Unity Completed SpunkStock: Music Festival [v1.0] [Regulus]

4.70 star(s) 33 Votes

RegulusNSFW

Mar 21, 2021
Please don't attempt to improve your platforming segment. Instead, I would just gut it entirely. It's bad and out of place. That would be like getting through half the song list on DDR and then having to beat a Superman 64 segment before you could continue.

I'm not trying to be mean or berate you, but take a step back for a second man. You're considering dedicating time and effort to improving your out of place platforming segment while the rhythm game aspect (the main point of the game) is nothing more than clicking a steady stream of quarter notes (sometimes eighth notes) for a couple of minutes straight. Surely your resources could better be used elsewhere?

Edit: Changed some wording as I sounded way harsher than I intended.
I feel like you are jumping to conclusions. The platform section is entirely side content. It won't be mandatory content to completing the game. Given that is was the last thing added, I don't blame you for assuming it was mandatory content.

An auto mode would definitely be appreciated. Also in regards to the paltform section, I had little trouble with it but I can understand why some people might. Maybe adjusting the damage you take might help people instead of the timing? It was really fun though and I enjoyed it and wouldnt mind seeing a bit more of these in the future. If you are that intereseted in making more platforming segments then maybe you could consider turning the platforming stuff into a seperate game/spinoff in the future instead?

And on a final one I would like to request one small toggle for the game and that would be to re-enable the fertilisation sprite for the endurance runs. My current solution is to have a seperate savecode right before the options but a toggle would a bit easier.
For now, this is the only thing like this planned, as it was just a fun little section I decided to do for a cross over.

That toggle should be easy enough. I'll see about adding it when I get the time.

Reactions: nopeandnah
Jun 28, 2020
Cool game. Art is nice and very newgrounds-esque. Not much to do in it with how little the game offers for a gameplay loop. But super cool when compared to VN games. Content every update is nice but I think it would be cool to play every 3rd or 4th update so you can experience more at once rather than a single scene with some pinups every update. Least thats what I will be doing.

dickbutt00

Jun 30, 2017
I feel like you are jumping to conclusions. The platform section is entirely side content. It won't be mandatory content to completing the game. Given that is was the last thing added, I don't blame you for assuming it was mandatory content.
I liked the challenge that the platform area presents it gives a sense of accomplishment after you finish it, not your dayly platform session for braindamaged 2yo.
I have a question tho: will Samga, Pica and the door girl get a Endurance mode too?

RegulusNSFW

Mar 21, 2021
Cool game. Art is nice and very newgrounds-esque. Not much to do in it with how little the game offers for a gameplay loop. But super cool when compared to VN games. Content every update is nice but I think it would be cool to play every 3rd or 4th update so you can experience more at once rather than a single scene with some pinups every update. Least thats what I will be doing.
It definitely started development with Newgrounds as a main demographic ahah, and that's totally fine. The system we have for monthly updates may change towards the end of development, as we try to draw everything together for closing. (we are currently around 50% done the content.)
I liked the challenge that the platform area presents it gives a sense of accomplishment after you finish it, not your dayly platform session for braindamaged 2yo.
I have a question tho: will Samga, Pica and the door girl get a Endurance mode too?
Glad you enjoyed it ^^. As for the endurance: I do have plans to add Pica and Samga's Endurance modes, yes. By door girl, I am assuming you mean Faye. I do want to add her endurance mode as well, but we'll see on that one.

BanditKitty

Sep 2, 2017
I actually liked the platforming bit. That being said, I think it could use tweaks. The section to the right where you're constantly flipping gravity is fun, but the final segment goes on longer than it needs to IMO, and could be cut to around 1/2 or 2/3 the length.

The electric floor part really wasn't that bad. Maybe people aren't listening to the music? Just jump on the beat.

The "flip" animation thing is pretty cool. Good idea there.

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
Not your dayly platform session for braindamaged 2yo.
I feel attacked... honestly though, thinking about it i think the frustration stems from the switches, if you were able to switch at will (with a cooldown or have it reset when you touch the ground so you can't just float through the stage) i think it would have been much more enjoyable.

Last edited:

Ughwhy

Jun 12, 2019
Am I the only one who finds Samga's "No weirdos in my tent" comment a little weird? I'm sorry if you think I'm weird, but to be fair you did let me put next generation's opening act in your belly if that bar on the side is any indication, sooooooo... I think I've seen infinitely more intimate then whatever's in there!

Penniless Degenerate

Jan 16, 2020
I know that this game doesn't get a lot of fanfare when it only got 3 pages worth of game discussion, but come on, you would've expected someone to talk about the new version or something like last time the game even updated.

Or was it because the developer is here...? Nah, that doesn't stop F95zoners at all from pirat- I mean, playing it.

laugh

Oct 23, 2017
Imagine the game being so unnoticed that no one bothered to upload 0.6 Patreon Build till the 0.7 update
Imagine complaining about people not giving you free stuff and feeling like bumping a thread for no reason...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To save bumping the thread again to respond to the lower post. I get it I get it, I'm also generally sick of stupid comments. But you could at least put a partially constructive post about the game and then ask if someone possibly had a patreon copy to upload.

Personally I don't see much issue with a platforming section of the game, big issue I have with it currently is that it's fairly empty, long winded and boring. If it gets shortened and improved it will be a fine piece of the game.

Also I generally wait a few updates to try out a new version if I can get my hands on it, if I can't I'll just keep waiting to see if the game gets completed and If I like it enough I'll buy it. If not I'm with everyone else and I'm just a scummy pirate!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

Penniless Degenerate

Jan 16, 2020
Imagine complaining about people not giving you free stuff and feeling like bumping a thread for no reason...
What can I say, I'm a Penniless Degenerate. I'll be a dick and beg publicly also shamelessly whenever I want and it's none of your damn business.

Besides, F95zone is literally a pirate site with bunch of fucking dickheads bumping the threads with shitpost and complain about boohoo no one is uploading the game I want while I'll contribute absolutely nothing to the conversation, help the players, or even bother uploading anything.

ok I might exaggerated it a bit but like come on man I'm just trying to get this thread to talk about the new version in whatever way possible man :(

Ughwhy

Jun 12, 2019
What can I say, I'm a Penniless Degenerate. I'll be a dick and beg publicly also shamelessly whenever I want and it's none of your damn business.

Besides, F95zone is literally a pirate site with bunch of fucking dickheads bumping the threads with shitpost and complain about boohoo no one is uploading the game I want while I'll contribute absolutely nothing to the conversation, help the players, or even bother uploading anything.

ok I might exaggerated it a bit but like come on man I'm just trying to get this thread to talk about the new version in whatever way possible man :(
To be fair, you can just go to the dude's itch.io page... That's what I did! =)

kryt

Jun 21, 2017
how do i unlock ruth's endurance? i redid her song with the Ritual modifier but it still hasn't unlocked

RegulusNSFW

Mar 21, 2021
how do i unlock ruth's endurance? i redid her song with the Ritual modifier but it still hasn't unlocked
You need Ritual to actually trigger. Ritual triggers after every 50 consecutive perfects(while the modifier is active). (In future versions this number is reduced, but i am assuming you are on v0.6). If 50 seems tough, know that you technically don't need to trigger it on Ruth. You can choose ritual on any of the characters, and as long as it triggers it should count. Also, if you stack multiple Rituals, the required perfects gets reduced with each stack. ;) Good luck.

Lellii

Mar 17, 2018
How do I unlock Boba's secret hscene? Injust did all her exhibition arc.
Developer said: "There is a hint at the start of the Samga/Boba conversation mentioning a specific route leads to an unexpected ending. This is referring to the secret scene. Good Luck "

RegulusNSFW

Mar 21, 2021
ffs. it took a while to find out right combination.
Hehehe. Good Job. I honestly kinda wanted to just.. not mention the scene at all. Simply due to how people might get frustrated trying to find it if they knew about it. It was more kinda meant to be something completely random very few people would happen upon.

4.70 star(s) 33 Votes