VN Ren'Py Shards of the Past [v0.3.1] [Garou24]

4.90 star(s) 17 Votes

Werewolf699

Jan 14, 2018
VERY Solid Start!!

For my preference, animations are an extra. The key is having a good story. Much like Pixar in the beginning, they made a good story that all ages could appreciate. The Marvel movies up through Infinity Wars: Endgame were all story driven, and very popular as well.

The images are top notch. I like the fact I cannot tell if they are standard models. The lighting goes a long way towards making the scenes more believable.

As for the journal, the handwriting was a little thin for my preference. At first I had to concentrate to read it, but it got easier quickly.

JJJ84
When the player goes to the Journal, the updated entry is highlighted........ in gold?
With that, the player will know exactly which part to start reading (cause it's highlighted in gold, or whatever color), and don't have to sift through entire paragraphs to know where to read the Journal from.
And when the player exits the Journal, the gold highlight is gone, and the cycle repeats with each Journal update.
I like this idea of an entry in Gold until you've read it. But I might go one step further and say to date the entries as to when they were updated. You could add the date prior to the paragraph, or add a dated page for each update.
I do think that if the Journal doesn't contain information or insights that the MC has regarding someone or a situation that you might not get in the game, it won't be of much use.
On the other hand, while the journal may not be necessary immediately after you played it, it may come in handy in future updates where you might need to refer back to things.

s3xxxypig6669

Feb 4, 2023
I don't think it's glitchy, I think the Dev has it disabled on choices.
I tried an older version of unren but it didn't work either.

Nevermind... The newer version of unren works fine and you
can enable rollback if you want.

Cheers
I wonder why he’d purposefully disable a crucially useful feature

UnRen?
Is that the same as Universal Ren’Py mod?

Mipecio

Oct 3, 2021
Great update! I really appreciate the work you put into the choices you allow the player to make.

HerkkuPeukku

Jul 12, 2023
I don't know if I'll play the next update, as I've already skiped half the game. There's something about that shitty Branson that made me force myself to press the CTRL button. There's something about it that I can't stand. Something I don't want to leave my women near, something I can't stand without my knuckles getting all tingly. If the next update contains that shit, then I'll have to put this game on ignore, because there's no point in just skipping it.

Then there's one more annoying feature. Rollback is not enabled in the choices. I had to dig up a devcheat file that puts all features in ON mode.

Troz3

Jan 25, 2020
Nevermind... The newer version of unren works fine and you
can enable rollback if you want.
I've never used unren before. I installed it in the game directory and can now open the console. Would some kind person care to post instructions for a complete beginner on what to do now to enable rollback? Many thanks.

majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
Quickly, write in some big-tits from the past humans, some virus or whatever. There's time! There's time to add big-tits!

• Angry
Reactions: Abhai

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Shards of the Past [v0.2.0] Unofficial Android Port + LaikDink's WT/Cheat Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 279mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Android Port Updated..

Mar 29, 2021
That's really great to hear. Personally if I had to choose between solo romantic path and harem I'd always go with solo, especially if it's done good. If there are few girls, not a problem to replay the game, even more interesting.

Good luck with a game.

Also, I probably missed, but will it be released on steam?
If I can choose, I'm generally more of a harem guy myself, but that's just me :D

Anyway, the Steam page of the game has been published a couple of hours ago, also, the first post has been already updated too with the link: ;)

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021
Thanks Zoltan Redbeard ! Yes the steam page is live and set for early access. That way if anyone is interested in buying it, they just purchase once, no need for different volumes or chapters sold separately. I could probably use a better trailer, I put that one together during my lunch break the other day :) but if anyone wants to show support through wish listing the game, I would greatly appreciate it!

Meanwhile I have been busy writing and rendering for the next update. Here are a couple images I did last night for a flashback scene where your character and Qinara first meet.

ch3_beach_036d.png
ch3_beach_047d.png

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
It is a flashback of Qinara(elf) telling the story of how she saves your character's life. Nothing too spicy :)
Bangin' will have to wait, then. :)
One thing though: what is MC's "profession"? The game is obviously heavily Witcher inspired, is he a mercenary/monster hunter/have any extraordinary abilities? Half elven ( though passes as human)?
Unless it's revealed intentionally in later chapters, ofc.

Reactions: İlke Kurtluteoe

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021
Bangin' will have to wait, then. :)
One thing though: what is MC's "profession"? The game is obviously heavily Witcher inspired, is he a mercenary/monster hunter/have any extraordinary abilities? Half elven ( though passes as human)?
Unless it's revealed intentionally in later chapters, ofc.
Take a cup of Witcher, stir in some Game of Thrones and then top with a little Dragon Age Origins. Add titties as a garnish.

This upcoming chapter 3 will give you more insight into your character's origin.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Take a cup of Witcher, stir in some Game of Thrones and then top with a little Dragon Age Origins. Add titties as a garnish.

This upcoming chapter 3 will give you more insight into your character's origin.
:D
You had me at Dragon Age: Origins.
Well, and titties. (. )(. ) that too.

Ok, and Witcher (game not the show) as well.
And I guess GoT (as long as not last few series).

I may wait for some more content before diving in, but I very much like what I see here.

4.90 star(s) 17 Votes