Others Onhold Suite 69 [v0.3.6] [Togepussi & glassBrain]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

Togepussi

Nov 9, 2023
+1 for the bug that spawns you outside a room after finishing a level, had this after talking to the bunny girl on the boat. When a level takes 15 minutes at least and is difficult enough to possibly force multiple attempts, having it crash after success without progress saved is somewhat of a damper on motivation.
However, very promising game overall!
Hey, would you be able to tell us more about what exactly happened in the lead-up to this bug? It sounds a lot like one we've already fixed so we want to make double sure.

Also, for everyone else - 0.3.6 just released - Pepper's 4th scene should now be perfectly fine.

Zuckerfee

Sep 14, 2021
Hey, would you be able to tell us more about what exactly happened in the lead-up to this bug? It sounds a lot like one we've already fixed so we want to make double sure.

Also, for everyone else - 0.3.6 just released - Pepper's 4th scene should now be perfectly fine.
It was a while ago on the previous version so it might as well be fixed, the note I saw in the changelog mentioned a softlock after using the gallery, so I wasn't sure if it applies (it happened to me during story progression after all). I just saw another dude bring it up happening after stage 2 clear and wanted to chime in, I have cleared it without issues after the post.
But while at it, talking to Pepper now does play the new H-scene, but it throws me into the gallery after. Talking to Pepper again will repeat the process and the scene remains marked as locked in the gallery. Not an issue at the moment, but might turn into one down the line.

Europefan69

Aug 20, 2020
My game crashed when I opened the first chest that dropped, probably because it gave me the lifesteal item that I already had maxed out. I personally find vampire survivors games really boring and this one seems really easy to just "afk and win" in but I like the art. May give it another go once it is polished in the future.

Nyanyan

Feb 21, 2018
Game is constantly crashing in the combat portion. The error I got said it was on line 1305, and looked to be an empty text variable, stating that something = "" was the issue. Happens on level up, so I assume, as the user above me does, it has to do with trying to give us an upgrade on a fully upgraded item.

Reactions: jester89G

deadbeatdude

May 24, 2018
"Put on the abadoned tag already" might be the most unhinged insult I've ever read on this site. Definitely pocketing that.

Zering

Jul 5, 2021
To be honest, the gallery is really lacking, but it was convenient to go in and out of the hab, and the art of the whole place is amazing.
Okay, I'll take my words back, you have at least some kind of gallery there, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: Togepussi

Daroka

Aug 16, 2018
sadly got this error:

of Create Event
for object oPlayerLevelUp:

Cannot compare unset variables############################################################################################
gml_Object_oPlayerLevelUp_Create_0 (line 358)
gml_Object_oPlayer_Step_0 (line 29)

and i hot another problem when the game wanted to combine ari&eri i could not take it and the chest font was in the front till the end of the run

Nyanyan

Feb 21, 2018
It's entirely random, as well. First run of the game, it happened a few seconds after the mushroom enemies spawned in the forest, second run I made it a minute or two longer, third time it crashed before the mushrooms. Guess it depends on level speed and how many items you have? Since the more items you have the less likely it is to hit one that maxed out. Do you have a check in the level up code to check for the level of an item and swap the option if it's already maxed?

Like an if() where it checks the max level and if it is maxed, it changes choice X to be a different power up, or, if you have no slots left, removes the choice completely. Thinking about it, it could be the code attempting to give another passive/weapon when you're full up on them.

Could also be that it's the removal of the choice that's the issue, if you do have this sort of code, because it's saying an empty text variable, "", is the issue. Maybe the variable used isn't a text variable, and the "" is breaking it? Maybe you're somehow trying to put a text variable into a numerical variable? No idea, just tossing out ideas.

All I know for sure is that the error told me it was on line 1305. Good luck fixing it.

Also, might want to add a feature that either forces a weapon on the player, gives them a default punch, or a way for enemies to despawn and get replaced by new ones, because I made the stupid decision to get a passive as my first item, forgetting for a moment you have no passive way to deal damage to start with, so I can't kill anything to level up, and no new mobs can spawn. Because of that, I managed to kite them around and now they're all stacked on each other. Kinda funny, but not really good gameplay. xP
1704997657844.png

Nyanyan

Feb 21, 2018
Quick update: Ran through a few runs of the combat game, managed to make it through both maps to the end without a crash multiple times, but I just got hit again, here's the text from the error:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Togepussi

Nov 9, 2023
Quick update: Ran through a few runs of the combat game, managed to make it through both maps to the end without a crash multiple times, but I just got hit again, here's the text from the error:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for all the bug reporting, Nyanyan, we'll figure it out ASAP!♥

Dakeyr

May 14, 2017
Checked what could be cheated with CE, so far it's basically every variable: money, girls hearts, xp while fighting are the only ones I checked. All under double. The level up error happens on level up from 29 to 30 I believe, or at least that's when it happened to me twice in a row

Trapstar102

Jul 1, 2018
Game keeps crashing during combat with shakram maxed out and it's getting annoying. And the repetitiousness of going back and forth for a couple of items to give to the girls and can't select between items is also annoying.

Cute art, but this shit very frustrating to deal with. I'll wait a couple of updates.

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes