4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Yeah, Mediafire is another fast one, but there are a few up here that if you don't pay they're ridiculously slow - like 1980s modem speeds.

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
So, been playing a bit into the game thus far and my god Steve and Jane just annoy the everloving fuck out of me.
Also annoyed me that the girls just yoinked MC's phone to have a random private convo without him actually giving any form of consent for his private property.
MC is a complete asshat, and it's hard to get any sort of attachment to either Cassie or Eve as at times they have decent writing and other times shit happens where any suspension of disbelief I have just got utterly annihilated.

Just.. overall a very weird experience thus far, more annoyed than anything else.

EDIT- Well I finished all the available content, followed what I'd do in real life, didn't get any scenes and mainly just kept getting increasingly annoyed by the fluctuating dynamics of each character.
MC is irredeemable even with his turn of heart, Eve isn't that much better and her propensity of aggression and confrontation just doesn't really fit the behaviour of someone having to deal with what she has had to deal with, and Cassie is just outright manipulative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Why Am I Even Here?

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
So, been playing a bit into the game thus far and my god Steve and Jane just annoy the everloving fuck out of me.
Also annoyed me that the girls just yoinked MC's phone to have a random private convo without him actually giving any form of consent for his private property.
MC is a complete asshat, and it's hard to get any sort of attachment to either Cassie or Eve as at times they have decent writing and other times shit happens where any suspension of disbelief I have just got utterly annihilated.

Just.. overall a very weird experience thus far, more annoyed than anything else.

EDIT- Well I finished all the available content, followed what I'd do in real life, didn't get any scenes and mainly just kept getting increasingly annoyed by the fluctuating dynamics of each character.
MC is irredeemable even with his turn of heart, Eve isn't that much better and her propensity of aggression and confrontation just doesn't really fit the behaviour of someone having to deal with what she has had to deal with, and Cassie is just outright manipulative.
that's sort of the beauty of the game. You can play as an asshole, and in return the girls will respond in a similar manner. Or you could try playing as a decent guy, and see what happens. Looks like you missed a lot of content.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Note a lot of those sites take hours to download one that's not even 1GB. For something over the Mega limit, probably days. I finally subscribed to Mega because of that.
No, none of those we mentioned do, PD downloads faster than MEGA, Mediafire about same speeds as MEGA, and Google Drive smokes any of them, and Workupload as said throttle download, but stable and its file limit of 2GB anyway, and the file stays around a decade.

And MEGA is easy to bypass its download limited restrictions anyway, no need to pay, VPN or just change locations.
I think it heavily depends on where you access the service from.
From my area, I never had any issues with mega. I use it through their sync app and I usually download at about 25 m/s. For me that is the fastest out there.

Reactions: Feyd

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
No, none of those we mentioned do, PD downloads faster than MEGA, Mediafire about same speeds as MEGA, and Google Drive smokes any of them, and Workupload as said throttle download, but stable and its file limit of 2GB anyway, and the file stays around a decade.

And MEGA is easy to bypass its download limited restrictions anyway, no need to pay, VPN or just change locations.
No, on this site - though maybe not from this game.

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
that's sort of the beauty of the game. You can play as an asshole, and in return the girls will respond in a similar manner. Or you could try playing as a decent guy, and see what happens. Looks like you missed a lot of content.
Pretty sure I missed all of the content and that was playing as a decent guy, choosing what I would have chosen in real life. The main issue I think is that due to the game putting a TON of weight on what you choose to do, the difference between a neutral response and a loving response is absolute night and day.
Having been someone who's had the same issues as Eve, aswell as having friends who've dealt with the issues, if we had our tormentors all of the sudden go out of their way to be nice, we would absolutely be fucking weirded out. The thing is, the game actually does do this with Kelly (was that her name? I think so) and Eve, but refuses to do so with MC and Eve despite him being much worse in the fact that he basically grew up with her and should know better.

Herein lies my issue with fluctuating dynamics, anyone with half a brain would ease into trying to apologize (as the MC, which is also how I played it, some neutral responses when needed and support when needed) yet the game almost punishes you for it, generally with Cassie scolding the fuck out of you for trying, but if you go full creepy/involved/loving, she comes around way too easy for someone with her kind of trauma compared to how she was with Kelly. And sure, Eve did eventually forgive Kelly but that's because she has a sad fucking life and Eve is more empathic than others, a dynamic that doesn't exist with MC.

It just irked me as while I am good at suspending my disbelief, the mix between MC being a colossal jackass and Eve having the weirdest rollercoaster of a personality just put me off.
And Cassie just gives me the bad vibes. The way she goes about things and behaves just reminds me of some hella manipulative people I've met.

EDIT- Having played through it twice now again to purposely go ham on points (because apparently that's mainly what matters), what also boggled my mind is that a few choices are outright mandatory with absolutely NO chance to get involved otherwise (i.e the Eve love route entirely pending on the apology after breakfast, which initially seemed like he just wanted to apologize for the conversation at breakfast, not their ENTIRE LIFE) and then the love/love route debacle.
I've no qualms with choices being important, but having a few instances where a singular choice either locks out an LI or something worse is a bit egregious. I think the main issue I had with the Eve LI choice is that the MC has NO internal dialogue where he outlines WHAT he wants to apologize for, which makes it such an obfuscated choice. If I had just attempted to remedy a failed familial relationship, and then having an argument with said person, I would let her best friend calm her down instead as the best friend is on better terms by far and then likely try to apologize later.

It's just fucking weird how we, the player, end up lacking information about the choices the MC has available - by the MC himself.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Dev Update #241

V0.6.4 has been available on Subscribe Star for a few days now.

So far you seem to appreciate it. As the evil asshole and psychotic knight paths aren't the most popular, to say the least, I was quite afraid of the feedback I would get. But I received nothing but compliments for both the endings and the reworked content. I'm especially glad about your comments on scene 27, the ending of the psychotic knight path. I poured my heart and soul into that scene and knowing that it had an impact made me happy.

A few weeks ago I talked about the technical difficulties I encountered working on that scene and about the fatigue that I was struggling with. I was thinking about taking a week of vacation after the release but with the Patreon debacle, that ship has sailed.

Back to work. What's next?

Steam

I have a second scene with some real movie images to edit before I can submit it to Steam. Fully reworking that scene will have to wait for a later date, I'm going to simply reshoot the problematic images. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be pretty, but that will do the trick for now. Once it's done, I think I can start the steam process. I'll share with you every step of it. I'll start working this Monday. This is my priority.

V0.6.5

It is well known: the night is dark and full of terrors, and it is coming. I have not yet drawn the story map of the next update, but as the evening falls on Summer City, things are going to get intense.

Here is what I'm sure of :

• There will be one scene reworked. Day 2 Scene 2.
  • There will be two scenes of new content. Scene 28 for the Moronic Hero path, Scene 29 for the main branch. These scenes will be rather large I might have to split each of them into two. We'll see.
I'll probably hit in the 20k words with these three scenes only. I think it will be enough for a release. Let's hope I don't take me 8 months to release it.

The Naughty Captain

No, on this site - though maybe not from this game.
Zero of the ones we mentioned. So, no, none of those have modem speeds.

Well, if the game ever hits Steam, that'll surprise me.
Back to work. What's next?

Steam

I have a second scene with some real movie images to edit before I can submit it to Steam. Fully reworking that scene will have to wait for a later date, I'm going to simply reshoot the problematic images. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be pretty, but that will do the trick for now. Once it's done, I think I can start the steam process. I'll share with you every step of it. I'll start working this Monday. This is my priority.

Last edited:

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
So, pals,

I DID PROMISE A WALKTHROUGH... and now... here you are!! Summer Scent 0.55 walkthrough guide.

50 pages, 15 full paths... it took me a whole week. So enjoy and please don't complain if you run into a few typos.

I just want to add this:

the more paths you play, the more you enjoy the story.

-------------

EDIT: since the Author reworked some scenes in the early days, my walkthrough is OUTDATED and some routes ARE WRONG. I'm working on it, guys. Just wait for a few days.

------------

I just did it! UPDATED TO 0.63 now!!!

enjoy!
So where is it?

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
New to the game and heard there are a lot of paths... Any of them have Eve, Cassie and Kelly all as a mini harem? Maybe just Cassie and Eve as a throuple? Are we forced to only pick one of them?

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
New to the game and heard there are a lot of paths... Any of them have Eve, Cassie and Kelly all as a mini harem? Maybe just Cassie and Eve as a throuple? Are we forced to only pick one of them?
there is a dual love path with Eve and Cassie. But you can't get all 3 girls in one playthrough, there is no harem here.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
You don't need it, it has a lighthouse mode you can enable as much of the WT as you want or use Sancho's mod, you are going to want to use one.
Thanks, I had Sancho's mod but not lighthouse turned on. I will need to replay without Kelly to see where things go differently :)

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
When's the public release Cap?
Not sure there is public, they are at the $1 tier, so that's his version of public I presume.

Starting today, April 3rd, for Sailing Masters, Tide Riders and Sea Artists.
April 10th, for Gunners

I'm sure it will be out in due time :whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: Feyd

Among Us

Nov 29, 2020
I've donated $10.00 on SubScribeStar for the game but never was able to download it, I hate Mega, you have no idea, I was never able to download from them, it really lacks my computer and stops downloading about the end of the file then you have to start from scratch again, so I unsubscribed, so when I download it from here, I won't feel so bad lol :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hey, if you still have the MEGA link in your browsing history or something, could you please share it here?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Summer Scent [v0.6.4] [The Naughty Captain]

NOTE: Please read the changelog carefully, and read it again just to understand it, so you won't say anything about that it ends in the same spot! The "incest patch" is irrelevant now as well, the preferences tab now has a TABOO switch!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 142 Votes