Flash Abandoned Stones [v0.27A] [Maskopatol]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
More like "weird, hateful and homophobic Poland"-laws.

Though I feel very sorry for the creator due to all the stress and horrible things he must have endured during that time, I must say it was pretty stupid go on about making his country of origin public and all that, knowing well how homophobic Poland is in its lawsystem.
I thought it was because of the gore?

Derekkun0o

Mar 6, 2018
No clue, dude tried to wipe all his content off the internet, because of weird euroland laws. Can I get a link to Ball Brawl?
Crap sorry for the late reply, I don't remember where I found it, I think it was in a .swf archive of some sorts, and I don't think I can attach the .swf file to here

Reactions: BobCarter

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
Crap sorry for the late reply, I don't remember where I found it, I think it was in a .swf archive of some sorts, and I don't think I can attach the .swf file to here
Zip it up and you should be able to, if not anonfile should work and give you a link you can share.

Rychter

May 17, 2021
In case anyone still wants the last available version of the game (A.28) (all platforms and not just .sfw)
I have uploaded them to pomf.cat

Here are the downloads:

Hope this helps someone out. Such a shame development had to stop.

J55555

Dec 31, 2019
Can't someone else continue the game ? I mean, is it possible ?
If you go back a bit in this thread, you'll find that someone already offered to continue the game.
So, I'm currently considering trying to take over the project since the original creator has officially abandoned it, although I do want to clarify that it would be best if people didn't get their hopes up. I'm considering this both because I want the project continued (I have a good many ideas for additions and improvements, although story development will be quite difficult and may not live up to whatever Maskopatol had planned originally) and also because I feel comfortable starting to make games with something such as this. All that being said, I have no idea as to what engine this game was made with, so if anyone could inform me, I would appreciate it greatly.
However, it's been well over a year now and still no word on any progress made, so I'm not particularly hopeful. It might be possible to continue, but whoever does so will have to:
  • Continue the story
    • There is very little to go off of, and what is there indicates a fairly complex storyline
  • Copy the art style
    • Not an artist, but this seems like it would be pretty hard to do considering most artists develop their own style and never switch
Not to mention ripping the game in a way that allows you to continue developing it in the first place. I believe the possibility of this depends on the game engine, don't remember the engine right now but I think someone named it somewhere in the thread.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
If you go back a bit in this thread, you'll find that someone already offered to continue the game.

However, it's been well over a year now and still no word on any progress made, so I'm not particularly hopeful. It might be possible to continue, but whoever does so will have to:
  • Continue the story
    • There is very little to go off of, and what is there indicates a fairly complex storyline
  • Copy the art style
    • Not an artist, but this seems like it would be pretty hard to do considering most artists develop their own style and never switch
Not to mention ripping the game in a way that allows you to continue developing it in the first place. I believe the possibility of this depends on the game engine, don't remember the engine right now but I think someone named it somewhere in the thread.
Extracting the data is the easy part, don't think the art style needs to be copied 100%, but I will say it is effort, and would likely need to be ported to unity or something.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
That's the problem ... if there is a program to do that, it wouldn't be too hard to continue.
There are a large number of flash decompliers, that said the code likely wouldn't work as is outside of flash. Getting this game ported into pick an engine, requires knowing how to code. The rarest skill of them all these days.

eugeneloza

Jan 2, 2022
requires knowing how to code
As a programmer, I wouldn't say this game would require too much knowledge to code. "Angry birds tutorial Unity" is a googlable thing and while not for absolute newbies, this kind of game is not very hard to make. The problems will start when integrating art with the game, unless the art comes in "absolutely game-ready state" which is never the case. Scalability problem will come later when the game gets extended with features, and IMHO it's the problem that kills most projects (maybe this one too?) and highlights difference between an experienced dev and an aspiring one: it doesn't require much knowledge and skill to start up, especially if there are fancy pictures/animations to show, but adding more features turns the code into unmaintainable mess.
Also don't forget that Maskopatol explicitly asked not to put copies of his work anywhere online. So, using his art in a new game is not an option either even if it can be extracted in some state readable in other engines / I see standard texture atlases, but not animation curves. And even if it's possible, then not too reasonable, because it will block how far the game could be extended by the existing art, and as already noted above, keeping the artstyle is also quite complicated.
Yes, this is the reason why "(free and) open source" concept exists :D So that the projects won't die even with author no longer able to contribute it in any way.

And in the end if one actually makes a "new game" with "new art"... it's just a new game.
And with the amount of attention (e.g. comments/year or positive reviews on this forum) this game gets in comparison to an average VN/idler...

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
As a programmer, I wouldn't say this game would require too much knowledge to code. "Angry birds tutorial Unity" is a googlable thing and while not for absolute newbies, this kind of game is not very hard to make. The problems will start when integrating art with the game, unless the art comes in "absolutely game-ready state" which is never the case. Scalability problem will come later when the game gets extended with features, and IMHO it's the problem that kills most projects (maybe this one too?) and highlights difference between an experienced dev and an aspiring one: it doesn't require much knowledge and skill to start up, especially if there are fancy pictures/animations to show, but adding more features turns the code into unmaintainable mess.
The art would scale to any res, this is flash. It's a very well known fact that flash uses vectors not rasters. So the artwork and sound can be taken 1 for 1. This game is also different then angry birds, in that body parts take different damage, not that it makes it any "harder" to program. The issue still is the age old problem of no one knowing how to actually code. After all if you actually can code, odds are you have a job coding or your own project by now.

Sulphyre

May 25, 2019
Does anyone here know of a game, similar art-style, I may be wrong but again made by Maskopatol, where it's basically a platformer and if you fall onto a pole (horizontal or vertical) your character basically gets a turbo version of ball/cuntbusting and just comically keels over and coughs up a half-eaten taco?

I hope my description jolts someone's memory, been trying to find that hilarious gem.

Derekkun0o

Mar 6, 2018
Does anyone here know of a game, similar art-style, I may be wrong but again made by Maskopatol, where it's basically a platformer and if you fall onto a pole (horizontal or vertical) your character basically gets a turbo version of ball/cuntbusting and just comically keels over and coughs up a half-eaten taco?

I hope my description jolts someone's memory, been trying to find that hilarious gem.
I remember that one and it's been years ... haven't found a slight trace of it sadly :c

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote