Ren'Py SuccuSekai: Surviving in a succubus world [v0.2] [Eltuler0n]

Jul 8, 2022
You don't need images to showcase violence. As a matter of fact, if I was to represent it visually, the violence would be too revolting to make a compelling story.
Or at least that's my opinion, you're entitled to think my choice of images is poor, which it very well could be, especially in these early stages of development. Still it's a text based game so I don't think I'm gonna add any kind of gore to the actual visuals.
Violence and horror don't always have to be images, and in my opinion, not showing it letting your brain do all the magic makes it even scarier, plus having the right vibe to the scene makes it even better.

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
You don't need images to showcase violence. As a matter of fact, if I was to represent it visually, the violence would be too revolting to make a compelling story.
Or at least that's my opinion, you're entitled to think my choice of images is poor, which it very well could be, especially in these early stages of development. Still it's a text based game so I don't think I'm gonna add any kind of gore to the actual visuals.
Mostly just trying to be funny, though if i'm being honest having one pof the images be a paraghraph of a decent example for the text-based violence would help people to determine if it's too extreme for them

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
Eeeeh I updated the game a while ago but I don't know how to make f95 show that on the updates page.
:FacePalm:
i may be wrong, but i think your issue may be this:
ss.PNG
if existing games get shown at the the top the release date usually gets updated as well. i've read that messing with things like the tags can trigger this, but don't quote me on that. probably best to ask a mod or something.

Deleted member 5069289

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
Getting an error right after starting the game, specifically after the line "I don't regret what I did, though"
Attached traceback in case it helps
I have absolutely no idea why your getting that error. For some reason your game doesn't detect a label that's in another script? It works perfectly fine for me.
Have you maybe deleted accidentally the scripts folder or something? Maybe if you download it again it'll work?
If you are on mac I have no idea how renpy works over there btw. I assume it's the same as pc but who knows.
Sorry I can't fix your issue but I'm pretty baffled as to why it wouldn't detect a label that exists.

Deleted member 5069289

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
i may be wrong, but i think your issue may be this:
View attachment 2848873
if existing games get shown at the the top the release date usually gets updated as well. i've read that messing with things like the tags can trigger this, but don't quote me on that. probably best to ask a mod or something.
I don't know. It doesn't really matter for now anyways bc the game's still in the prologue.

Deleted member 5069289

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
V0.2 is now out.

Progress has been a little slow these past couple of weeks but I've learnt a lot about making images.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
SuccuSekaiSurvivingInASuccubusWorld-0.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Deleted member 5069289

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
SuccuSekaiSurvivingInASuccubusWorld-0.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​
Thanks for reuploading it!
I still don't know how to make f95 understand I've updated it tho...
Do you know how to do it mr 1693136196263.png ?

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Thanks for reuploading it!
I still don't know how to make f95 understand I've updated it tho...
Sorry for late answer.
You can report the OP (first post) with "Game Update" and staff'll change the content and sometimes promote it.
If you own the thread, you can also promote it yourself (read the promotion rules, section 5) and it'll appear in the "Latest Updates" section.

That's to the best of my knowledge, as I don't deal with game uploading to f95 directly/thread management.

Deleted member 5069289

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
Sorry for late answer.
You can report the OP (first post) with "Game Update" and staff'll change the content and sometimes promote it.
If you own the thread, you can also promote it yourself (read the promotion rules, section 5) and it'll appear in the "Latest Updates" section.

That's to the best of my knowledge, as I don't deal with game uploading to f95 directly/thread management.
Thanks, I'll look into it for the next update.

Jan 3, 2021
With a bit of work, more art and the like, this could be a pretty good game (Not saying it isn't but I mean that as in it has alot of potential, I am infact enjoying it now) especially since its so unique from the usual game types.

Also great choice of music and ambience, it works with the theme very well. Can't wait to see more!

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2021
Ok I played it in full and I'm pretty intrigued in what's to come next so I'll give abit of an unofficial review here.

I'll start off with what I like, the setting seems interesting all things considered, there seemed to of been a war, there is great hatred towards the Succubi likely due to said war and so on.

I like the militarist aspect of it, sounds decent though there are some aspects that seem weird considering Gruella warfare was indeed used alot long before Napoleon however I can understand why you cited him as he made it very profound.

This isn't afraid at tackling darker theme so very nice.

Now I'll state a few cons, now keep in mind these are merely personal opinions and I like the game more than I don't

The story while deeper feels slightly rushed, I understand its a demo but there is alot of time skips and the like that feel there could be aspects put in place to highlight the world, culture and etc especially since we are a foreigner in these lands, not only do we lack context of the culture and the local people.

Some lack of some choice, this is just me but I prefer other weapons to daggers I feel like this could be used for different weapon bonuses and what we could pick or choose and the pros and cons, but all things considered this doesn't matter much at all.

Potentials?

Maybe taunt dialogue for battles? Something the enemy randomly says or something you or they could say to flavour or bonuses/mechanics

Maybe before/during the academy training or when with the Witch we could ask her questions about the land, world, tips and stuff?

All in all a game with alot of potential, reminds me of Succubus covenant in how the Protag isn't a push over and that the world is alot more grim.

so I'd give it a 7.5/10 because I like it quite a bit.

Hope this review didn't come off as condescending, but not just that there is also is one bug I must report,

that being this occurs when I use any ability other than footwork