RPGM WIP Shisaye's Project List

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
That game came out today. :(
1696179718143.png
Please give the dev some time to fix bugs. Also give it some time for potentially a proper translator to pick it up.
What about this translation?
https://f95zone.to/threads/dark-bea...s-saintess-v2-1-golden-cat.34122/post-4394820
Also is there a Translation-Request thread?
Edit: I would also like to mention that I specifically meant my own projects. Replacing a MTL of someone else with a different MTL is bound to cause drama. Unless they're not even on this site anymore or unable to make their MTL run properly.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019
  • Haha
Reactions: derakino999

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
The translation is bread bread bread and make my brain hurt, and it's complete it just that the mtl is really bad when i test this game
Fine, show me an existing, or make me a new, Translation-Request thread for that game, and I'll work on it.
I do not want to deal with that game thread.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I need some opinions regarding the display of noises.
Let's say there's a loud slapping noise.
Should that be
*Slap!*
or just
Slap!
?
Or if it's about the twitching of a peen.
Should that be
*Twitch!* *Twitch!* *Twitch!*
or just
Twitch! Twitch! Twitch!
?
Basically should a noise or movement description have ** or not?
And if it should have ** how far does that go? I mean it's seems obvious that Ohhh and Ahhh are dialogue and not "just" noise, but for example what about a "Grooan" growl type scream in the distance. Is that dialogue or "just" a noise?
*Groooan!* ?

Edit: "", or '' are not an option because that breaks too many scripts, and the non-breaking versions would look really out of place.

Edit2: Sugoi mostly uses ** but it's not really consistent. it seems like if its just a simple "twitch" it spits out *Twitch*, but if theres a bunch of modifiers on it it suddenly spits out Twiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch without **.
Since I'm mostly replacing the long versions that more often than not crash Sugoi, I guess I should be adding ** for consistency?

Edit3: I guess I'll go like this,
if the sound is not just flatly stating itself, but emulating a sound made by vocal cords, a speaker, magic, or other "exerts dialogue" plot device, no ** around it.
If the sound is made by anything else, it has ** around it.
(Meaning Groooan! does not get **.)

Edit4: Btw, reminder that English is not my native language and I do not live in an English speaking country...

Last edited:

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
hmmm
whatever goes for me really, but probably can take notes from fan translated doujins on nhentai and see how they handle those

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
Here I'm going to collect my "mosaic removal" mods so I can link to them from my signature.

I've been debating whether or not it would be a good idea to put them here, because they are not really translation related, but I just don't think they warrant a whole new thread for such a small list.
Just in case people don't even know they exist, because unlike my DMTL stuff there's barely a response when I post one of these and I'm actually more proud of these than most my DMTLs.

Two horns PC /Android/MacOS Dlsite/Itchio v1.3.0
https://f95zone.to/threads/itch-io-two-horns-pc-android-mosaic-removal-mod-shisaye.109838/

Oniga town of the Dead PC /Android/MacOS Dlsite/Itchio v1.3.0
https://f95zone.to/threads/itch-io-...c-removal-and-supporter-items-shisaye.167659/

RJ424502 Make the impertinent schoolgirl understand with cheat notes v22.10.19
https://f95zone.to/threads/maker-her-understand-with-cheat-notes-v22-10-19-yuki-mango.167488/

The NPC sex a NEET 2 dlsite v1.5
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-npc-sex-a-neet-2-mosaic-removal-mod-shisaye.101509/

The NPC sex a NEET 3 dlsite v1.0
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-npc-sex-a-neet-3-mosaic-removal-mod-shisaye.101802/

The NPC sex a NEET 4 dlsite v1.0/1.5
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-npc-sex-a-neet-4-mosaic-removal-mod-shisaye.102545/

Captive of Evil v1.0
https://f95zone.to/threads/captive-of-evil-mosaic-removal-mod-shisaye.136089/

Bunny Girls Don't Give Up dlsite v1.14
https://f95zone.to/threads/bunny-girls-dont-give-up-mosaic-removal-mod-shisaye.101921/

Kamishiro Itsuki's Election dlsite v1.03
https://f95zone.to/threads/kamishiro-itsukis-election-mosaic-removal-mod-shisaye.104967/

Futanari Alchemist Triss Is Horny For Sex! dlsite v2.00
https://f95zone.to/threads/futanari...ny-for-sex-mosaic-removal-mod-shisaye.102045/

Slave Training - Elite Female Student Council dlsite v1.0
https://f95zone.to/threads/slave-tr...nt-council-mosaic-removal-mod-shisaye.115105/

Katie The Possessed v1.03
https://f95zone.to/threads/kati-the-possessed-mosaic-removal-mod-shisaye.101437/#post-10448572
Thanks for working on these! I just wondered if you'd done one / intended to make one for Chris Survival?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Thanks for working on these! I just wondered if you'd done one / intended to make one for Chris Survival?
I haven't worked on mosaic removal in a long time and I still do not have a proper automation for it.
My entire focus when it comes to pictures was lately just on trying to detect and translate text.

Most of my attempts at mosaic removal in the past were just DeepCreampPy and then manually editing them in Photoshop.
But that is very tedious and I'm not a good artist, which is why generally taking requests for that is not realistic.
And I also do not have the time to work on a proper system right now, I'm in the middle of massive changes to my translation system.

But Chris survival actually has a pretty easy artstyle and I don't think it had that much content, so I guess I'll investigate the files, to see if that's remotely realistic right now.
No promises.

Edit: Not much content I said... there's over 2000 pictures. :HideThePain:
I forgot there's clothing and semen amount variations.

Edit2: Finished sorting. There's 1246 pictures with mosaic censorship. Even if I would only need 2 minutes per picture, which is pretty unrealistic, that would be 41.5 hours of work.
I'm sorry but that's definitely not a realistic project to do right now. You have to remember I do this for free...

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Artix0

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
I haven't worked on mosaic removal in a long time and I still do not have a proper automation for it.
My entire focus when it comes to pictures was lately just on trying to detect and translate text.

Most of my attempts at mosaic removal in the past were just DeepCreampPy and then manually editing them in Photoshop.
But that is very tedious and I'm not a good artist, which is why generally taking requests for that is not realistic.
And I also do not have the time to work on a proper system right now, I'm in the middle of massive changes to my translation system.

But Chris survival actually has a pretty easy artstyle and I don't think it had that much content, so I guess I'll investigate the files, to see if that's remotely realistic right now.
No promises.

Edit: Not much content I said... there's over 2000 pictures. :HideThePain:
I forgot there's clothing and semen amount variations.

Edit2: Finished sorting. There's 1246 pictures with mosaic censorship. Even if I would only need 2 minutes per picture, which is pretty unrealistic, that would be 41.5 hours of work.
I'm sorry but that's definitely not a realistic project to do right now. You have to remember I do this for free...
Not a problem at all, thanks for looking into it anyway!

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
I need some opinions regarding the display of noises.
Let's say there's a loud slapping noise.
Should that be
*Slap!*
or just
Slap!
?
Or if it's about the twitching of a peen.
Should that be
*Twitch!* *Twitch!* *Twitch!*
or just
Twitch! Twitch! Twitch!
?
Basically should a noise or movement description have ** or not?
And if it should have ** how far does that go? I mean it's seems obvious that Ohhh and Ahhh are dialogue and not "just" noise, but for example what about a "Grooan" growl type scream in the distance. Is that dialogue or "just" a noise?
*Groooan!* ?

Edit: "", or '' are not an option because that breaks too many scripts, and the non-breaking versions would look really out of place.

Edit2: Sugoi mostly uses ** but it's not really consistent. it seems like if its just a simple "twitch" it spits out *Twitch*, but if theres a bunch of modifiers on it it suddenly spits out Twiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch without **.
Since I'm mostly replacing the long versions that more often than not crash Sugoi, I guess I should be adding ** for consistency?

Edit3: I guess I'll go like this,
if the sound is not just flatly stating itself, but emulating a sound made by vocal cords, a speaker, magic, or other "exerts dialogue" plot device, no ** around it.
If the sound is made by anything else, it has ** around it.
(Meaning Groooan! does not get **.)

Edit4: Btw, reminder that English is not my native language and I do not live in an English speaking country...
I was thinking about this recently for one of my projects, so I figured I'd chime in:
In general, I've decided to just use asterisks around the sound: *slap* *squish* *bang*
It did look kind of weird with an exclamation point inside (*slap!*), but I can't really leave it out since I'd like there to be a difference between hard and soft slaps... and then I remembered I can just use capital letters to get the point across (*SLAP*). If it's something actually making the sound (like a dog barking) instead of just a sound effect then I leave the asterisks out. Sooo... basically the same as what you decided. It really is just a style choice though; there's no definitive method.

Reactions: Shisaye

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I was thinking about this recently for one of my projects, so I figured I'd chime in:
In general, I've decided to just use asterisks around the sound: *slap* *squish* *bang*
It did look kind of weird with an exclamation point inside (*slap!*), but I can't really leave it out since I'd like there to be a difference between hard and soft slaps... and then I remembered I can just use capital letters to get the point across (*SLAP*). If it's something actually making the sound (like a dog barking) instead of just a sound effect then I leave the asterisks out. Sooo... basically the same as what you decided. It really is just a style choice though; there's no definitive method.
Thank you for the input.
I'm forced to go with the *Slap!* method instead of *SLAP*, because SugoiV4 never uses capslock, ever, and so my pre-made inserts would look jarringly out of place, unless I would seriously manage to cover every sound in existence and I don't think that will ever happen.
I'm only at 473 variations so far, and I don't think trying to cover everything would even be a good idea, because the more I flatly replace the more context is lost for the AI.
The main goal of this is just trying to fix the sections in which Sugoi breaks completely and the output just cuts off, or when it spits out stuff that makes no sense in English. (Like "Jububububu" for someone audibly breathing. :KEK:)

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Another thing to gather opinions on, because it keeps coming up.
I have a rule that I don't work on stuff that hasn't been released for 2 months, yet.

The main reasons for that were that my system did not allow game updates. (I always had to redo the entire translation including manual edits to scripts for even a small update.) And that I want to give manual translators a chance to pick up the game because the argument was, that a MTL existing would lower the chance of that happening.

With my new SLR system game updates aren't really an issue anymore. Once I have translated a game successfully once doing it again is now much faster. Not quite pressing one button fast, yet, but updates aren't really an issue anymore.

As a result it's now pretty much just about the manual translator bit.

TLDR: Should I keep the 2 month delay rule? Or should a direct request be enough to ignore those concerns?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: derakino999

yurum

Jun 2, 2018
Another thing to gather opinions on, because it keeps coming up.
I have a rule that I don't work on stuff that hasn't been released for 2 months, yet.

The main reasons for that were that my system did not allow game updates. (I always had to redo the entire translation including manual edits to scripts for even a small update.) And that I want to give manual translators a chance to pick up the game because the argument was, that a MTL existing would lower the chance of that happening.

With my new SLR system game updates aren't really an issue anymore. Once I have translated a game successfully once doing it again is now much faster. Not quite pressing one button fast, yet, but updates aren't really an issue anymore.

As a result it's now pretty much just about the manual translator bit.

TLDR: Should I keep the 2 month delay rule? Or should a direct request be enough to ignore those concerns?
I say keep the two month delay. It'll give TLers enough time to sort through what they want to work on and 'claim' any longer ones. But then again, with Dazed making his GPT public, any popular enough game will get an mtl within those two months (and I don't mean to throw any shade or blame at him, he respects it when manual TLers claim a game and backs off).

At the end of the day, it's up to how principled you are I guess. Piracy isn't really the place for morality.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Keep the two month delay. It'll give TLers enough time to sort through what they want to work on and 'claim' any longer ones. But then again, with Dazed making his GPT public, any popular enough game will get an mtl within those two months (and I don't mean to throw any shade or blame at him, he respects it when manual TLers claim a game and backs off).

At the end of the day, it's up to how principled you are I guess. Piracy isn't really the place for morality.
This isn't "really" about principles.
It's the same reason why I keep adding the whole "this is not a proofread format please don't use it for a game release thread" bit.
I just don't want to deal with drama.
I do this for free, in my free time, and I'm effectively even loosing money doing this.
So I don't really have the desire to be yelled at by entitled kids in addition to that.

But of course it's also stupid to keep denying requests, keep disappointing people.
The vast majority of those denied requests never come up again 2 months later.
So I assume they've either completely gave up on the game which defeats the purpose of my format, or they've used some shitty MTL source like svs instead and had a bad experience.

I'm really not sure if the "chance" of someone no longer being motivated to work on a game really justifies that.

Yui Kozuka

Dec 19, 2021
This isn't "really" about principles.
It's the same reason why I keep adding the whole "this is not a proofread format please don't use it for a game release thread" bit.
I just don't want to deal with drama.
I do this for free, in my free time, and I'm effectively even loosing money doing this.
So I don't really have the desire to be yelled at by entitled kids in addition to that.

But of course it's also stupid to keep denying requests, keep disappointing people.
The vast majority of those denied requests never come up again 2 months later.
So I assume they've either completely gave up on the game which defeats the purpose of my format, or they've used some shitty MTL source like svs instead and had a bad experience.

I'm really not sure if the "chance" of someone no longer being motivated to work on a game really justifies that.
As for me do which suits you best