StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Thanks everyone for the bug reports and kind words!

I've been on a killing spree of bugs, and I think I've fixed all of the major issues and most of the annoying crap (like the notifications of no return and the swapping tourist/citizen visa limits). There are too many changes to comfortably list here, but 0.11 is going to be ready for deployment on Monday. I really appreciate the incredible amount of testing everyone here has done. Without your patient work (and, make no mistake, it was work), this update would have taken a lot longer and been a lot shittier.

As for the future:

I'm planning on adding a station upgrade into the next version that slows down notifications. I also reduced fertility a bit, so you should get fewer "slave born" unless you're really trying for it with factory implants (or the fertility implant, which is either going to be in 0.11 or 0.12a).

Better autosave management has been on my list for a while, but I've so far been reluctant to delete anything because of the probability of corrupted save files. That will likely change when the serialization system is a bit more stable, but for now, I recommend manually clearing the files if it becomes a problem.

Separating the economic report into something less shitty has been on my list since the economic report existed, but I'm not 100% sure how to handle that yet. When I do, it will get a lot better (it might involve graphs of stuff over time).

Jul 27, 2017
Birth control drugs would be nice. Especially if you can target slaves by profession, such a brothel workers. It's already hard to fertilize your slaves yourself.

Jomane

Jul 11, 2017
unplayable, can't take keys from mom's room or from another place if use the window for search, some hint?

wacek

Aug 6, 2017
what can you do in game to get the slaves that are afraid to lessen?
Don't fuck them(maybe just a little bit), modify and send them straight to work - all i know, some of them are obedient from start

is there any way to lower obedience?

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Don't fuck them(maybe just a little bit), modify and send them straight to work - all i know, some of them are obedient from start

is there any way to lower obedience?
You cant do anything to lessen fear, except change the save file, that's what I did

Okel

Jun 15, 2018
what can you do in game to get the slaves that are afraid to lessen?
You can lose fear by helping them up in the "fallen" event.

I have a save file breaking bug.... when you change the clothing on your "PC" he turns into a ghost, become unmarkable and every save with him like that is broken.

Also Pickpocket event is breaking the game for me for some reasons, Picked "let the citizen do with her what he wants" and the game straight up crashed.

Cant get my aliens to get pregnant, I first have to have them get pregant with a clone and after that it works on their kids.

Daishi

Jan 7, 2018
Two more games, to more examples of factions that literately can't be defeated because not all their systems are accessible.

Fake Count

Jun 4, 2017
@throwaway734 , I think the simplest temporary solution would be to have the economic report also display the amount made/spent in each category in the period between the two reports. While this would be irrelevant to people who frequently go to the map and back, as the variables that keep track of your financial data seem to reset whenever you come back from the map, this would be really useful for people who are either not to the point they can afford access to the map or people who spend a lot of time at the station.

As for economy balances (as of .11d):
  • The dairy still seems really weak, as in so weak it takes a while to pay itself off.
  • Restaurants, while not having a brothel, seem a little weak, but not too bad. However, when you start massively expanding your brothel, restaurants sort of become useless as they will never be used.
  • The economic investment option for your territories is stupidly weak unless used on planets with ridiculous amount of people. After doing some experimenting, I found that the economic investment option simply never payed off unless used on a superplanet and even then, the return on investment wasn't that great. Otherwise, territory tribute was a pretty good source of income and probably the best one for late game players.
  • The brothel, rent, and hotel incomes were pretty similar to each other when developed to roughly the same extent.
  • While less crazy than last time I commented on the disparity between the small amount of poor or middle class citizens to the overwhelming amount of rich citizens, there was still a massive gap. While I didn't need to build anymore of the poor people rooms after my first 9, I did end up needing to buy more than 10 middle class rooms. Still doesn't compare to the sheer amount of +120 rich people rooms, but it was an improvement. The downside to making the proportions of poor/middle/rich people more realistic is that would lower the amount of income rent would generate if there was no change to compensate for it.
Some features I think would be nice is to have the ability to disable the "virginity taken" events from popping up and making right clicking (instead of left clicking) on an event dismiss the event instead of opening the menu.

Regardless of all my complaints or irrelevant points, .11d was far more stable than .11b or .11c and thus far more enjoyable to mess around with. Thanks for making this game!

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Dayum. Thanks for the kind words and insane detail!

0.11 (tomorrow's release) increases the travel range, which fixes the issue with unreachable planets unless you get profoundly unlucky. It will also be retroactive, so if you open an existing save in 0.11, you will be able to reach the rest of the planets. It also fixes the issue where your save gets corrupted if you try to wear slave clothes.

I'm likely to take most of the balance feedback and integrate it into 0.12 without much review. I can virtually guarantee that you've played 0.11x a lot more than I have. If it's not right, at least nothing is getting nerfed into oblivion.

One of my feature creep issues since before release was making people need more than just brothels to stay entertained. I'll likely roll that in next time I'm playing with the AI, but not sure when that will be. Currently, the only economic reason to have a shopping district is that it's cheaper to run than a brothel if you don't have any slaves.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
So where do I send this output_log that I have? For a bug report since it looks like it references all of the textures that fail to load for me, plus probably some other stuff.

Csilla

Donor
Aug 10, 2017
Stationmaster Dev has given out another build of 0.11. Due to phrasing and file title, I believe it to be a stable release candidate for 0.11 and have listed it as a release candidate in the main post. Until we hear more I am not updating the title.

@throwaway734 let me know if you would like me to call it something in particular.

Zirnitra

Jun 18, 2017
The furniture menu keeps bugging out. Usually on the entertainment section, bars, vending machines and stuff. Then after that the "delete furniture" and "delete tile" options get broken so that whole sections will disappear, and then random furniture will get deleted in the process. This same series of events happened on both the old and new versions. I think that the system would work better if you just had a building menu instead of designating the zone first and then adding buildings as it is now.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
The release candidate is now outdated, as today's release of 0.11 fixes a bug that made it through.

As for the bugging furniture menu, I have heard sporadic reports of that since release, but have never been able to replicate, so I haven't been able to fix it. What exactly is happening when it bugs out?

3.70 star(s) 52 Votes