtime or make immortal overtime. Audience has right to criticize even if they are never pleased and will never be pleased:p.
Regarding the cut content, I'm imagining it was to get it below Steam ridiculous limbo line of "frequent" before the cut there was 1.5% or something of partially nude renders once OCean cut the 18+ content. So the selective cutting in my opinion was to simply try to get the amount of content down far enough to get occassional, which would put it in the non geoblocked category. Ocean (presumably, I don't know) cut the things he felt were going against the characters personalities first, and then the token scenes. Wish he'd cut the wiggly though... Pretty sure that Ocean liked a lot of the scenes he ultimately cut and didn't want to cut any of them. It's just pragmatism. He lost the will to fight steam over the 1.5% being occassional.

If it was pushed up to 18+ because of the "frequent" tag, that's when the music licenses could have caused issues. I also think, we're likely to see some of the cut scenes be reworked into S2E1 - I'm sure there will be opportunity for an awkward Nami jacuzzi for example.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
So... is there going to be an uncensored version (the original), or is this how the game is now?

Cause if so, it needs a lot of rewriting. Stuff that was removed with the censoring, is still being referenced in the dialogue even though it didn't happen (after the changes). Looks like they just removed the images but left most the dialogue the same still. So now things are confusing and don't make sense with some conversations.

I mean, I'm glad to see the rework is finally done, but if this is the final version and how the game is going to be going forward, it needs a rewrite now to match the changes. Cause it is kind of a mess right now.

Reactions: SlidingBadger

BigApe

Apr 28, 2022
I'm new to this game. Do I need to download the chapter 5 beta as well or is the first download the full game?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
So... is there going to be an uncensored version (the original), or is this how the game is now?

Cause if so, it needs a lot of rewriting. Stuff that was removed with the censoring, is still being referenced in the dialogue even though it didn't happen (after the changes). Looks like they just removed the images but left most the dialogue the same still. So now things are confusing and don't make sense with some conversations.

I mean, I'm glad to see the rework is finally done, but if this is the final version and how the game is going to be going forward, it needs a rewrite now to match the changes. Cause it is kind of a mess right now.
If you go to Ocean's discord, you can report bugs/inconsistencies. I thought about doing that, and then realised I'm not that motivated today :coffee: :whistle:

I'm new to this game. Do I need to download the chapter 5 beta as well or is the first download the full game?
No, just the full, have fun :)

alanrock

Jun 2, 2020
I will say even tho 1 update a year does sucks for us SG fans especially considering he works on 2 games is still a little impressive to me. Cause there are devs out that work on only 1 game and still only manage 1 per year but I suppose Ocean does have more rendering PC's than some devs so that helps.
He is not lazy, that much I know. But I think he takes on more than he can handle alone.

4.40 star(s) 492 Votes