Ren'Py Shag the Hag 2 (Game Development Thread)

Grymlocke

Aug 9, 2021
So, is a 2022 release date still realistic? Because, man, I never expect too much from NSFW games, and Shag the Hag was no different, but it ended up being one of my favourite NSFW games ever.

And then I promptly forgot about the plans for a sequel until last month, where I learned about the original planned release date for October, and that familiar impatience that comes with highly anticipated games being close to release started plaguing me again.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
So, is a 2022 release date still realistic? Because, man, I never expect too much from NSFW games, and Shag the Hag was no different, but it ended up being one of my favourite NSFW games ever.

And then I promptly forgot about the plans for a sequel until last month, where I learned about the original planned release date for October, and that familiar impatience that comes with highly anticipated games being close to release started plaguing me again.
probably not realistic at this stage, but not for lack of working on it, i promise. :) there's a lot more content. like, a lot.

i'm at around 570 renders in atm and still not ready for release.

but the UI is done, and most of the code for things like combat, shops etc. i'm also trying to add fishing in. because nothing wrong with fishing.

i had a bit of a loss of rendering time thanks to some driver issues back in november (NVidia broke Daz for almost a month), but I'm back to rendering every day. :)

Shouldn't be too far into 2023, though. I could possibly release some of it before end of year, but I just don't want to release a half-finished game ever again.

LbM-93

Mar 10, 2018
Hey, can I leave a little suggestion? Hope you take it badly!

You say you could make an earlier release before the end of the year. Maybe if you think you could launch a decent game we could have 2 or 3 months of drooling over your awesome content! Maybe even get some feedback over the game that could be helpful to you for the rest of the development.

Just a thought, keep up the great work!