Mod QSP Abandoned [Son of a bitch!] Translation Project 0.29 v0.8.2

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I get that but when and do I have to trigger. Like time, day, and at what part of their story arc?
Doubt its part of any story, its just random encounter. Like when spend time in the sauna and peek through that hole, sometimes you see the fugly wimen, sometimes not :p

vicezealot

Jul 11, 2018
When and how do we trigger Vicezealot bonus content?
Bonus scenes have no ties to the main story arcs. Just some random scenes I happen to come across that I thought might add some content while we all wait for for the next update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Jack-O

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
In hindsight, maybe I should've made the bonus scene a random alternative to that option =)
You know, what could been a fun scene there? Oh, look through hole, oh hot chick! what could happen if stick your dick through the hole? lol. (or even do it to the old wimen, for some weird shit, lol).

M$hot

May 28, 2017
@Xorgroth Quick question, since I coded this for myself, any interest in a dark theme? And I don't mean story theme, but look at the screenshot.

this19.png
If yes, let me know, and I can share my version of the style.css
If no, that's fine too! But I mean, since you're bundling all the good stuff.
Thanks for that by the way!

Reactions: VinnyB

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
@Xorgroth Quick question, since I coded this for myself, any interest in a dark theme? And I don't mean story theme, but look at the screenshot.

View attachment 168287
If yes, let me know, and I can share my version of the style.css
If no, that's fine too! But I mean, since you're bundling all the good stuff.
Thanks for that by the way!
Not bad, might have to go with more of a dark grey though, since the blue links on black make my eyes go in all sorts of crazy directions or theme out the link colors too. Though might be more difficult for those since some places in the code are explicit for certain colors.

Reactions: mineiros123

M$hot

May 28, 2017
Not bad, might have to go with more of a dark grey though, since the blue links on black make my eyes go in all sorts of crazy directions or theme out the link colors too. Though might be more difficult for those since some places in the code are explicit for certain colors.
Yeah I agree, it would be better if I could tweak the link colors, but those as far as I can tell fall outside of the CSS file. So instead of a nice persistent theme you would then have to bolt that back in on every single updated QSP.
Figured keeping a CSS file that persists through updates as the only changed location would do more for the ease.
I did try it with other colors but I found there is too much colorbleed for my taste unless you're the extremes (pure black, pure white).

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Yeah I agree, it would be better if I could tweak the link colors, but those as far as I can tell fall outside of the CSS file. So instead of a nice persistent theme you would then have to bolt that back in on every single updated QSP.
Figured keeping a CSS file that persists through updates as the only changed location would do more for the ease.
I did try it with other colors but I found there is too much colorbleed for my taste unless you're the extremes (pure black, pure white).
Might actually be able to just define the colors in the skin folder. Saw the file style.css in there had these lines starting at Line 121. I might try it myself and see if it switches.
Code:
.red{
color:red;
}
.green{
color:green;
}
EDIT: Yes, that would be the way to change the link colors. I made all red links turn purple. Then there's also that qsplib css style also. I might have to look into loading different themes. It might be mainly for Quest Navigator but would be nice if possible. Not really, might be able to edit the gameAwesomium.html file to point to another skin folder though. That way you can go back to the original skin if you don't like one. Instead of replacing files, hmm...

M$hot

May 28, 2017
Might actually be able to just define the colors in the skin folder. Saw the file style.css in there had these lines starting at Line 121. I might try it myself and see if it switches.
Code:
.red{
color:red;
}
.green{
color:green;
}
EDIT: Yes, that would be the way to change the link colors. I made all red links turn purple. Then there's also that qsplib css style also. I might have to look into loading different themes. It might be mainly for Quest Navigator but would be nice if possible. Not really, might be able to edit the gameAwesomium.html file to point to another skin folder though. That way you can go back to the original skin if you don't like one. Instead of replacing files, hmm...
I spent a bunch of time trying to find a way to build a button into the SoaB menu that would allow you to switch themes without having to reload the QSP simply by making it refer to a different CSS. But it seems to be hardwired to a specific CSS file. Hell, I can't even get it to switch CSS file with reloading the QSP. Not too hard to rename the dark theme to 'style.css' and the current style to like styleL.css, but it's still a bit of a hassle.

Awesome that you found the links though, if you have control over the color of the links you can play with the background color a bit more (like dark grey with light grey letters) without having the colorbleed. Mm, time to do some tweaking, see what I can make happen.

It seems Magenta (Apartments and another one) are called not with their CSS handle ("green") but instead with "color:magenta" which means those are colored from inside the QSP. So that would require modification OR to code the CSS to make all links magenta. I preferred

this20.png
But there is a lot you do control in the CSS. So I just went with colors that fit in scheme with blue and magenta. Idk, but this is about as far as I can push it without touching other files.

Reactions: VinnyB

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Ah sweet, that looks like a theme now. I'm pretty sure the cheat menu links are also defined within the QSP as well, having seen those myself but for the most part I'm digging it so far. Modules might be a way to edit the code without actually changing the main QSP. I didn't dig too much into it but if possible that way it would be pretty cool. I'm digging it now though, less eye strain from white.

M$hot

May 28, 2017
Ah sweet, that looks like a theme now. I'm pretty sure the cheat menu links are also defined within the QSP as well, having seen those myself but for the most part I'm digging it so far. Modules might be a way to edit the code without actually changing the main QSP. I didn't dig too much into it but if possible that way it would be pretty cool. I'm digging it now though, less eye strain from white.
Aight, well here you go then!

I did a deep dive and I managed to get some pieces working but I don't have the skill to have HTML, CSS, JS and QSP all talking to one another. I managed to get a clickable icon into the settings menu but to then make it execute the JS code I couldn't really get to fit. I know you can make QSP execute an externally defined command (like the OPENGAME that's used in the start node) But while I can connect the icon to some Java function I bolted into API.JS I just somehow couldn't grasp all the connections. So I scrapped that plan and hope someone more adept at coding is willing to give it a go. A theme switcher would be really nice.

Anyway, as it stands now, here's a theme I developed that requires no additional things done at all. Just replace the CSS file in ../standalone_content/skins/sob/css and it should persist through updates.

Sorry btw if this entirely derailed your thread, that wasn't my intent, but I wanted to do something small to add to the game experience. I've also dabbled with new custom bootscreens for the game and while it's not hard to make one or get it working, it's also lacking some usefulness. All you really need is English buttons ;)

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Nope not derailed, supposed to be a community project anyways. So I'll take input from where ever really. Considering how popular the game is, I'm sure there's a lot of mods people want to put into the game. Right now it's mainly just bug fixes and translations so I don't really look elsewhere while everyone else can find other stuff. I'll probably play around with it too and will be more than likely my default theme now, white is blinding at 3am.

Reactions: M$hot
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes