CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
what they'll probably do is stagger releases of the two games, the patreon version of the other game during SU's off month. now some people won't like that but it's a way to stabilize the income and still provide something each month without trying to do a monthly post for both.

Reactions: bacchusplateau

SmokeShank

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2016
I think you guys got the right idea. If you need more time to be able to meet the standards, and expectations of your supporters, then go for it. The only problem I can see arising from this is if after that long gap of development, people don't get the content they want. I think a great idea would be to announce the contents of the upcoming updates, and even open it up for a vote. That way supporters can have a say in who, and what they want to see more of. You're putting more power/control into your backers hands, ergo minimizing the potential discontent with each update. Yes, not everyone will be happy with certain updates, but at least you know a majority of your fanbase will be. That can also give you a general idea of where to go next with runner ups in the polls you use.
We will be running tournaments and a few other events during these off months. Also with the Newgrounds game coming out that will fill a month on it's own. If we can get another out by the end of the year we really only have 4 months of non-content per say. We want to avoid having people vote for certain characters due to the overwhelmingly popular characters get voted in. SR7 also likes to work on what ever inspires him, so if he has an idea about a character he wants to run with it. Like I said in the post, it isn't about not have the content ready to implement (it's there and ready) it's about the time it takes to implement and test.

I think taking some extra time to make larger more complete updates is a good idea. But I don't think you can expect the same level of consistent patronage month to month. I understand patreon is about supporting developers and artists, but a lot of people view it more transactionally. I think if you go to a bi-monthly release schedule but continue billing on a monthly basis you will lose patrons in the off months. You have built up a level of trust which has helped you to gain loyal patrons, but I dont know that that loyalty would extend throughout your fanbase.

Perhaps you've taken potential dips into account already, either way I think anything that leads to a better product is the best choice. Although, it doesn't really affect me one way or the other (I only pledge a few months a year) I think you should go with whatever will allow you to make the best game you can.
We are experiencing the dips already! The weak builds are very noticeable when it comes to pledges. We still are growing but people are showing us with how they pledge that good solid builds are what they desire. With this new development cycle we will avoid any technical builds, every build will have content in it. Also this seems to be the norm among h-devs lately, and we are one of the last who continue with the monthly builds (and the game is huge!).

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
this'll be interesting to say the least but in all honesty if SR7 wasn't so prideful or controlling on the game just having someone who's experienced in coding for unity would greatly speed up the process. I'll give SR7 props for starting something and wanting to follow it through completely, at the same time tho I can't say that the patreon dips are unavoidable because they are. so best of luck with the new scheme but I think the dips will continue sadly till SR7 decides to at least bring in one person in to help speed up the implementation of assets.

Reactions: RobertoCasas

RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
this'll be interesting to say the least but in all honesty if SR7 wasn't so prideful or controlling on the game just having someone who's experienced in coding for unity would greatly speed up the process. I'll give SR7 props for starting something and wanting to follow it through completely, at the same time tho I can't say that the patreon dips are unavoidable because they are. so best of luck with the new scheme but I think the dips will continue sadly till SR7 decides to at least bring in one person in to help speed up the implementation of assets.
I'm reminded of YandereDev. Yandere Simulator is probably the closest comparison to SU in terms of length of project creating a lot of code and extended features all of which require a team to come in and optimize, as well as fanbase expectations.
Too bad TinyBuild isn't an option here.

Reactions: ponyguy

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
Trying to use AssetsBundleExtractor 2.1 tells me that it is unable to read the file.

What am I doing wrong?

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
I'm reminded of YandereDev. Yandere Simulator is probably the closest comparison to SU in terms of length of project creating a lot of code and extended features all of which require a team to come in and optimize, as well as fanbase expectations.
Too bad TinyBuild isn't an option here.
can almost guarantee that when SR7 is done some ingenius fan will crack it open and further optimize it or add to it.

SmokeShank

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2016
can almost guarantee that when SR7 is done some ingenius fan will crack it open and further optimize it or add to it.
When he is done we will release the source files for sure. No need to crack it open. I hope it goes on forever once we are done.

Ixiah

Aug 17, 2016
Way to be a negative Nancy
Well, its kinda warrented considering the dribble of content every Month and to make it worse, the little they release is
distributed over so many Storylines and Events while almost nothing is done to Improve things like Code or Menu optimization.

DiroGoodboy

Oct 18, 2016
Is Luthor.... like... alergic to vaginas or something? After all this time I think it's time for more actual sex than just strips and blowjobs.

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Is Luthor.... like... alergic to vaginas or something? After all this time I think it's time for more actual sex than just strips and blowjobs.
that bummed me too, luthor needs more action..
That just meh
Killer Frost literally nicknamed herself "Cum dumpster" but you can't dump on her at all.
wasn't she castrating the men she fucked? i'm surprised luthor even tried a handjob XD

readereaper

Jan 29, 2017
that bummed me too, luthor needs more action..

wasn't she castrating the men she fucked? i'm surprised luthor even tried a handjob XD
Yeah but considering what goes down (and hopefully continues) with harley, Luthor's obviously never heard the term; "Don't stick your dick in crazy."

4.00 star(s) 154 Votes