4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

rahulmister60

Jul 1, 2021
hey, does anyone know the name of the game that is very similar to this one in respect to character models, maps and fight concepts. I remember playing it long back, It was basically about a queen that's attacking and the MC decides to overthrow her, he meets multiple ppl on the way and they struggle to stay alive and get humiliated by multiple female soldiers.... please let me know if this rings a bell

dr4gonfly

Mar 4, 2019
hey, does anyone know the name of the game that is very similar to this one in respect to character models, maps and fight concepts. I remember playing it long back, It was basically about a queen that's attacking and the MC decides to overthrow her, he meets multiple ppl on the way and they struggle to stay alive and get humiliated by multiple female soldiers.... please let me know if this rings a bell
heelfall?

Reactions: TrickyL

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Does anyone have pointers for mission 7?
Look at enemy range, position your unit just outside of them, and hide your archer behind cheap villager. This way your valuable unit can hit without being hit and if your villager die they can be reaplaced.

MarioChief

Dec 13, 2020
Look at enemy range, position your unit just outside of them, and hide your archer behind cheap villager. This way your valuable unit can hit without being hit and if your villager die they can be reaplaced.
That's what I've been doing the knights just go around the villagers and have larger range compared to the archers. It's also unfair that it seems like no matter what enemy soldiers of the same class are just stronger or have better defense.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
That's what I've been doing the knights just go around the villagers and have larger range compared to the archers. It's also unfair that it seems like no matter what enemy soldiers of the same class are just stronger or have better defense.
On the south you can bait the first kngith to go in range of your archer turn 1 then mind control her.
On the east you have to make a wall with your villager to protect your archer in the corner, you can do that while also capturing the village.

Last edited:

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I just updated the OP with version 0.5a, it has been available for a while on my patreon but I was really busy and didn't update the link everywhere until now, sorry about that.
0.51 will be avaiable the 15th for patrons and 31st for everyone else.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: LAKueiJin

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Oh nice, the danger area can be seen now. That'll make positioning units just outside of the enemy's range a lot easier. ...But of course it's introduced in a stage where the enemy leader can fuck with their units' movement range.

The knight's description in the barracks calls it "A cheap infantry unit", which is... very inaccurate. It seems to be using the villager's description.

Dark Gift still says "My message" when you try to use it.

Huh... I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I think an enemy just got brainwashed after killing one of my units? I think it was a unit I had just converted the previous turn through Dark Gift. Maybe they still had the status on them that causes "convert enemy into ally after death", and then after they died, the game said, "Okay, so I convert the enemy from that combat into an ally now, right?" ...Okay, yeah, it just happened again when I threw one of my Dark Gifted units in a suicide attack against an enemy knight.

Maybe the special attack animations should also be changed so they don't trigger the animation on every single unit. I know they can be skipped, but watching Brigitte's ice attack hit *every* enemy during an event where they're specifically meant to be swarming you is something that shouldn't happen by default.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Oh nice, the danger area can be seen now. That'll make positioning units just outside of the enemy's range a lot easier. ...But of course it's introduced in a stage where the enemy leader can fuck with their units' movement range.

The knight's description in the barracks calls it "A cheap infantry unit", which is... very inaccurate. It seems to be using the villager's description.

Dark Gift still says "My message" when you try to use it.

Huh... I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I think an enemy just got brainwashed after killing one of my units? I think it was a unit I had just converted the previous turn through Dark Gift. Maybe they still had the status on them that causes "convert enemy into ally after death", and then after they died, the game said, "Okay, so I convert the enemy from that combat into an ally now, right?" ...Okay, yeah, it just happened again when I threw one of my Dark Gifted units in a suicide attack against an enemy knight.

Maybe the special attack animations should also be changed so they don't trigger the animation on every single unit. I know they can be skipped, but watching Brigitte's ice attack hit *every* enemy during an event where they're specifically meant to be swarming you is something that shouldn't happen by default.
Thank you for your feedback.
I just fixed Knight.
I also fixed Chloe's power tooltip.
Those 2 should be fixed in the next version.

Oh shoot I still have problem with conversion. I'll try to fix that but this is hard to handle. Thank you for your precise feedback I think I know what's happening. The problem is SRPG doesn't allow a convenient way to convert unit when they die, so I was storing their ID when they are attacked then delete them and respawn them as ally once they are dead. The thing is once they've become allies they still have some of the event and they use the conversion event when they die but because they haven't been attacked by an unit that can convert the "unit to convert" hasn't been changed to it convert the last enemy hit by someone that can convert. At least that what I think happens, I don't know if I'll have time to fix this in 0.51 because I still have more writing/level design to do to complete it but I'll try.

I think you are right, the animation looked cool, especialy the first time brigite cast her power but I should probably keep it like this the first time then speed it up somehow the next times. Idealy I'd like to have the animation run on several unit at once so it is faster but I don't know if SRPG will allow that.

Thank you for your feedback it's really useful!

Trickyboo

Jul 21, 2023
What is different from the last map Hard mode compared to Normal mode? I don't see extra enemies as it normally would do.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
What is different from the last map Hard mode compared to Normal mode? I don't see extra enemies as it normally would do.
The main difference is the AI.
When you play it on hard the ennemies are much more likely to try and capture Chloe, but when you play it on normal I think they just attack closest troop.
I think you also have more money on normal.

FeetLust

Oct 6, 2019
Don't know much about the game, but from the preview pics alone, that Fionne girl looks incredibly well drawn, damn good work

Reactions: J1215

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Don't know much about the game, but from the preview pics alone, that Fionne girl looks incredibly well drawn, damn good work
I use AI to make character that I fix later with gimp. The good thing with that is it allows me to get decent image because I can fix everything the AI is bad (for isntance bad hands).
The problem is it's hard toget consistent character with AI, and because SoM is my very first game, I needed a bit of time to manage to get to a consistant style, which mean there will be some style inconsistency, especialy between first and last character.
Now that I'm better the result tend to be fine at least I like it, but the transition between the early-mid and the late game might be a bit disturbing.
I put a lot of effort in this game so I hope you enjoy it.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Typos: When Fionne starts fondling the archer, it says "it doesn't take long it doesn't take long". Later, Fionne says "we should be to get out of here".

Also, I meant to point this out earlier (when you talked about "making the game funnier"), but "funnier" actually means something completely different than "more fun". "Funnier" means "more funny", as in something that makes you laugh, and "funner" isn't a word, which is probably why you keep accidentally saying the closest real word. So unless Lilith is trying to say that Chloe makes her laugh, she should be saying Chloe is "more fun" when she's horny.

Hmm... Is that really all there is in this update? Just the beginning dialogue of Chapter 13, some brief dialogue between the new characters on the second turn, and then the end of content with no scene after finishing the chapter? I just want to make sure I didn't miss out on a scene from catching the new characters in the beginning of the chapter, or something. It's impossible to catch them, but only because Chloe can't move on her first turn, and I'm not sure if that's intentional or not.

Trickyboo

Jul 21, 2023
I use AI to make character that I fix later with gimp. The good thing with that is it allows me to get decent image because I can fix everything the AI is bad (for isntance bad hands).
The problem is it's hard toget consistent character with AI, and because SoM is my very first game, I needed a bit of time to manage to get to a consistant style, which mean there will be some style inconsistency, especialy between first and last character.
Now that I'm better the result tend to be fine at least I like it, but the transition between the early-mid and the late game might be a bit disturbing.
I put a lot of effort in this game so I hope you enjoy it.
I think the gameplay and story are standing on it's own, so that's fine.

The artwork is basically a "stand in/proxy" and can be updated later.

I think for example, digital cardgames use dummy art while testing gameplay/card balance and update the art later too.

Super smash bros had Wire Frame as dummy characters fighting each other until they came up with the idea to use their Nintendo characters.

Reactions: GratuitousLove

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Typos: When Fionne starts fondling the archer, it says "it doesn't take long it doesn't take long". Later, Fionne says "we should be to get out of here".

Also, I meant to point this out earlier (when you talked about "making the game funnier"), but "funnier" actually means something completely different than "more fun". "Funnier" means "more funny", as in something that makes you laugh, and "funner" isn't a word, which is probably why you keep accidentally saying the closest real word. So unless Lilith is trying to say that Chloe makes her laugh, she should be saying Chloe is "more fun" when she's horny.

Hmm... Is that really all there is in this update? Just the beginning dialogue of Chapter 13, some brief dialogue between the new characters on the second turn, and then the end of content with no scene after finishing the chapter? I just want to make sure I didn't miss out on a scene from catching the new characters in the beginning of the chapter, or something. It's impossible to catch them, but only because Chloe can't move on her first turn, and I'm not sure if that's intentional or not.
Thank you, I'll take that into account and fix it.

Yep, idealy I would have written a scene here too, but making art for a new character is kinda time consuming as I have to get her with different poses from the start to ensure I'll manage to make the scene in which they will be involved later so I spent most of the time adding the 2 new "main" character, making the level, and adapting brigite power so player can use it from now on when she is playable.
Hope you're not too disapointed about the fact that it meant I had less time for scene in this update.

Edit fixed it :
In this context by funnier I indeed meant more fun, I changed it with entertaining because it felt better in the sentence :

Besides, you're far more entertaining when you're horny than when you're in fear.

Edit 2: and yes you're not supposed to be able to catch up with them, Chloe and everyone that already did something during the scene aren't able to move in the first turn

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes