Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
As again more silence, Dev Last seen May 21, 2023 on this site, Last Patreon post June 22, 1 month ago. Last weekly Patreon update May 23.

• Wow
Reactions: _Maou_

TSSG59

Jun 7, 2021
I've seen it.
Guys anyone who is supporting this dev, goona realizes soon that it was a mistake to support this kind of greedy people.
I won't pay a cent until I have faith in the dev. Almost every game I've really liked got abandoned, no point in paying for something you are not going to get.
Love this story but the time between updates and the fact you have to pay for any information does not inspire faith that it will ever finish before I snuff it.

sajdhs

Jan 19, 2020
I think this is the first game so he doesn't have to many experience about advertisement. He post only private pictures for patron people but once a month. That too long bro. He doesn't post any public, it really hard to get a new sub if he do that. Don't need to use to many brain in public post. Just do like simple day. Show follower know the game still working or not. Show how the work. When it can be release. Tell about new content, new scene, character or plans for the game. Don't need to show to much but still get they know to get attention

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
I think this is the first game so he doesn't have to many experience about advertisement. He post only private pictures for patron people but once a month. That too long bro. He doesn't post any public, it really hard to get a new sub if he do that. Don't need to use to many brain in public post. Just do like simple day. Show follower know the game still working or not. Show how the work. When it can be release. Tell about new content, new scene, character or plans for the game. Don't need to show to much but still get they know to get attention
Their Patreon is irritating, the last public post was Nov 23, 2022. How exactly would any potential new customers know ANYTHING about what's going on if there isn't anything to see or read. Locking everything behind a paywall is a terrible idea.

sajdhs

Jan 19, 2020
Their Patreon is irritating, the last public post was Nov 23, 2022. How exactly would any potential new customers know ANYTHING about what's going on if there isn't anything to see or read. Locking everything behind a paywall is a terrible idea.
The point is no one know this game still working or abandoned. Pay this mouth and next mouth. The game dead. People don't throw money out window like that

Reactions: TSSG59

story_and_magic

Story and Magic
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2022
This video showcases the latest update. Some of you might be wondering why progress is slow. The reason is that I have limited support. I'm continuing to work on the game, but having more support would help speed things up. Otherwise, it will take a while. Unfortunately, I need to earn a living in the meantime.

RevPaco

Dec 14, 2016
This video showcases the latest update. Some of you might be wondering why progress is slow. The reason is that I have limited support. I'm continuing to work on the game, but having more support would help speed things up. Otherwise, it will take a while. Unfortunately, I need to earn a living in the meantime.

Great to see an update and know it's progressing. As folks above have mentioned, you can attract supporters by having more public updates available on Patreon and having a slightly increased presence here. I get it's on top of your day job, but an hour or so a week spent keeping this thread alive and answering questions would likely help. If you're already making content, take some sexy screenshots and make them available publicly on Patreon, and then paywall the raunchier ones for your Patrons.

A lot of folks here love what they saw and want the game to succeed, if you need any help or suggestions I'm sure some folks would be more than happy to spare some of their time.

Finally, I know it's been discussed before and ultimately it's your game, but "Story and Magic" is still a bit generic of a name and not easy to remember for folks trying to search for the game. Something like "Otherworld" or "Secrets of Magic" sticks out a bit more in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm cheering you on and hoping for the best. Good luck on your work with the game.

Jun 27, 2019

My recommendation would be to target a more specific audience. Adult VN's are a dime a dozen; you need to stand out more. To use an example, I can see from browsing this thread that the futa fans are quite vocal; why not cater to them? You'll get more financial support from a smaller audience of deeply-interested fans than you would from a larger audience of casual players.

Banjorune

Jul 23, 2023
Really good game. Really, really good... Is there every going to be any more, or has it been abandoned?

sipsipsap

Aug 20, 2023
How long is the playtime atm? Is this already worth getting into or is it better to wait a few more years? :D I got so many unfinished games that I am basically building a new pile next to my pile of shame that only consists of games I CAN't finish because they are not complete.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
How long is the playtime atm? Is this already worth getting into or is it better to wait a few more years? :D I got so many unfinished games that I am basically building a new pile next to my pile of shame that only consists of games I CAN't finish because they are not complete.
To be honest, I would hold off until the next update is released. However judging by the ominous last Patreon post it doesnt look good.

jkwwolf

Sep 29, 2020
Afraid of another Abandoned game? Dude just needs to sell the game better and network with other creators, before loosing heart and burning out. A lot of effort went into making this, and not having it supported well would be a bummer to anyone.

• Sad
Reactions: Tirthankar Mandal
4.30 star(s) 22 Votes