Miosha

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
Hey all, new update is out!

We've added more degeneracy, and you can have sex with an elf and a hellhound among things. We've also added the first permanent transformation event. There's a fair few new things, so I hope you will have fun!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Hordragg and Oxiton

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
StarwatchAcademy-0.3.7
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Miosha

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
So transformations is it happening to the main character or the other characters
There's both

How do you advance with Diane? In the codex it says:

View attachment 3279122
At the moment it requires to be in an early relationship with her, which is based on your choices during orientation (easiest way is to refuse to shake hands with Curie on Day 1, but there are other ways that keep them both). We have not yet implemented an alternative way to start it afterwards.

Reactions: Ssato243

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Hm. Not gonna lie, I was really hoping the 'experimental' formula was

Still, pretty interesting ride, and it's neat to see all the curve balls being thrown here and there in regards to the mods and general goings on.

Was kind of surprised when the father showed up but didn't make a comment about mods, given he gave the whole speech of being responsible with them back in the earlier days on the phone conversations.

Miosha

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
Hm. Not gonna lie, I was really hoping the 'experimental' formula was

Still, pretty interesting ride, and it's neat to see all the curve balls being thrown here and there in regards to the mods and general goings on.

Was kind of surprised when the father showed up but didn't make a comment about mods, given he gave the whole speech of being responsible with them back in the earlier days on the phone conversations.
We didn't really want the first permanent tf to go overboard. There's definitely more to come in that regard, including your expectation. I know a lot of players are looking for that specific one.

The father not reacting to your transformation, I assume the event happened after the transformation was fully completed and the status effects had all worn off. This is an edge case I'm aware of that happens as the meeting was implemented before this event. He will react if you're under a status effect (like temp mod), but the scene doesn't yet account for the permanent tf.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
At the moment it requires to be in an early relationship with her, which is based on your choices during orientation (easiest way is to refuse to shake hands with Curie on Day 1, but there are other ways that keep them both). We have not yet implemented an alternative way to start it afterwards.
Do you plan to implement one for people like me who are already ahead in the story, or will I have to eventually start the game again?

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
We didn't really want the first permanent tf to go overboard. There's definitely more to come in that regard, including your expectation. I know a lot of players are looking for that specific one.

The father not reacting to your transformation, I assume the event happened after the transformation was fully completed and the status effects had all worn off. This is an edge case I'm aware of that happens as the meeting was implemented before this event. He will react if you're under a status effect (like temp mod), but the scene doesn't yet account for the permanent tf.
Funky. I thought I was, but then again it was late and I was having fun exploring the content. Maybe it wore off that morning or something.

So here's a question regarding future me problems. Let's say you go with the 'permanent' TF. Does this block you out from further changes down the pipeline, or temp stuff 'researching' with zara, or is it the other way around - enabling stronger changes because your dna is becoming more flexible than a dancer at the late night club?

Content question for the pilot and story: So, going through the storyline, there's the bit where in late CH 1

Miosha

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
Do you plan to implement one for people like me who are already ahead in the story, or will I have to eventually start the game again?
Yeah, as I said previously what happens in orientation is considered as early relationships, so there will be at least another opportunity to start a relationship if you took a different path during orientation.

Funky. I thought I was, but then again it was late and I was having fun exploring the content. Maybe it wore off that morning or something.

So here's a question regarding future me problems. Let's say you go with the 'permanent' TF. Does this block you out from further changes down the pipeline, or temp stuff 'researching' with zara, or is it the other way around - enabling stronger changes because your dna is becoming more flexible than a dancer at the late night club?

Content question for the pilot and story: So, going through the storyline, there's the bit where in late CH 1
Great question, and I'm glad I can answer it!

Permanent transformations aren't exclusive, it would be shitty if you get to experience only one throughout the course of the game. What we do is make use of status effects. You probably noticed that when you use a temp mod, you get a couple of status effects and especially the frailty effect. You also likely noticed when you started the permanent tf event chain, it also applied status effects.

The system itself is extremely flexible, which is also why it was possible to start playing the perm tf event even if you were under the effects of a temporary mod. There's also a couple of cases like with Zara's mod testing where we let mods overlap (even though everything in the game states you shouldn't do it) for gameplay reasons and to respect the player's time.

There's also no plan as far as I'm concerned to gate things on a global level based on whether or not you decided to go through a perm tf. Our writing and implementations have always been flexible in that regard, perhaps sometimes even too much, but all around it's extremely difficult to get locked out of content in the game and I don't expect that to change.

As for your point in spoiler

Reactions: Laughingfox

nedryd

Oct 8, 2021
hope for an harem with my female chercters
See that, and raise you "Starwatch? More like Star Waifumon, gotta breed (and be bred by) 'em all!" One way to ensure a loyal, dedicated and well motivated crew, make 'em one big happy poly family... LOL

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
There is decidedly little 'being bred' going on thus far though. I imagine a lot of that has to do with general popularity, or the semi funky dom/sub style of the questing format. Like, it's only one option with Curie or the other; there is no switch hitting to be found.

It's early yet though! Especially with the sudden wave of body mods sabotaging the characters and crew. And there is zara, who seems pretty open to giving or receiving with the experimentation.

An aside: I tried to game the system a bit, by being approached by the noble girl in the bar while currently on the cooldown from the body mods- thus I entered as a dudebro. Unfortunately when I returned to the club under the effect of amazonia the progress in that quest was nixed, with the dapper gent was trying to ply his charm instead, effectively replacing the earlier girl.

Operation pretty space babe with pretty friends is not quite a go, just yet.

To the dev: I keep forgetting to mention this, but the ingame music is absolutely delightful. Definitely get a appropriate space chase duel vibe for scenes as pilot. It's good stuff.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Agreed! It kind of feels like out of the various cast members, aside from maybe zara, Maki is one of the few the player could take into their confidence, especially regarding their overly helpful AI.

I'm also fond of the hotshot pilot, mostly because she's pretty spicy and does her own thing as a rival for the protag, including conquests, but there's that level of game respecting game, haha.

Miosha

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
Hey everyone, new update is out!

The main story moves forward with some pretty explosive sequences, and it is now possible to work as a maid at the cafe with some surprising "benefits".

Players that missed out on Diane during orientation week now have the ability to romance her later on, and there's a whole lot other changes with the update.

Have fun!

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes