RPGM WIP Shisaye's Project List

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
What do you mean by context system?

For parsing, I had the same exact issue with the Translator++ parsers being sub-optimal for translation.

Sugoi in particular would often produce a result comparable to Google when parsed properly, but the Translator++ parsers would often break lines into very small chunks that made it impossible for Sugoi to tell what the context is. That meant going back to the raw source and manually rebuilding the untranslated string to get Sugoi to produce usable output because the parser broke it into unusable little chunks.

Instead of getting more into Translator++, like you have, I ran the other way and chose to only use it as an external tool instead of getting involved in its internals. The GPL license allows to be forked and distributed (minus the branding), but unless someone else is going to make it their full time project, then it is not really worth doing so because the project is under active development.

Yes, please! If I can use it on an MV/MZ game to see how it works, then I can better understand how it should be working for VX Ace and can dive into the internals to see if it is a fixable issue or if the problem warrants a completely different approach.

What I meant was that I am not sure what your local hardware looks like.

Unless you train your own NMT models or otherwise update the sentencepieces model, Sugoi will never really improve on its own. The use of dictionaries to fix input/output is more of a band-aid fix than anything helping Sugoi improve its underlying quality. That drawback of being stale, not improving on its own over time, makes it worth looking into different approaches to translate text from Japanese or at least train your own models based upon the the model Sugoi uses or JPCrawl.

The other approaches available right now are to use Large Language Models, overt AI, which are a linear extension of NMT technology but can consider arbitrary context information when translating and are familiar with a wide range of topics, as opposed to being focused on translation. Basically, this is the GPT, and Meta's Large Language Model AI (LLaMA) however, it is now possible to run these AI models locally, fully offline just like Sugoi. The leaderboard I linked to lists several models able to work this way like Minstral8x7b, Tulu-2-DPO, and Yi-34B.

If your hardware is high-end enough to run Sugoi with GPU acceleration, then getting it to work with KoboldCPP and an LLM would likely also be doable so it might be worth doing a quality comparison check. There are also LoRAs for text-to-text models which are like extensions to a base AI model that allows that models to specialize in a particular task, like translation. I have not found any LoRAs suitable for JPN->ENG translation but I also have not looked very hard and, due to recent advances in the field, it is possible to train LoRAs on consumer grade hardware. But again, I am not sure what your local hardware situation looks like.

If it is low-end enough that running KoboldCPP is not really viable, then DeepL would be the better option to look into because DeepL is also allowing context and other AI-like features to be used with their API for free, although they might start charging for it later.

For your dictionaries, I am not sure what format they are in, but all of your current dictionaries should be forward-compatible with both KoboldCPP and DeepL meaning that you can benefit from creating them and the work that was put into them even if switching translation engines. If they are not forward compatible right now, then it would be trivial to write a parser to convert them into a format usable by DeepL or in a more generic spreadsheet format to allow them to be used with KoboldCPP or another LLM interface.
I'll PM you about it.

xricacire4

Feb 5, 2024
RJ158929 リント・ルクローズ ~聖盾の騎士~

Cannot post links as a new member. Translation for this please. Thank you.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
RJ158929 リント・ルクローズ ~聖盾の騎士~

Cannot post links as a new member. Translation for this please. Thank you.
I'll look into it, but it might take a while because that game is running on old VX Ace and that tends to cause issues.

Generally in forums you can circumvent link posting restrictions by adding spaces.
Like this:
https ://f95zone . to/threads/translation-request-lint-lucrose-knight-of-the-holy-shield-rj158929.97714/
https ://www . dlsite . com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ158929 . html

Edit: This has about 5 times the amount of text of a normal game.
I will basically have to trust the automation, there's no way I can check all that.

Last edited:
Reactions: xricacire4

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hey can you translate this game? RQ looks dead unfortunately https://f95zone.to/threads/second-try-translation-request.141859/ .
Erm...
wha.gif
That Translation-Request thread is for Ryorin Gakuen (RJ112895), which according to the description on dlsite, as well as the trial version, is a game running on VX Ace.

The Pixeldrain link you posted (ESG-002591.rar) has a folder inside called "RJ126671" and is a game running on "NW.js" (Node Webkit).

As far as I understand it, what you posted is some kind of "ADV" version (whatever that means), which was removed from dlsite for some reason.

I could only work on the RPGM version, but I cannot find any download links for it.

Last edited:

pitay46095

Nov 18, 2021
Erm...
View attachment 3377892
That Translation-Request thread is for Ryorin Gakuen (RJ112895), which according to the description on dlsite, as well as the trial version, is a game running on VX Ace.

The Pixeldrain link you posted (ESG-002591.rar) has a folder inside called "RJ126671" and is a game running on "NW.js" (Node Webkit).

As far as I understand it, what you posted is some kind of "ADV" version (whatever that means), which was removed from dlsite for some reason.

I could only work on the RPGM version, but I cannot find any download links for it.
Apologies, fixed it. Was searching through so many links on anime-sharing that I was happy one of it worked, since most links are dead from 2013 lol.

This time I checked the filesize and it matched, from the looks of it ADV means demo? Game ~179 MB & Demo ~239.6MB.

Also I've donated on your buymeacoffee profile for an improved manual tl.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
This time I checked the filesize and it matched, from the looks of it ADV means demo? Game ~179 MB & Demo ~239.6MB.
"ADV" means "Adventure (game)," though it's important to note that in Japan the genre typically refers to what Westerners would consider Visual Novels. Things like Myst are also called adventure games, though that style of game makes up a much, much smaller market share.
Since an ADV or RPG can both serve as a wrapper for a CG set, some devs will release variations of the same content. Import a CG set into TyranoScript, add some scene transitions, and now it's an ADV. Force the player to walk around to find the scenes and now it's a RPG. Maybe add some combat too, but there are also "exploration-style RPG," which Westerners would likely also classify as VNs.

Reactions: Entai2965

muz2020

Nov 27, 2020

This one is made by the dev of curse of kubel Check out the trial version and follow the dev on ci-en
if anyone have time can anyone of you translate the stat page of the tutorial of this game

Trecore

Aug 7, 2019
Erm...
View attachment 3377892

Do you have discord? I wanna see the game that you already translated that some of it may get strike by rules 7.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Do you have discord? I wanna see the game that you already translated that some of it may get strike by rules 7.
I do not use discord. I'm not a fan of their policies.

And I'm sorry, but I don't really understand the second sentence.
I translated a game that violates the rules? Which game?
Or do you mean you want me to translate a game that might violate them?

If you want to confirm whether or not a game violates rule 7 you could ask staff using the ticket system.
1709684655509.png

SylvieRose

Jan 27, 2021
His grammar is a bit off but he clearly said its a game you "already translated"
Did any of your games ever got removed because rule 7? iirc that rule only bans games REALISTIC depictions of minors so I don't think such game exists in your list of TLs to begin with

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
His grammar is a bit off but he clearly said its a game you "already translated"
Did any of your games ever got removed because rule 7? iirc that rule only bans games REALISTIC depictions of minors so I don't think such game exists in your list of TLs to begin with
I'm really confused which one he could mean though.
I do not take requests for games that violate the rules of this forum.
And even if I did "for some reason" accept such a request I wouldn't be posting it openly in a thread...

Edit: Then again it's not like I actually play most of these games, so there's a chance I just missed some sketchy scene in one of them.
But then I still wouldn't know which one, because you are not told when something is removed.
There's no notification or something like that.
And I have over 300 posted projects...

Last edited:

abane

Apr 18, 2017
Hey Shisaye,

I'd like to make a request, but I fear it might be another "quirky" one," it's

https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...marter-than-this-why-is-this-happening.26289/

A user on ULMF made significant progress with a translation, but ultimately gave up. The reason being, it seemed the text was in separate files that loaded when the events played...? You know what, here's a link to their post:

I'm assuming the issue talked about is "quirky," but hopefully not bad enough to prevent a good enough mtl. Although, he does bring up spacing too...

And here is his mega link for their translation thus far:

The DL links over work.

I'd appreciate it, but I can understand if this one's a no from you, though.

• Hey there
Reactions: derakino999