VN - Others - Completed - Slave Pageant [Final] [Ignition]

1. 3.00 star(s)

youmustbejoking

Slave Pageant is a dark erotic game that offers four girls with a variety of endings, including a sex-packed harem ending. Recommended for people who like harder sexual content.

Reading this description on the game's page on JAST after finishing it gives me a chuckle. Never so many untrue things been said in so few lines.

This is a vanilla VN through and through, with some BDSM scenes here and there to spice things up a bit. If you're here for Lililith level content I'm sorry to say but you're wasting your time. That's not to say I did not enjoy my time with this nukige. Quite the contrary. There are many things it as going for it.

First and foremost is our protagonist: Yujiro "Mad Dog" Mido, an asshole with a heart of gold, and a giga-chad of epic proportions. He is brash, violent, gets angry quickly and will beat up anyone who gets in his way, or who just happens to look funny at him. The pageant contest of the school he is attending has a dark secret: the winner of the pageant becomes the school's prostitute, forced to sell her body to all the rich ugly bastards. Due to a certain turn of events he manages to wrest control of the student council and thus is now the one in charge of the pageant. His plans are to train the girls personally and keep them to himself. The four contestants are:

Ryoko - the hooker with a heart of gold. She is the former pageant winner. She is a whore through and through, seemingly enjoying her status as the school #1 prostitute. She will also be your "wingman" and will help you train the other girls. However if you get to know her better you will find a very delicate soul... Her route was very good, with a very wholesome ending. Too bad you're essentially a cuck since you end up with what is essentially (very) used goods.

Sumi - the mandatory childhood friend. What else is there to say? You've been together since forever, but will your relationship go one step beyond? She is also the most innocent out of the four, seemingly unaware of the fate she is destined for. She also looks a bit like Rias which always gets extra points in my book.

Shinju - the uptight oujo-sama, who also happens to be the school's disciplinarian. Oh yeah, I'm gonna enjoy "disciplining" her. Despite her cool outside, she is actually a very dere-dere girl if you get to know her. Again, a very sweet woman that you just want to protect.

Sorami - the loud mouth tomboy. Finally a character that I didn't enjoy as much. I get what they were trying to go with her but honestly her loud nature just got annoying after a while. But the worst thing about her route is the amount of watersports scenes that come with her. She pees herself when she orgasms so like half her scenes are full of piss. Ugh.

Like I said before this isn't a dark game at all. Each story line is very vanilla and feel good, with the possible exception of Ryoko's which does touch on some unpleasant topics. My main complaint regarding the story is that the whole slavery thing doesn't really play much of a role beyond the intro. I was expecting a big showdown at the end but instead we are always treated with a very anticlimactic ending. This is especially true of the harem route which ends before it even begins! It also only comes with ONE CG and ONE scene! Wtf is up with that? I was under the impression that the harem endings need to be, if not the best written, at least the most developed! As such the harem ending actually feels like a joke ending, :/ you'll see what I mean when you reach it.

The best thing about the story is the writing, surprisingly enough. The MC is hilarious and I found myself often chuckling at his snide comments. His internal monologues are a sight to behold. He is a chad who isn't afraid to talk with women and can read the mood. I yearn for the day when protagonists like him become the norm in anime...

The choices that you get every now and again are extremely easy. Basically just pick the "good" option (which also happens to always be the first one lol) and you're set to go. For the harem ending you should consult a walkthrough though, as it requires that you pick some not so obvious options towards the end.

I liked the graphics a lot, but then again I'm the type of guy who likes the classic anime look. The music was average, as to be expected, however the voices where hilariously bad. Normally this would be a negative, but here we got some kind of Deus Ex effect, where the voices are so bad that they do a 180 and become good!

All in all I enjoyed my time with this nukige. The MC is a chad, the girls are nice (even Sorami if she would stop pissing herself all the time), the routes are cute, and the graphics are nice to look at. Overall this is a good addition to any coomer's collection. Fans of old-school will be especially well served here. Three well deserved stars.

Completing it 100% took me just under 13 hours, reading at a quick pace.