Flash Abandoned Stones [v0.27A] [Maskopatol]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
I just noticed, it says builds for windows and linux, and the games patron is gone. What happened to this?

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
So, I'm currently considering trying to take over the project since the original creator has officially abandoned it, although I do want to clarify that it would be best if people didn't get their hopes up. I'm considering this both because I want the project continued (I have a good many ideas for additions and improvements, although story development will be quite difficult and may not live up to whatever Maskopatol had planned originally) and also because I feel comfortable starting to make games with something such as this. All that being said, I have no idea as to what engine this game was made with, so if anyone could inform me, I would appreciate it greatly.
Assuming your still up to this, adobe air is the most logical, as it's used for a fair number of former flash projects. That said even unity would likely work (tho at that point your rebuilding it all)

Reactions: Cobalt (aka James)

Rychter

May 17, 2021
I just noticed, it says builds for windows and linux, and the games patron is gone. What happened to this?
Apparently the creator (Maskopatol) got into some kind of "legal trouble" and had to abandon the project. I don't think anyone knows more than that.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
Apparently the creator (Maskopatol) got into some kind of "legal trouble" and had to abandon the project. I don't think anyone knows more than that.
Odd, and yeah after reading thru this, looks like he got hit with the same shit shadman originally got hit with. (Gore laws in those nations are fucking weird)

Beat120

Jun 7, 2021
I never realized that this was made by the same person as Ball Brawl. Makes sense in hindsight. It's shocking how hard this was to find again.

Beat120

Jun 7, 2021
So, I'm currently considering trying to take over the project since the original creator has officially abandoned it, although I do want to clarify that it would be best if people didn't get their hopes up. I'm considering this both because I want the project continued (I have a good many ideas for additions and improvements, although story development will be quite difficult and may not live up to whatever Maskopatol had planned originally) and also because I feel comfortable starting to make games with something such as this. All that being said, I have no idea as to what engine this game was made with, so if anyone could inform me, I would appreciate it greatly.
My best guess is HaxeFlixel. I looked at this in a Flash decompiler and noticed that many assets were missing, and Flixel was brought up in the code.

That said, I don't know how to decompile a Haxe game back into something Haxe can run, or even if a proper Haxe disassembler exists. The more important question though is that do you have any prior experience programming? I ask because if you do figure out how to modify it, you may not end up going anywhere if you can't learn how it works. Logic and comprehension are essential skills when it comes to programming. I personally don't have much experience in Flash coding other than classes I took in high school, so the most I can do is tweak small things.

Reactions: junior20000

watcher454

Dec 4, 2021
Any of you guys have links to other Maskopatol games? I remember there was a platformer game he made, but I can't seem to find it.

Derekkun0o

Mar 6, 2018
I've been trying to find for well over half a year now a demo made by him. All I can remember is finding it in e621 and it was basically some sort of obstacule course where failing certain things caused genital damage. However, while I did find this and Ball Brawl, I haven't been able to fin this one. Any clue ?

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
I've been trying to find for well over half a year now a demo made by him. All I can remember is finding it in e621 and it was basically some sort of obstacule course where failing certain things caused genital damage. However, while I did find this and Ball Brawl, I haven't been able to fin this one. Any clue ?
No clue, dude tried to wipe all his content off the internet, because of weird euroland laws. Can I get a link to Ball Brawl?

BigDaddyFrog

Oct 6, 2020
No clue, dude tried to wipe all his content off the internet, because of weird euroland laws. Can I get a link to Ball Brawl?
More like "weird, hateful and homophobic Poland"-laws.

Though I feel very sorry for the creator due to all the stress and horrible things he must have endured during that time, I must say it was pretty stupid go on about making his country of origin public and all that, knowing well how homophobic Poland is in its lawsystem.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote