• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HTML - Society [v1.8.1] [mr.EDGE]

1. 2.00 star(s)

lolz008

I was wondering why this game got such poor reviews. Well, I could barely stomach 20 minutes of playing it, so I think it probably earned its score.

Pros
    Decent amounts of content (though you can do better yourself by just looking up your fetishes and playing other games)

Cons
    Terrible user interface
    Nonsensical writing (the creator does know how to write a coherent paragraph right?)
    Grindy

Again, I could only stomach this game for a very short time before dropping it, so the review isn't that in-depth, but at the end of the day looking at the game's image files was better than playing it, which is never a good sign. It would probably be better if the writer understood basic literary techniques and game design, and learned to string together a single coherent thought in their writing before trying to drop in a sex scene.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

brothermora

To address another comment, hints for quests are now (as of v0.2) available on the sidebar.

As for my review:

pros:
    1. Good models and scenes
    2. intuitive interface
    3. simple systems
    4. lots of content early on

cons:
    1. LOTS of bugs, some save breaking
    2. VERY grindy

I'd probably recommend waiting for a couple more releases and let the dev flesh this out. It has a lot of potential as a sandbox and could be saved, but it's in a rough place right now.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Ghostfield

Not really a bad game, it's definitely been done before and better. But it's still playable with some nice models and the grinding is pretty reasonable,

It would be better if there were some basic spellchecks. When you make Intelligence and Strength your basic stats you really should make sure they are spelled correctly. I can excuse misspellings further in the game but when you keep seeing them over and over it gets irritating.

Otherwise this could become a good game if the storytelling levels up a bit.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

beryn

You are a young guy tasked with earning money, the only thing you can't in this game is earning money.
    So after the beginning where you open a coffee shop, you are left with only an endless grind of three stats that doesn't unlock anything.

It is impossible to do the quests, there are no hints and nothing happens as you raise your stats.

You have an office, where you can make "deals", tried it 30 times in a row.
    4 ended in earning money, 10 ended in nothing, 16 ended in losing money.

This is a hard pass for anyone unless you enjoy being frustrated and wasting your time.