m0rtimer

Aug 2, 2017
Oh, one other thing - I noticed that a lot of the English is broken and incorrect. I've been a fiction writer for 20+ years and I do professional copywriting, web content and editing work. If you'd like to bring me on board to edit the game's text, I'd be happy to help!

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Oh, one other thing - I noticed that a lot of the English is broken and incorrect. I've been a fiction writer for 20+ years and I do professional copywriting, web content and editing work. If you'd like to bring me on board to edit the game's text, I'd be happy to help!
I noticed in your message that your English is extremely good. If one day that game gives some relevant money in Patreon, maybe we can think of something. For now I will keep the game in amateurism correcting errors with the help of those who volunteered (unless you want to correct some texts of the scenes just for the help).

About your considerations, I found them extremely helpful. About Lara, the protagonist's sister, I've been thinking about making her scenes optional since version 0.1. I also found her 3D model ugly (I tried to edit the face a bit to make it less ridiculous, but if I change a lot now, it will look like another character and I will have to redo all the scenes). At her first event, there was a talk about a pact they made, and my intention was for the player to choose whether to break that pact or keep it. I ended up not giving this option because I thought that maybe it was necessary that at least one of the girls was "obligatory", that is, even if the player did not do anything in the game, would still have a choice of girl to see the end. But I'm already changing my mind about it, mainly because the 50-day mode would force the player to play the game several times and it would not be good if he had to go through the same scenes every time.

By the way, I'm still thinking of a way to solve this problem. Maybe put an option for the player to skip a scene that does not want to see, since even holding PG DOWN, it still takes a long time to go through a whole scene. I think the best solution will be to implement the two alternatives. That is, giving the player the option to choose whether to get involved with their sister and, in addition, a "skip scene" button (which unfortunately is not a trivial thing to do in RPG Maker).

About work in the zone with radiation: my intention is that the place with radioactive material be the low tier job. I will put some other work that gives more money, but needs more qualification (for example, more intelligence points). I do not think much of it because, in fact, the game requires almost nothing of money and status improvement.

About Lucy ending, I found it interesting to break the game's madness and suddenly put a more emotional ending. I tried not to get too mushy.

About the animations, I use Honey Select, which comes with everything ready. So it's easy to make good animations!

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
I found the incest setup to be refreshing. That the initial incest events had already happened, and ramifications were severe (the MC being kicked out). Would've liked to have seen a (little) more "slow-burn" in the re-establishment of the relationship - optional is fine - but leave it there for us sicko's.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
I noticed in your message that your English is extremely good. If one day that game gives some relevant money in Patreon, maybe we can think of something. For now I will keep the game in amateurism correcting errors with the help of those who volunteered (unless you want to correct some texts of the scenes just for the help).

About your considerations, I found them extremely helpful. About Lara, the protagonist's sister, I've been thinking about making her scenes optional since version 0.1. I also found her 3D model ugly (I tried to edit the face a bit to make it less ridiculous, but if I change a lot now, it will look like another character and I will have to redo all the scenes). At her first event, there was a talk about a pact they made, and my intention was for the player to choose whether to break that pact or keep it. I ended up not giving this option because I thought that maybe it was necessary that at least one of the girls was "obligatory", that is, even if the player did not do anything in the game, would still have a choice of girl to see the end. But I'm already changing my mind about it, mainly because the 50-day mode would force the player to play the game several times and it would not be good if he had to go through the same scenes every time.

By the way, I'm still thinking of a way to solve this problem. Maybe put an option for the player to skip a scene that does not want to see, since even holding PG DOWN, it still takes a long time to go through a whole scene. I think the best solution will be to implement the two alternatives. That is, giving the player the option to choose whether to get involved with their sister and, in addition, a "skip scene" button (which unfortunately is not a trivial thing to do in RPG Maker).

About work in the zone with radiation: my intention is that the place with radioactive material be the low tier job. I will put some other work that gives more money, but needs more qualification (for example, more intelligence points). I do not think much of it because, in fact, the game requires almost nothing of money and status improvement.

About Lucy ending, I found it interesting to break the game's madness and suddenly put a more emotional ending. I tried not to get too mushy.

About the animations, I use Honey Select, which comes with everything ready. So it's easy to make good animations!
Meh I enjoyed Lara myself... And I had no issues with her model.

The ending scene with Lucy was nice

I am hoping there will be a ending or a option that you can get the one chicks mansion all the girls live with you in said mansion and you can knock em up ect.

jlkawaii

May 29, 2017
personally, i like tatiana. she coched my protective instinct much, i like the scene where the mc keep his word and protected her...

i'm seriously impressed by the characterization, and the scenes (the idea behind them and their presentation) of all now accessible girl.

for rpg maker, could you use subroutine or switch only ?

orcaki

Oct 15, 2016
realy good game and i like the main character
also the green friend just make him to contribute a little more to the story couz he is just a lucky to b here guy that without your proggress will not get any .
lisas mother scene was realy good

orcaki

Oct 15, 2016
I am hoping there will be a ending or a option that you can get the one chicks mansion all the girls live with you in said mansion and you can knock em up ect.
ye that would b awesome
also to raise your money just use cheat engine
make the value double and type the exact money u have buy something change value and next scan and you done

DragonWrath

Donor
Jun 17, 2017

Have you considered using Ren'py as that can allow you to fly through already seen scenes/conversations really fast, skip scenes entirely, still be able to travel to various places (like Superpowered, A Town Uncovered, Summertime Saga, etc), as well as other things (such as rollback in case someone skipped a part of the convo by accident); Or an alternative engine like Unity (like Glassix)?
If you like RPGM though even with it's flaws and difficulty (such as being able to skip a scene) then don't change it, just a suggestion in case you find it more suitable and easier to work with.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Have you considered using Ren'py as that can allow you to fly through already seen scenes/conversations really fast, skip scenes entirely, still be able to travel to various places (like Superpowered, A Town Uncovered, Summertime Saga, etc), as well as other things (such as rollback in case someone skipped a part of the convo by accident); Or an alternative engine like Unity (like Glassix)?
If you like RPGM though even with it's flaws and difficulty (such as being able to skip a scene) then don't change it, just a suggestion in case you find it more suitable and easier to work with.
At first, I thought Ren'py required Python expertise, so I dismissed the possibility before I started creating the game. Then I downloaded the program and saw that the language is extremely simplified. When I learned to use this software, I thought seriously about porting the whole Solvalley School, but then I thought better and decided to keep the game as it is, since a lot of people liked it and, in the future, create something new for Ren'py.

I'll explore alternatives to create a "skip scene" option. This is going to be more complicated than it seems, because some scenes have options that influence the course of the game (for example, the options that please Milena). Suggestions are welcome.

Reactions: DragonWrath

DragonWrath

Donor
Jun 17, 2017
At first, I thought Ren'py required Python expertise, so I dismissed the possibility before I started creating the game. Then I downloaded the program and saw that the language is extremely simplified. When I learned to use this software, I thought seriously about porting the whole Solvalley School, but then I thought better and decided to keep the game as it is, since a lot of people liked it and, in the future, create something new for Ren'py.

I'll explore alternatives to create a "skip scene" option. This is going to be more complicated than it seems, because some scenes have options that influence the course of the game (for example, the options that please Milena). Suggestions are welcome.
Fair enough :p. Will just say that if you DO want to port at some time, the sooner the better as it would mean less work/time transferring things over, however you seem to already have a ton of content (enough to put many to shame from what I'm hearing) so it might not be so simple/quick. I've yet to play it (but I'm definitely going to as I'm hearing nothing but really great things) and it definitely has my interest but I may wait until v3 to start (or I just may give in and play it shortly x'D). Also... I will be looking forward to your next creation as well (and even more so once I play through Solvalley lol).

A suggestion: If you rather like Ren'py and actually WANT to use it (since you were thinking seriously about it), you could set aside an hour a day (or every few days) and do a slow port over time, this way it won't slow down/interfere with your current work and only an hour at a time will keep it from interfering with anything else in your life as well, as that would be a far better option than the devs that take 1-2 months off development to switch engines and have 0 content updates :pokerFace:. Anyway you decide I'll be happy with it as you are one of the rare breeds of developers.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016

I already stated my suggestion let us knock these horny wet sluts up....

Last edited:
Reactions: TK8000

m0rtimer

Aug 2, 2017
About your considerations, I found them extremely helpful.
I'm really glad you feel that way! Sorry it took me so long to reply, I had this message sitting in the comment box as a draft for a few days, lol. I'd thought that I'd posted it already, but nope, totally wrote it and never sent it. Hooray for me.

m0rtimer

Aug 2, 2017
TK, I also wanted to thank you for mentioning Honey Select - I hadn't heard of it, so I tried it out today. It lets you make some really fine-lookin' avatars. I've been on 3DXCHAT for a year or so, and I use screenshots of my avatar and his sexcapades to illustrate this series of erotica/comedy/sci-fi short stories about his adventures. So I think I might be able to use Honey Select screenshots to illustrate other story series, as well. It's a good resource, thanks for the heads up :)

paladin07

May 28, 2017
does anyone know what the extra scenes are?

Here is an example of how small adjustments can make the game images much more enjoyable (right image is the one repaired). I want the whole game to have the same quality as the image on the right, but there are more than 2000 images (and probably about 200 of them need this fix!), So it's going to be a long way!
This will take a lot of time, but I'll balance the repair of the images with the addition of new scenes. For now, I've created three new scenes:

- Alex takes Aya to Lucy's pool

- Milena is blackmailed by her brother

- First meeting with Kyra

Seeya!

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
does anyone know what the extra scenes are?
What extra scenes do you mean? The ones I do for the patrons? If so, I basically provide some scenes of the game before for them, as well as some new scenes that I do especially for this. I know it's not good advertising for myself, but it's not very relevant, it's short scenes just to distract while the entire version of the game is not ready.

I'm creating better bonuses for patrons, not just little extra scenes, but mini-games made at Ren'py. The first thing I'm doing is going to be ready soon and I'll make it available to everyone, even those who are not patrons. I'll post the link here when it's ready, so you can see what the extra scenes will look like and judge for yourself.

I received some emails with links from other games that people claim to be on the same level of quality as Solvalley School, but they make lots of money, LOL! I do not know if Solvalley has the potential to make as much money as these games (I think RPG Maker has a very bad reputation), but if eventually the game attracts so many patrons, I'm going to start dedicating more on bonuses and extra scenes. Being honest, at this moment, I do not think it's worth it to "pay" on patreon just for the extra scenes (the collaboration is more to help in the development of the game).

Bye!

Jaspion

Apr 29, 2017
What extra scenes do you mean? The ones I do for the patrons? If so, I basically provide some scenes of the game before for them, as well as some new scenes that I do especially for this. I know it's not good advertising for myself, but it's not very relevant, it's short scenes just to distract while the entire version of the game is not ready.

I'm creating better bonuses for patrons, not just little extra scenes, but mini-games made at Ren'py. The first thing I'm doing is going to be ready soon and I'll make it available to everyone, even those who are not patrons. I'll post the link here when it's ready, so you can see what the extra scenes will look like and judge for yourself.

I received some emails with links from other games that people claim to be on the same level of quality as Solvalley School, but they make lots of money, LOL! I do not know if Solvalley has the potential to make as much money as these games (I think RPG Maker has a very bad reputation), but if eventually the game attracts so many patrons, I'm going to start dedicating more on bonuses and extra scenes. Being honest, at this moment, I do not think it's worth it to "pay" on patreon just for the extra scenes (the collaboration is more to help in the development of the game).

Bye!
i see, thx for the info. Good luck

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Can't wait for next update on this

This is quickly becoming one of my favorites currently.

4.20 star(s) 157 Votes