Subsicribestar.adult approval issue

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Giving my real name isn't the problem here there are many people who share the same names and surnames. What I have a problem with is that they ask you to show your face with your ID card. In the ID card it shows not only your real name but also your birthplace, your age, and other information
And what the fuck do you think will happen exactly ?
Patreon count near to 300,000 creators account, no one there care about who you are, no one there will search for you in your country, and anyway no one there have the possibility to do it. As if someone working for an online service could access all official databases from all the countries, in order to enter the legal information regarding someone and find that person.
As I said, there's a bit more than 1,000 new adult creators just for that year. Add the other creators and that's easily 30 new creators account created daily, if not more. As if they would pay a bunch of people with for only task to do some social search regarding every single of their new creators...

It's said on the pop-up page asking for your real name and last name, this is for legal purpose. Patreon is a legal company that provide a legal service involving financial income for their users. They have legal obligation in regard of taxes and financials authorities all around the world. Obligations that need them to provide the real identity of the users for who they collect money.
They also have legal obligation when it come to adult content, the most important being to ensure that this person is of legal age to create/publish/sell that kind of content.

They don't fucking care a single second who the fuck you are, but they care about existing as company and being able to continue to offer their services to everyone want to use them. And for this, they need to act in all legality, period.
So, the question isn't "do I want to give those information to Patreon", but, "do I want to earn money legally, or do I prefer to take the risk to end one day with the authorities of my country on my back, being involved in a long investigation, during which I'll have to prove the source of any cent I got, that will dig deep into my life to ensure that this money do not come from some illegal activities, with possibly tenth of thousands [whatever currency used in your country] tax adjustment in top of that".

You aren't begging in the streets, you are starting a legal business. The needs and constraints are obviously at a radically different level.

AdultSpice

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2023
And what the fuck do you think will happen exactly ?
Patreon count near to 300,000 creators account, no one there care about who you are, no one there will search for you in your country, and anyway no one there have the possibility to do it. As if someone working for an online service could access all official databases from all the countries, in order to enter the legal information regarding someone and find that person.
As I said, there's a bit more than 1,000 new adult creators just for that year. Add the other creators and that's easily 30 new creators account created daily, if not more. As if they would pay a bunch of people with for only task to do some social search regarding every single of their new creators...
Patreon doesn't even handle this they enlisted a third-party vendor called Jumio. Jumio is a company that specializes in identity verification and authentication services and I think they use AI to confirm the images that you send to them.

Yes, you're right but do I have no right to feel uncomfortable about this? There are other ways to confirm my age besides giving them my photo for example a Date of Birth Confirmation.

And yeah they can't do anything with my photo. So what does that mean? If they wanted a photo of my dick and since they don't care or can't do anything with it, should I take a picture and send it to them?

It's said on the pop-up page asking for your real name and last name, this is for legal purpose. Patreon is a legal company that provide a legal service involving financial income for their users. They have legal obligation in regard of taxes and financials authorities all around the world. Obligations that need them to provide the real identity of the users for who they collect money.
As I mentioned in my previous posts I already gave my real name. I even gave my house location and I know that I sounded like I have a problem with that too, but I do not.

They also have legal obligation when it come to adult content, the most important being to ensure that this person is of legal age to create/publish/sell that kind of content.
In my opinion, they don't care, and this is evident through many creators featuring incest in their games when their terms of use explicitly
state that you cannot post any incest content. To further prove my point, let me give you an example of why they don't care
and how they provide a small window for creators to bend their rules. They asked me for age verification when I posted nudity and sex on my page.
However, when I removed the sexual content from my page, they said, "Oh, okay, we don't need age verification anymore," even though my page is
still exclusively for people aged 18 and above

They don't fucking care a single second who the fuck you are, but they care about existing as company and being able to continue to offer their services to everyone want to use them. And for this, they need to act in all legality, period.
So, if they want to act in all legality, have them use age verification for ALL of the creators—creators that have adult content and those who do not.

On the Patreon page, it says that to become a creator, you have to be at least 18 years old. So, how do they know if the other creators on the site are the age they say they are?
So, the question isn't "do I want to give those information to Patreon", but, "do I want to earn money legally, or do I prefer to take the risk to end one day with the authorities of my country on my back, being involved in a long investigation, during which I'll have to prove the source of any cent I got, that will dig deep into my life to ensure that this money do not come from some illegal activities, with possibly tenth of thousands [whatever currency used in your country] tax adjustment in top of that".
Even if you wanted to avoid taxes, I don't think that you could. But if you could, age verification has nothing to do with avoiding taxes. Age verification is about confirming whether you are the age you say you are.

Reactions: Techno11244

xxxshadowmaster

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2023
I am happy for you. My membership hasnt approved yet. Just I can take membership from patreon.
I want to ask you important question . My patreon approved my member ship. But there are another shadowmaster nick names
Shadowmaster435
shadowmaster246
This is mine shadowmaster473

What you think it can be problem for me. I mean my fans could support wrong shadowmaster.

AdultSpice

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2023
I am happy for you. My membership hasnt approved yet. Just I can take membership from patreon.
I want to ask you important question . My patreon approved my member ship. But there are another shadowmaster nick names
Shadowmaster435
shadowmaster246
This is mine shadowmaster473

What you think it can be problem for me. I mean my fans could support wrong shadowmaster.
If you put your link on your game and your thread page I don't think that they will go to the wrong page but even if they do they will know that they got in the wrong page

Techno11244

Mar 27, 2023
Hey AdultSpice, I noticed that they ask you if you are 18+ when you go to your Patreon page. Did you provide them your ID? I want to know if you are able to label your Patreon page as nsfw without requiring an ID

xxxshadowmaster

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2023
I want to publish my game in the game section of the forum . But There is the following text written there

YOU HAVE INSUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES TO POST THREADS HERE.

Do you know how I can get permision to publish in the game section of the forum .

AdultSpice

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2023
I want to publish my game in the game section of the forum . But There is the following text written there

YOU HAVE INSUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES TO POST THREADS HERE.

Do you know how I can get permision to publish in the game section of the forum .
I didn't understand what's the problem you have but if it help's you here's some instructions that I've followed to upload my game by one of the site's staff https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2023-05-12.524/

Sep 5, 2017
I created my Subscribestar page two days ago, and they sent me an email yesterday, telling me that they didn't find any presence of my content online. I emailed them back and explained that I was waiting for the page to be approved and that I have the game ready and uploaded on various sites(Like mega, Pixeldrain etc). I also sent them links to the game.

Now, I'm unsure if I should post my game before the page gets confirmed. Many people here, through their experiences, have suggested that it's better to build your fanbase first, and then they will get you approved. Since they replied so quickly, I will wait for them for a day.

Patreon has a new age confirmation rule where you have to take a photo of yourself and a photo of your ID. I think that it's extremely ridiculous, so that's why I'm not going for Patreon.
Yeah just heard about this. What other routes can new creators take besides subscribestar?