tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
I left the whole narcotics scene some 30 years ago and I haven't really kept myself up to date on the subject. But I guess, I could change Nathalies addiction to something with a little more umph, so to speak. Like... meth?
heh no not meth, meth would not only destroy her teeth but would age her so badly she'd look 40 yrs old at 18, really bad stuff for anyone to use. but weed really isn't a narcotic, it's not addictive at all, it doesn't even hit the same receptors as narcotics do. narcotics also would age the skin and destroy the teeth, plus like alcoholics they never can be free of it, just no longer using..

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
heh no not meth, meth would not only destroy her teeth but would age her so badly she'd look 40 yrs old at 18, really bad stuff for anyone to use. but weed really isn't a narcotic, it's not addictive at all, it doesn't even hit the same receptors as narcotics do. narcotics also would age the skin and destroy the teeth, plus like alcoholics they never can be free of it, just no longer using..
.t Dope seller

helion02

Aug 9, 2017
Hi there.
I didn't even remember that I had an account here, until a friend of mine found that my work had been posted within this forum. So I just had to take a peek and introduce myself as the creator of this work in progress.
Thank you for your kind words and I sincerely hope that I can live up to the expectations voiced by you.

Just to answer a few questions, off the top of my head:
I tried my hands on Ren'py, but my mind just couldn't wrap itself around it. Too much coding, and I'm not a coder, by any stretch of the term. Everything I currently do, is done without doing a single line of coding.

About the rehab thing, I know a little about alcoholics, as I was married to one for 16 years, and then ended up living with one more for another 8 years. Mary and Jocelyn didn't really reach the state of alcoholism. They "just" went out of their way to drown their sorrows - which is bad enough, don't get me wrong here.
I left the whole narcotics scene some 30 years ago and I haven't really kept myself up to date on the subject. But I guess, I could change Nathalies addiction to something with a little more umph, so to speak. Like... meth?

Thank you for finding my models "hot". I try my best to give each and everyone of them a personal touch. Mary for instance, was modelled/dialed in, after a girlfriend I had when I was 19. I toned down her tits a bit, because we all know, that things look a lot better using the nostalgic glasses.

About the assets used. Well, Daz only has so many and as I'm not a Zbrush, Blender, what-ever modeller, I have to make due with what I can afford and then make the best of it.

Anyways, I have to get going and work some more on the next update. You all have a good one.

Cheers - Kaffekop
Can you tell where the save files are located?

U

User_215882

Regarding weed. Unless youre mixing it with either alcohol or another substance like cocaine its a pretty harmless drug. Instead of rehab you could have an intervention. I've known plenty of people who spend way too much money on weed that they get themselves into trouble ruining their relationships or causing physical harm to themselves when they don't pay their dealers.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Regarding weed. Unless youre mixing it with either alcohol or another substance like cocaine its a pretty harmless drug. Instead of rehab you could have an intervention. I've known plenty of people who spend way too much money on weed that they get themselves into trouble ruining their relationships or causing physical harm to themselves when they don't pay their dealers.
this is why you find growers and make them good friends haha so you don't have to buy it....

Reactions: saolo996

saolo996

Nov 20, 2017
Hi there.
I didn't even remember that I had an account here, until a friend of mine found that my work had been posted within this forum. So I just had to take a peek and introduce myself as the creator of this work in progress.
Thank you for your kind words and I sincerely hope that I can live up to the expectations voiced by you.

Just to answer a few questions, off the top of my head:
I tried my hands on Ren'py, but my mind just couldn't wrap itself around it. Too much coding, and I'm not a coder, by any stretch of the term. Everything I currently do, is done without doing a single line of coding.

About the rehab thing, I know a little about alcoholics, as I was married to one for 16 years, and then ended up living with one more for another 8 years. Mary and Jocelyn didn't really reach the state of alcoholism. They "just" went out of their way to drown their sorrows - which is bad enough, don't get me wrong here.

Thank you for finding my models "hot". I try my best to give each and everyone of them a personal touch. Mary for instance, was modelled/dialed in, after a girlfriend I had when I was 19. I toned down her tits a bit, because we all know, that things look a lot better using the nostalgic glasses.

About the assets used. Well, Daz only has so many and as I'm not a Zbrush, Blender, what-ever modeller, I have to make due with what I can afford and then make the best of it.

Anyways, I have to get going and work some more on the next update. You all have a good one.

Cheers - Kaffekop
First let me compliment your work, so far you built a solid base for your game, you cared to give each character a coherent look regarding age and a coherent way to behave.
I also think you have all the story in your mind, another aspect that's a plus.

About rehab while it's true weed doesn't give a physical addiction it's also true it gives psychological one, so rehab can be useful and good. You settle your story in Usa, if you want you can switch weed to any Benzodiazepines as the abuse there is common.

It's just impressive what you were able to do not writing a single code line, keep up the good work!

I'm looking forward to play an update, and I hope (betting I'm not the only one here... hehe) to play it soon!

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hi again.
Thank you again for the kind words, and the update is coming along nicely.

To those who can't find save games, I have to admit, that I haven't been looking for them, and I have no idea, where Unity places them. It's a Unity thing and so far I'm happy with it.
I'm thinking that this next update will still be a "start from scratch" kind off thing, but then it should be possible to continue using old saves - hopefully (cross my fingers).

I'm leaning towards cocaine when it comes down to Nathalies addiction. It will fit nicely with her background.

The metaplot is all written at this point, and the general plots for the next four updates have also been finished. Right now I'm working on the synopsis for 0.03 as well as finishing up the dialogue for 0.02.

Well, that was it for this time around. Have a good one and skål to all the Scandinavians and cheers, to everyone else.

- Kaffekop

saolo996

Nov 20, 2017
@saolo996 It is the same in Norwegian, Swedish and Danish :)
I know, I've been in Denmark and Sweden and I know in Norway they say it as well, I was just trying to guess where he is from.
BTW thanks!
I bet it's more difficult to guess where I'm from :)

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi again.
Thank you again for the kind words, and the update is coming along nicely.

To those who can't find save games, I have to admit, that I haven't been looking for them, and I have no idea, where Unity places them. It's a Unity thing and so far I'm happy with it.
I'm thinking that this next update will still be a "start from scratch" kind off thing, but then it should be possible to continue using old saves - hopefully (cross my fingers).

I'm leaning towards cocaine when it comes down to Nathalies addiction. It will fit nicely with her background.

The metaplot is all written at this point, and the general plots for the next four updates have also been finished. Right now I'm working on the synopsis for 0.03 as well as finishing up the dialogue for 0.02.

Well, that was it for this time around. Have a good one and skål to all the Scandinavians and cheers, to everyone else.

- Kaffekop
just a tip, if you use cocaine, you should remove the part where she has some in her bags, the last thing an addict needs is the actual drug they were addicted to. while ppl are fond of saying alcohol and tobacco addiction are the same as heroin, cocaine addictions, they're not. the former can keep something from their former life around as a reminder to not do it, but the latter can't get anywhere near it without doing it. it's something to do with the particular receptors in the brain. sometimes even just talking about it is enough to send them back into it.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
My instinct would be amphetamines. They fit the "escaping the funk" motivation, kind of fit the gang aspect, are easy enough to access, sometimes lead to rehab, and aren't quite as addictive as cocaine and meth.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
My instinct would be amphetamines. They fit the "escaping the funk" motivation, kind of fit the gang aspect, are easy enough to access, sometimes lead to rehab, and aren't quite as addictive as cocaine and meth.
amphetamines are extremely hard to get nowadays.. hell they're just as hard to get prescribed as barbituates are now as well.

saolo996

Nov 20, 2017
amphetamines are extremely hard to get nowadays.. hell they're just as hard to get prescribed as barbituates are now as well.
Yep that's why I suggested Benzodiazepines. Btw, I've never seen a cocaine addicted not using it again anymore after rehab.
Sometimes they learn how not to abuse it, and/or to keep minimum levels use.
It's just what I've seen, no stats related.

There's no need in the game to name the addiction, story and rehab can be managed and still be believable even keeping this aspect general, IMHO

Reactions: letsdothisthing
4.10 star(s) 66 Votes