Shuchetan

Aug 13, 2017
Can anyone say when is the next release planned? Just really looking ahead to it. It's been quite some time. Any time-frame given?

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1700229846681.png
Developer confessions as late as 3 days ago:
While working on story and magic, getting
ready to create in Unreal Engine ...

Reactions: PickleSteve

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
This video showcases the latest update. Some of you might be wondering why progress is slow. The reason is that I have limited support. I'm continuing to work on the game, but having more support would help speed things up. Otherwise, it will take a while. Unfortunately, I need to earn a living in the meantime.

Ok I've been holding back on this one for a while but all this seems to translate to is that the game is basically being held hostage until they get more money. Which wont happen unless you release something. People aren't going to magically give you more funding if you don't have anything new to show for.

None of this "having more support would help speed things up." matters at all if nothing is ever released especially when it's been over a year after the last update.

Communication is key and frequent status updates are as well, so far that has dropped off to none. If you truly want this to succeed and you truly want more funding then you're going to have to make some changes.

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
Ok I've been holding back on this one for a while but all this seems to translate to is that the game is basically being held hostage until they get more money. Which wont happen unless you release something. People aren't going to magically give you more funding if you don't have anything new to show for.

None of this "having more support would help speed things up." matters at all if nothing is ever released especially when it's been over a year after the last update.

Communication is key and frequent status updates are as well, so far that has dropped off to none. If you truly want this to succeed and you truly want more funding then you're going to have to make some changes.
I'm sure it's been said before, but the name of the game also really doesn't help, for a while I couldn't remember what the game was called and then when I finally found the name it was annoying to look for this thread because "Story" really isn't search friendly...

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
Only thing I'm wondering is whether there's gonna be a release sometime this year or if I should just move this one to my "Abandoned" folder to make room for things that are still being actively developed. I've loved everything I've seen of the game so far, but frankly right now it's only one of over 200 such games on my external drive and the space it's taking up will be repurposed soon if the dev keeps holding off like this.
UPDATE: Right after posting this I decided to check out the dev's Patreon. He's apparently ported the game to Unreal, or at least is using UE for his animations. Latest post from 17 January was a 2.5-minute animation made in Unreal, so... apparently we now know what's taking so long. Still, the question remains, when are we gonna see something concrete get released. If he ever wants to make more than the 187.50 he's getting now from Patreon, he's gonna have to get on the ball here.

Last edited:

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1707461427617.png
Happy New 2024 year from back in January 4: dev was getting up to speed.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
1707461802825.png
Then it was January 17 that brought us: is ready, as it got finished
with the transfer of Unani Tribe from Daz3D to Unreal Engine.
It's good to see our characters moving and... alive.
1707461887927.png
SaM

Last edited:
Reactions: PickleSteve
4.30 star(s) 22 Votes