Wolf RPG - Completed - Spiderlily [yahiruzu]

1. 4.00 star(s)

AHentailurker

Damn this game is fun.
    Absolutely brutal to downright impossible on later stages, but really fun. I've managed to beat level 2 on normal, that's the maximum I can do without cheesing it. I got pretty far in level 3 at one point, but level 4 onward ist just brutal. I did manage to beat level 5 without pausing by using the chest spell and skipping chests to walk forward securely. Stage 6 seems impossible to me. So much mulipication, plus the kanji Numerals are too much for me.

I really like the hand-drawn style, obviously looks less good, but it does have it's own charme. Scenes are pretty good content-wise, a bit shit in terms of grammar and UI, but imo the really accaessible gallery makes up for it.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

NeoGenesis

In an honest opinion I can say the game shows promise of having good animations and CG as well as a neat story like robin hood.

As for the gameplay, it could have been good but the amount of difficulty in conjunction with the time limit given makes it a bit frustrating as you would be asked to solve problems in math using 3 different number systems (Natural Numbers, Roman Numerals, and Chinese numbers)

But since there is a sort of workaround to the difficulty of the gameplay its pretty good thanks to the story and game CG being great.

Overall this could have been a great game if the gameplay stuck to using 1 numerical system.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Xol

The only positive thing I can say about this game is that the illustrations were enjoyable.

But the gameplay itself is, dare I say, downright impossible. I found a quirk I could take advantage of- clicking out of the window caused it to pause, which let me look at the minigame and think for a moment in order to determine the right answer. But of course that turned what would have been near impossible into a tedious cakewalk, for the most part. No challenge or impossible- those are your options. Not good for a game, especially when the non-impossible option is an unintended "bug".

I suppose the post-main-storyline bonus unlockables are kind of nice, but they'd be better if the translated dialogue wasn't so awful.

If someone could rip and share the images from the game, it'd negate any reason to play it. As it is, those images are the only reason I'm giving this two stars instead of one. It's not the worst game I've played here, but it's not one I can recommend either. If you do download it, get someone else's save and spare yourself the annoyance and wasted time.