VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 6] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 106 Votes

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
The beauty of this story is replaying all Lis and reading/playing their povs, some games :KEK: with the girl that almost dies in a bridge. :FacePalm: (other paths was pure Snoozefest)
eh, the story of that game was specifically about that particular girl, all the other stuff was filler content.

Reactions: D4rkK1ng

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
Hi everyone, I just want a personal opinion. Is this game good? Cause the story got me interested
I recommend giving it a try. The love interests are all very attractive, and there is a lot of variety regarding their appearances and personalities, so everyone will likely be able to find a relationship or two of interest. Beyond that, STWA: The Unbroken has great visual storytelling, characterization, compelling conflict, and the sex scenes are well done too. My only tiny warning is that the slower pacing at the start of the game can feel a bit off-putting, at least from my experience, but only if you aren't attracted to Amrit or feel uncomfortable with the coach-student dynamic when deciding whether or not to romance her. Just give it some time to move past that initial limited interaction if you aren't "feeling it" with her, and the world really opens up and feels much larger (in more ways than one *coughElspethcough* ;) ).

Reactions: TGafy
Mar 2, 2022
ElspethtitlePT7_V3.png

A potential 3rd Elspeth Title screen. Not sure If I'll even use this one, but here's a little look at it anyway.
As of writing 3617 renders are posed, 3223 rendered. At the moment it's looking like final render count will sneak in just under or just over 4000 for the update. Hopefully by end of next week I should be completely posed. Then it's just up to the hardware to do it's job.
When not posing I'll be finishing up coding my Alpha build so the testers have plenty of time to do their work.
That's it for game news today.
Just a little silly note, This March marks my four year development anniversary. God I'm old. Depending on how crunch is working I'd love to do an official anniversary stream later this month. Maybe do a playthrough of the Author and do sort of a live dev commentary? As a final good bye to the OG Author. Of course if I'm swamped this will have to wait.
Additional note over the next few days or so you'll notice some Patreon changes, nothing big or important, just a fresh coat of paint, basically had the same intro paragraph since I opened the page. And as exciting as they are to read I don't think dev logs from 2020 are worth keeping up so stuff like that will be getting cleaned out.
I'll have some additional news on Steam releases for both Author and Unbroken forthcoming because people do ask, but right now getting my current release finished and released to the public is my focus. Appreciate the patience on Steam news.
As always thank you so much for the support, I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Sláinte!

Last edited:

D4rkK1ng

Feb 17, 2024
So i just played the game, i had a day off so finished the game in one day... ,i can say its very good and beautiful game i put it on my top 10 easily.
i love Elspeth and i choose her path (i slept with the with serena early at the game because she just wanted fuckbuddy, and pursued Elspeth until we slept in the latest chapter)... on the next chapters im gonna turn down serena too..
In my eyes though in this game there is no multiple LI ...its just MC and Elsepth FMC with few side chicks for additional content...this not even a contest , the difference is huge between the LIs and ELsepth which i don't really mind it though because ELspeth is awesome FMC and her character is beautifully written moreover i love her interactions with MC and their chemistry when they are together.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Hi everyone, I just want a personal opinion. Is this game good? Cause the story got me interested
For me it's just okay Elspeth is the only real reason for me to play this game personally. I don't really care or into the story at all other than the flashbacks and finding out what happened to VI in the past. The boxing stuff or whatever doesn't interest me.

• Red Heart
Reactions: D4rkK1ng

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
The boxing stuff or whatever doesn't interest me.
That's a fair criticism I think. The MMA stuff and the whole "sustaining/healing injuries" game mechanic does feel a little undercooked and "tacked on" at times to me too. In the context of Kana's backstory the gamification of injuries works quite well and fits nicely into the story, but in other situations involving just the MC it comes across as perhaps not being fully thought out.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
That's a fair criticism I think. The MMA stuff and the whole "sustaining/healing injuries" game mechanic does feel a little undercooked and "tacked on" at times to me too. In the context of Kana's backstory the gamification of injuries works quite well and fits nicely into the story, but in other situations involving just the MC it comes across as perhaps not being fully thought out.
well the fighting part of the game is just a gimmick really, not the main focus of the game, there are few out there that approach it somewhat realistically, off the top of my head maybe alpha omega. I mean come on, they don't even get on the ground once in 3 fights (also not a drop of blood)

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023

Check In 03/08/2024

This is the second potential Vi title screen, again not sure which one I'll use. Fun to look at though.
At the moment 3920 renders are posed, 3334 rendered. At the going pace I expect to finish posing by probably Sunday morning, maybe Sunday night. Then I can set the systems to steady rendering. Most of the renders are still in that heavy scene so even with all systems rendering 24/7 I expect it will be at least a few more weeks just to finish the initial batch. Just so you have a rough idea of what I'm expecting there.
Once I do finish posing and have everything rendering I'll move on with the last bit of stuff I need to do. I'll spend some time coding in and getting stuff ready for testers/ readers so they can start testing the "Alpha" . Otherwise my focus will be on finishing the second half of the animations while everything is cooking. Once the last of the renders are out I'll code them in and the testers and I will move into official Beta where we can get that final polish shine.
So still some heavy lifting ahead, but the hill is getting a bit less steep, can almost see the horizon now.
That's it for today. As always thank you so much for the support, I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Sláinte!

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
So i just played the game, i had a day off so finished the game in one day... ,i can say its very good and beautiful game i put it on my top 10 easily.
i love Elspeth and i choose her path (i slept with the with serena early at the game because she just wanted fuckbuddy, and pursued Elspeth until we slept in the latest chapter)... on the next chapters im gonna turn down serena too..
In my eyes though in this game there is no multiple LI ...its just MC and Elsepth FMC with few side chicks for additional content...this not even a contest , the difference is huge between the LIs and ELsepth which i don't really mind it though because ELspeth is awesome FMC and her character is beautifully written moreover i love her interactions with MC and their chemistry when they are together.
Els and Vi are my favorite ones, but yea, Els is the first one, hahaha.

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
Not gonna lie, amount of posed/finished renders sounds really fucking impressive, given the time he spent on it. When was the last update, 6 or 7 months ago? And I wouldn't say that Stew's renders are on lower level compared to other top-tier AVNs, on the contrary, I would say they're pretty damn beautiful. Really looking forward to this update, especially after seeing those last Els previews.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023

Sneak Peek 03/11/2024

Missed our peek last week so we get a quadruple dose of Kana this week to make up. I know a good few of you really missed her last update, so have to get you excited at least a little bit.
I know there are at least four of you out there who love our resident Kiwi.

4.70 star(s) 106 Votes