toxicdred

Oct 8, 2021
At this point, IMO, they should start working on the threat system rather than adding more content. Otherwise, the game will continue to feel more "stale" and "easy" like an E-gallery instead of an actual brothel management game. If the whole purpose of the game is to turn superheroines into brothel hoes, it will be much more satisfying, IMO, to actually be provided with a fight and a challenge for once.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: slowpersun

Nemesor85

Jan 13, 2023
Checking the game out again for the first time in a couple months. Man I hate the Amazon island. Nearly all the art is identical and 90% of it still isn't finished or if it is it's just terrible.

I sort of wish this remained a club/brothal sim with the vault interactions expanding on what the girls would do and unlocking new art/scenes. As is it feels like way too many half baked ideas going nowhere, it reminds me of DnD campaigns from inexperienced DMs.

Laritas

Jul 10, 2023
Not a bug. Girls can't be in a few places at the same time. In my saves they are all in the cells.
To put them in the club or in the bordello from there you need to reset their devices first.
To reset device:
Lexcorp - Labs - Labs - Devices - Upgrade - Choose a girl - Reset - Reset
Note that when you're resetting a device you reset its level, and you need to upgrade its level to do more explicit stuff in the Club/Bordello.
One or two questions about this:
You can only make progress with the women when they are in the cells. Also in the story (if you like). For example, you can't get Super Woman without Wonder Woman in the cell.

But at some point there's no one left to work with because they're all in the cells.

If I restart the device so that they work again. Does all the personal progress you've made with the ladies in the cells disappear again?

How does the whole system work?

(Personally, I would like it if you could simply clone everyone).

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
Man I hate the Amazon island. Nearly all the art is identical and 90% of it still isn't finished or if it is it's just terrible.
avoid playing it then
I sort of wish this remained a club/brothal sim with the vault interactions expanding on what the girls would do and unlocking new art/scenes.
no one cares
As is it feels like way too many half baked ideas going nowhere, it reminds me of DnD campaigns from inexperienced DMs.
their half-baked ideas = 4,233 paid members

Shades

Jul 20, 2017
One or two questions about this:
You can only make progress with the women when they are in the cells. Also in the story (if you like). For example, you can't get Super Woman without Wonder Woman in the cell.

But at some point there's no one left to work with because they're all in the cells.

If I restart the device so that they work again. Does all the personal progress you've made with the ladies in the cells disappear again?

How does the whole system work?

(Personally, I would like it if you could simply clone everyone).
You don't lose progress but you do have to repay to re-upgrade the device whenever you swap.

Reactions: Laritas

ShinGouki

Oct 5, 2018
Anyone else having issues unlocking Nubia's anal scene? It's opened up in the vault somehow, but I can't get the option to unlock. I've had her dance during the day several times now, so maybe there's something else I need to do with her before the option shows up?

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
At this point, IMO, they should start working on the threat system rather than adding more content. Otherwise, the game will continue to feel more "stale" and "easy" like an E-gallery instead of an actual brothel management game. If the whole purpose of the game is to turn superheroines into brothel hoes, it will be much more satisfying, IMO, to actually be provided with a fight and a challenge for once.
Dev can draw, doesn't mean he can design a game. So far they've managed to sell a Visual Novel as a game for years, why stop now...?

toxicdred

Oct 8, 2021
Dev can draw, doesn't mean he can design a game. So far they've managed to sell a Visual Novel as a game for years, why stop now...?
My concern is mainly because the dev who is supposed to do the drawing is clearly burnt out, you can see this just by looking at the Themiscyra event. Many scenes are either unfinished or rushed, it's the same thing with the Gotham events. IMO by revamping the threat system, this wouldn't be a bad thing as it gives the devs more time to formulate a cohesive plan for the game going forward, makes unlocking cell content more challenging, and allows the artist to take the break he absolutely needs between each update.

Exocrine

May 12, 2023
I just want more animated sex in the cells. Also, since Jason Todd generated four billion in Arkham Knight by convincing all the past villains to chip in, he could just as easily do the same thing here and be richer version of Red X. Even a self-insert character (dressed up as Red X) could have a similar backstory to explain his wealth. Four billion is nothing compared to Luthor, but it would at least pay for undetectable cells and nanotech hypnotherapy.

MiKaEl90

Jun 25, 2017
From their patreon:
Hexxer - What about catwoman? She is one of the most popular and was teased months ago
gunsmokegames - Gotham additions are targeted for June at this point. Catwoman has been discussed, and we are aware of the communities wants.

I think they should consider politics as a next step, very elegant way of saying "fuck you" to someone who is actually supporting them financially. I'm amazed people still come back here and actually try to play this "game", I mean what's there to play? Just download the asset packs and give up hope already.

Post about their "plans" below. Basically saying "we will do nothing that was asked for and fuck you". Don't get me wrong, I don't blame them one bit. The people that are still giving them money though... that's another thing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

witcher123

Jun 19, 2017
the only solution to this is people just need to stop paying them. the art and gameplay hasn't changed since literally. 2016. they have been developing... a visual novel, with little to no gameplay and mechanics, copy paste bodies and artwork, a broken UI and game overall really, for the last 8 years with absolutely no major changes other than recycle'd content.

hell i don't even know why catwoman is taking them 8 years when her character design is literally the most generic black hair'd pixie cut woman you could find anywhere else in fiction. you could literally use any other short hair character from the game, dye their hair black then you already got catwoman ffs.

and i like the amazon content but jesus christ this game is never going to end. bend and break 2 is never going to happen, AAA games which people never thought about would release have come and gone in the time its taken them to make ONE visual novel.

its not even like the complete clusterfuck that was yandere sim where the dev was a literal pedo and a complete fucking douchebag. there's absolutely no excuse other than incompetence and greed to keep milking a broken game like this for 8 whole ass years.

i said it once and i'll said it again if you gotta get something just get the sprite rips n call it a day, you know you fucked up when the god damn fan edits are doing a better job with the art than you are.

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
From their patreon:
Hexxer - What about catwoman? She is one of the most popular and was teased months ago
gunsmokegames - Gotham additions are targeted for June at this point. Catwoman has been discussed, and we are aware of the communities wants.

I think they should consider politics as a next step, very elegant way of saying "fuck you" to someone who is actually supporting them financially. I'm amazed people still come back here and actually try to play this "game", I mean what's there to play? Just download the asset packs and give up hope already.

Post about their "plans" below. Basically saying "we will do nothing that was asked for and fuck you". Don't get me wrong, I don't blame them one bit. The people that are still giving them money though... that's another thing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
They've been doing this crap for years and they don't give a shit. They keep doing stupid shit nobody asked them for or even wanted (like starting a podcast, I'm sure the people paying for the game really appreciated that), and are dragging this out longer than it needs to.

witcher123

Jun 19, 2017
i don't even know what their plan is for these other SU related spin off shit when they can't even fucking finish the first game they started with why do they think they'll finish those other spin offs too? this is like lordaardvark's works. he just announces projects, delays and never finishes only to announce ANOTHER set of projects to repeat the cycle. you see this happen alot in the NSFW gaming space and its rare to see a genuinely good finished product these days

witcher123

Jun 19, 2017
They've been doing this crap for years and they don't give a shit. They keep doing stupid shit nobody asked them for or even wanted (like starting a podcast, I'm sure the people paying for the game really appreciated that), and are dragging this out longer than it needs to.
does anybody even listen to that podcast? the fuck do they talk about? i don't even get how that helps the game and what kind of updates they even give when basically next to nothing is happening.

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
the only solution to this is people just need to stop paying them. the art and gameplay hasn't changed since literally. 2016. they have been developing... a visual novel, with little to no gameplay and mechanics, copy paste bodies and artwork, a broken UI and game overall really, for the last 8 years with absolutely no major changes other than recycle'd content.

hell i don't even know why catwoman is taking them 8 years when her character design is literally the most generic black hair'd pixie cut woman you could find anywhere else in fiction. you could literally use any other short hair character from the game, dye their hair black then you already got catwoman ffs.

and i like the amazon content but jesus christ this game is never going to end. bend and break 2 is never going to happen, AAA games which people never thought about would release have come and gone in the time its taken them to make ONE visual novel.

its not even like the complete clusterfuck that was yandere sim where the dev was a literal pedo and a complete fucking douchebag. there's absolutely no excuse other than incompetence and greed to keep milking a broken game like this for 8 whole ass years.

i said it once and i'll said it again if you gotta get something just get the sprite rips n call it a day, you know you fucked up when the god damn fan edits are doing a better job with the art than you are.
People have been saying that about real games for years and nobody listen, so corporations keep churning out crap only for people to buy and them to complain about. There is nothing we can do to change people's minds that we haven't already. I have zero hope the developers of Something Unlimited will pull their heads out of their asses.

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
does anybody even listen to that podcast? the fuck do they talk about? i don't even get how that helps the game and what kind of updates they even give when basically next to nothing is happening.
I honestly thought it was a political podcast (which would be even worse) but honestly I didn't really pay close enough attention to care. These developers are just wasting everyone's time and money when they could be making a great game and building their reputation instead of all the crap they're doing.

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
i don't even know what their plan is for these other SU related spin off shit when they can't even fucking finish the first game they started with why do they think they'll finish those other spin offs too? this is like lordaardvark's works. he just announces projects, delays and never finishes only to announce ANOTHER set of projects to repeat the cycle. you see this happen alot in the NSFW gaming space and its rare to see a genuinely good finished product these days
It's sad but I've had to delete over half of the visual novels (or other adult games) from my game folder because they'll never be completed either due to them lying that they're actually working on it (like the Ecchi Sensei dev) or those devs who always reboot/remake the game after a certain point in the development cycle. How many potentially great games have we had to say goodbye to? How many characters will we never see again?

The only thing about Something Unlimited is there are still updates, updates that have nothing of substance, but updates.

4.00 star(s) 154 Votes