Csilla

Donor
Aug 10, 2017
Updated post with the v0.11 Release. Added Mac version.

@throwaway734 I would advise a different versioning in the future, as people might get confused by going from v0.11d to v0.11 as an upgrade.

stauffi

Jul 23, 2017
I think I'm going to start calling them "0.12 beta a" etc, because this isn't the first time that's caused confusion.
Maybe just name them 0.111, 0.112 etc. and every new bigger release then another +0.01 so 0.12 0.13 etc. and for huge releases just 0.2, 0.3 etc.

Then the highest number is always the most recent version :)

Reactions: Csilla and poiman

Csilla

Donor
Aug 10, 2017
@throwaway734

v0.11.1 would be my suggested format, that way this release would be v0.11.5, so you introduce new concepts in v0.12, but the next hotfix or patch ticks it up to v0.12.1. If you are concerned that a patch is particularly unstable you can do v.0.12.alpha.1

nemojmeje111

Nov 14, 2017
What is up with performance of this game? I know my GPU is rather shitty (HD7670M 1gb vram), but it actually runs other unity games well on lowest settings.
Also, one thing I only noticed (before I tried this game) when I optimistically tried to run games that required an RX580 as minimum, is that I get lots of graphical artifacts.
Is the game just not optimised at this development phase?
And for reference, I ran GTA V on medium settings @ 40FPS.

Witar

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2018
You can avoid those, just need to build living quarters hotel and trading center far from the rest of your base rooms and never scroll to them unless you have to. Tons of occupants and guests models on screen makes it kinda hard to process.

Risen3247

Nov 10, 2017
Noticed an early game bug, I think. Total sex slave amt drops whenever you sell an "event" slave, pilot, stowaway, etc. By early I mean less than 40 - 50 slaves, after you reach this amt, it seems to stop. Kinda weird. Running ver 11, but also noticed in 11d.

pliugbr

May 17, 2018
Great game so far, maybe the version I downloaded was corrupt and the surgery options were not available nor visible and quite quickly the station message log became a series of births and vats growth complete, ~_~;

The furniture deleting bug happened a time or two, but I think it is because the room furniture edit was locked to another room or a coordinate outside of the room.

Out of curiosity do growth bats have a check that prevent, or ask for confirmation before allowing occupied vats to be deleted or transfer vat's occupant to a free one?

Recommendations:
Have the number display for guests and citizens display.
Add an animation, a star or something, or even the age above/on vats in case a player wants to check the progress without having to click them all. :)
Also it would be nice if the dame was listed instead of no known relatives.

Dec 3, 2017
Not a bug (as far as I know) but too funny not to share. After being displeased by a festival I enslaved my former proxy, a virgin named nonvirgin.

Reactions: Q Who

Bobabod

Sep 13, 2016
A curious bug, my avatar turned completely white and unclickable. I repaired the save by substituting the line with the one from another save. A second bug comes with the Pari obedience event. It ends with a screen without options so you can't return to the station. The Australian hair turns black when pregnant.

Also, is there any way to trigger the Ascendant event? I've conquered the whole galaxy, getting rid of all my slaves (except the faction leaders) so the save could handle it, yet that event has not happened yet.

Legionnass

May 17, 2017
does anyone know how to get player controlled planets/celestial bodies to raise their populations to above 1000 subjects because some reason every time a planet or whatever is placed under player control the population seems stay at 1000 subjects despite having the upgrades that increase population, this includes the slave factory upgrade? also has anyone figured out how to get the breeding colonies to work right, as in get non-human tributes instead of human tributes when at least one of the non-human breeding colony upgrade? by the shouldn't the breeding colony upgrades be mutually exclusive of one another?

shell

Jun 29, 2017
does anyone know how to get player controlled planets/celestial bodies to raise their populations to above 1000 subjects because some reason every time a planet or whatever is placed under player control the population seems stay at 1000 subjects despite having the upgrades that increase population, this includes the slave factory upgrade? also has anyone figured out how to get the breeding colonies to work right, as in get non-human tributes instead of human tributes when at least one of the non-human breeding colony upgrade? by the shouldn't the breeding colony upgrades be mutually exclusive of one another?
Not really, what you should do is to purchase whatever upgrades that either increases population or not. Sorry if that's not very helpful

nemojmeje111

Nov 14, 2017
You can avoid those, just need to build living quarters hotel and trading center far from the rest of your base rooms and never scroll to them unless you have to. Tons of occupants and guests models on screen makes it kinda hard to process.
Thanks for the advice but it didn't help.

I've done further testing. This is "one of those games" which for some reason can't use my dedicated GPU correctly. (I'm using a laptop)
When I set the game to run on my integrated GPU (Intel HD4000) it runs A LOT smoother (like double the FPS), but it seems to crash when it runs out of shared video memory, which is really fast, considering the iGPU can use more than 1GB RAM (which is more than the dedicated GPU has).
Weird...

EDIT: So I thought that it crashed because it used too much GPU memory, but it doesn't. It freezes with no error report so I currently have no idea what causes it.

What I noticed is that it takes the same amount of time for the game to lose FPS on dedicated GPU and to freeze on integrated GPU.

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
Thanks for the advice but it didn't help.

I've done further testing. This is "one of those games" which for some reason can't use my dedicated GPU correctly. (I'm using a laptop)
When I set the game to run on my integrated GPU (Intel HD4000) it runs A LOT smoother (like double the FPS), but it seems to crash when it runs out of shared video memory, which is really fast, considering the iGPU can use more than 1GB RAM (which is more than the dedicated GPU has).
Weird...

EDIT: So I thought that it crashed because it used too much GPU memory, but it doesn't. It freezes with no error report so I currently have no idea what causes it.

What I noticed is that it takes the same amount of time for the game to lose FPS on dedicated GPU and to freeze on integrated GPU.
What's the dedicated GPU on your laptop?

I'll give this game a try on my desktop's integrated GPU. It's an Intel HD 630, so it's a little newer but very similar. I never noticed any issues with my dedicated GPU, but then again it's an AMD Radeon R9 380 with 4 GB onboard memory, so if there's an issue related to GPU memory usage, it might work without issue for a long while.

Is there anything in particular that seems to cause or exacerbate the issue?

*EDIT* Just looked back over the thread and saw your original post about the issue. Don't need the info on the GPU any more.

Billy54321

Feb 24, 2018
I am having problems with the strait 11 build is still freezes up and I have to restart to even play but I dont even get to start making any money before it freezes and I have to start over with a clean slate

nemojmeje111

Nov 14, 2017
Is there anything in particular that seems to cause or exacerbate the issue?
I load the game and just scroll up and down. I don't click anything. After 30 to 60 seconds, the game will just freeze or start seriously lagging, depending on which GPU I run it at. What I noticed is that initially the game uses 700-800 MB of GPU memory and the issues start once it goes over 1000MB. That shouldn't be an issue with my integrated GPU since it can use up to 1700MB of my RAM.
CPU usage is under 30% and I've got over 4GB of free RAM, so neither of those are the issue.

Also thanks for looking into this for me.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Can someone borrow save?
A few extra credits to spend, bumped reputation and influence and some Dreads in case you want to kick some butt , plus 5 nice planets, 99 billion people on one lol. Enjoy

Reactions: Gabaw
3.70 star(s) 52 Votes