VN Ren'Py Completed Stroke of Madness: Memories [Nikraria]

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
Generally speaking, I apologize for the double post.
Second, I finally manage to complete the CG's! I didn't realize that after entering a room, there was on the top right corner some.. sort of eye closed - which opens when you lay the pointer of the mouse XD
Áh, okay not it makes sense how you didn't find so many.:D
Yeah that "search" function that was added to Memories actually hides all the new events.

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
Download Also includes Nikraria - Stroke of Madness - Memories + Nikraria - Delirium

Here is another mirror -

Umberfoot

Dec 5, 2017
Here's a walkthrough for the game. It's divided into two sections, one for just the straight-up game and one for the memories feature.

Updated 7/9/18: So, I never realized until now that it's actually possible to search the basement. I've added an entry in 'Memories' accordingly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
This is an extremely short visual novel that goes with a horror mystery drama theme... The story is also extremely linear, with the only erotic content found in the player punishment dead ends... So be prepared to save game a lot as you try to determine how to properly progress through this VN/Game... I went ahead and posted my review...

Reactions: TheLokich

Velsomnia

Jul 29, 2017
Im not seeing any kind of eye when I enter a room, just her saying the same thing over and over again everytime I enter the room

Umberfoot

Dec 5, 2017
Im not seeing any kind of eye when I enter a room, just her saying the same thing over and over again everytime I enter the room
Hmmmm.

There are two possible explanations that I can think of: one is that you may be trying a room that is not yet available to search; the Studio, the Parlor, and Charles' bedroom can't be searched until certain points in the game. The other possible explanation is that your copy of the game may not include the Memories expansion; the original Stroke of Madness game was released as a single item, with just the four bad ends and no additional scenes, so you could also try downloading a new copy of the game and starting fresh.

May 30, 2017
If you dont enter the studio a second time before doing something downstairs (not sure what) the bullets become unobtainable and it means you cant advance like 20 minutes later in the game. Which is bullshit.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
This quote has been edited to highlight my confusion.

Here's a walkthrough for the game. It's divided into two sections, one for just the straight-up game and one for the memories feature.

WALKTHROUGH:
1. Wake up
2. Go into the Studio to get the Gun.
3. ...
MEMORIES:
Some of the rooms are not available to be searched at the start of the game, and some of the rooms become unavailable to be searched over the course of the game. The following rooms can only be searched after, before, or between certain points in the game (see the walkthrough above)-
-The Library becomes unavailable when you go in to find the book about the keyhole
-The Studio becomes available after you investigate the Kitchen
Uhhh...

EDIT: I figured it out. You can GO IN the rooms, and you might get an item automatically (like in the studio), but you can't SEARCH the rooms, because the eye won't appear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Umberfoot

Umberfoot

Dec 5, 2017
This quote has been edited to highlight my confusion.

Uhhh...
I can see how that sounds contradictory, but it has to do with the separation between the main story of the game and the memories feature: parts of the main story that involve acquiring an object, like the gun and the bullets, trigger automatically when you enter the right room at the right time. The search function is a separate feature, triggered by manually clicking a button in the upper right corner of the screen, and it's this separate feature that is unavailable with the Studio until later in the game.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Forgot this game had a functional walkthrough. Whoops! So, I made one in pdf format along the same lines as the one I did for Dark Whispers (I'm just planning on doing the whole series at this point).

Since the game is so short, and I feel like the exploring is part of the fun, this guide provides an "Explorer's Guide" designed to help lead you through without actually telling you exactly what to do (basically, what order to visit the rooms, but only hints as to what's there). It also has a concise list of the H-Scenes and how to get them, and a more standard step-by-step Walkthrough of how to get all the scenes and finish the game (including roughly where to click on things). It also discusses how to spot the potential "black-screen" instant deaths by observing the themes they relate to. That part is, admittedly, a bit self-indulgent, but once I noticed what the items were that cause the sudden deaths, I found it really interesting.

I also went through the entire script to fix some of the translation issues, add a couple of unused images I found, and generally give it a good polish.
I'm waiting on Nikraria to review some of the minor changes I made before I put up a patch for that, though.
There hasn't been any complaint from Nikraria, so I'm gonna go ahead and give you the patch.

Edit: I couldn't get the "crystal/cristal not defined" error to repeat for me, but I had some idea what might have caused it.
So... I think I fixed it, but someone will have to let me know.

Last edited:

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Forgot this game had a functional walkthrough. Whoops! So, I made one in pdf format along the same lines as the one I did for Dark Whispers (I'm just planning on doing the whole series at this point).

Since the game is so short, and I feel like the exploring is part of the fun, this guide provides an "Explorer's Guide" designed to help lead you through without actually telling you exactly what to do (basically, what order to visit the rooms, but only hints as to what's there). It also has a concise list of the H-Scenes and how to get them, and a more standard step-by-step Walkthrough of how to get all the scenes and finish the game (including roughly where to click on things). It also discusses how to spot the potential "black-screen" instant deaths by observing the themes they relate to. That part is, admittedly, a bit self-indulgent, but once I noticed what the items were that cause the sudden deaths, I found it really interesting.

I also went through the entire script to fix some of the translation issues, add a couple of unused images I found, and generally give it a good polish.
I'm waiting on Nikraria to review some of the minor changes I made before I put up a patch for that, though.
There hasn't been any complaint from Nikraria, so I'm gonna go ahead and give you the patch.
I applied your patch, but now I get several errors. All are about the name cristal not being defined. Luckily, ignoring these errors allows me to carry on with the game.
I noticed that in the original script, only the word cristal is used, and in your script there's cristal and crystal. Maybe that's got something to do with it ?

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
I applied your patch, but now I get several errors. All are about the name cristal not being defined. Luckily, ignoring these errors allows me to carry on with the game.
I noticed that in the original script, only the word cristal is used, and in your script there's cristal and crystal. Maybe that's got something to do with it ?
Crap! Thank you, I'll look into it. Yeah, that's totally my fault. The word crystal was misspelled as "cristal" (
including an image asset that goes with it) and I just couldn't leave it be. I must have missed some instances of it. I'll get that sorted right now. Thank you for telling me!

Reactions: syh653

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
I couldn't get the "crystal/cristal not defined" error to repeat for me, but I had some idea what might have caused it.
So... I think I fixed it, but someone will have to let me know. I replaced it in the zip above.

Reactions: PBS666

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I couldn't get the "crystal/cristal not defined" error to repeat for me, but I had some idea what might have caused it.
So... I think I fixed it, but someone will have to let me know. I replaced it in the zip above.
FYI, I just tried the newest version of your script and this time there were no errors.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Guyin Cognito
2.80 star(s) 4 Votes