SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
Finally some bushes in Droid Productions games!
Waxed barbies in Paradise Lust kinda ruined immersion :ROFLMAO:

Xantoser

Apr 28, 2020
Damn what's going on with Flexible dude is working on 3 games at once (adding more content to Paradise Lust 1, developing Paradise Lust 2 and now this ? fucking awesome why not more h dev's are like this ?) similar to Siren
It's worth to mention that Paradise Lust 3 is planned.

The additional content for Paradise Lust 1 was mostly completed back in June 2023; we're just finishing it up (which takes a day or 2) and integrating any small bug-fixes before the big Steam Sales to keep it fresh, and remind people that it still exists. Steam's pretty critical for keeping the dev-team fed.

Apart from that, we slowly grew the Flexible Media team with the explicit goal of splitting it in two; about 15 months ago, the first couple of people went over (lead artist Sven Nuudes, Chase and me), and then gradually we hired up on both sides. The full flexible media team is now 3 programmers (1 dedicated to Paradise Lust, 1 on Sinners Landing, and me tracking both), 4 writers (including Chase), 2 lead artists (Sven and Chastitty), and 6 junior artists, as well as 3 contractors that also do 2D art.

2D games are just a LOT of work :) I do Love of Magic / Morningstar as hobby-games, working alone on nights and weekends, so I'm pretty aware of the difference in workload between the two.
Are you planning to expand your company further if Patreon and Steam numbers goes up? And if yes, where these resources would be used? For PL2 / SL or maybe for PL3 to develop it simultaneously?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It's worth to mention that Paradise Lust 3 is planned.

Are you planning to expand your company further if Patreon and Steam numbers goes up? And if yes, where these resources would be used? For PL2 / SL or maybe for PL3 to develop it simultaneously?
We won't ever do a "make PL2 and PL3" simultaneous thing; it doesn't make sense. That team has a core team that's worked together for 3+ years now, the lead writer knows Jack and the girls, they're staying there as long as we're making Paradise Lust games.

Similarly, we've slowly added people to the SL team; I don't think adding more people to it now would make it go noticeably faster. If we find someone amazing (we hired another animator last week) we'll look at it, but no huge growth spurts planned.

Eventually, in the longer term, we'll carve up another team, and make 3 different games in parallel (assuming things go well). That makes more sense to me than stepping on each other's toes (while things like art are inherently parallelizable, writing and coding really isn't... adding 3 more writers and 3 more coders wouldn't make the development go 3x as fast).

Xantoser

Apr 28, 2020
We won't ever do a "make PL2 and PL3" simultaneous thing; it doesn't make sense.
Ok. I'm just asking. Sometimes companies do that, especially if lot of assets are shared. In AAA world Assassins Creed was developed like that. When X part was released, X+1 part was halfway done.

EDIT: For example, artist draw some girl in swimsuit. He doesn't care where her picture will be used.

You already do that. Sophia is partially done but there is a possibility that we will see her in PL3.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Spankbank (complete save-file, with gallery unlock):

Extract the memory files directly into your save files folder and then open Spank Bank from the main menu to access the memory files. We've also added a quick.sav file from last build's content.

Location of save files folder
Windows: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/FlexibleMedia/Sinners Landing
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/FlexibleMedia/Sinners Landing
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/FlexibleMedia/Sinners Landing
Android (v11): Phone Storage > Android > data > com.flexiblemedia.SinnersLanding > files

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Did not work the 3rd spankbank would not unluck.. the second one for Tyra.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
You already do that. Sophia is partially done but there is a possibility that we will see her in PL3.
That's just lack of planning :)

Ubisoft does that because they want annual titles, with production times stretching into multiple years; staggering them (across different studios) is the only way to achieve that. We're not Ubisoft :)

Sometimes you future-proof stuff; we're right now doing "Jack hugs/pecks on cheek/french kisses..." for all the girls, because at some point we'll need them (except maybe Karen... I don't think Karen does hugging, or pecking). Some of those might not be used for a year or more, but it's easier to batch them like this.

jaunkalns

Oct 31, 2017
Windows 64-bit.
Might be experiencing a bug while fighting in the mines.
After dying for the first time and being resurrected cannot seem to finish a fight as after killing all monsters the fight doesn't end and I keep taking damage till I die again.
1706795684455.png

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Windows 64-bit.
After dying for the first time and being resurrected cannot seem to finish a fight as after killing all monsters the fight doesn't end and I keep taking damage till I die again.
View attachment 3315513
That DOES sound like a bug. Could you get me the player.log file? It'll be here:

Windows: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/FlexibleMedia/Sinners Landing

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Windows 64-bit.
View attachment 3315513
Are you playing paid release? As soon as I defeated the boss in the ore cave end of game could not do anything else... could not even talk to anyone in town or camp site. Basically end of game...

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks, but honestly, I have no idea about how to do that after putting it into terminal ‍♂

This is just Apple making it as painful as possible for people to download stuff that's not from the AppStore (where Apple gets their 30% cut)

Reactions: Cheldo23
4.50 star(s) 4 Votes