tankdick

Dec 21, 2017
Hopefully this isn't truly abandoned, but I'm happy to see this site take a more proactive stance toward labeling projects abandoned in a timely fashion. Now we just need them to reduce the 18-month limit to get marked as abandoned down to 9–12 months without an update, regardless of word from the developer.

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
well, I'm not a big fan of the abandoned tag in case of updates, it's a little bit misleading. Maybe something like "extreme slow update" would be better. There is always the chance that for some reasons the Dev can't deliver and really needs a longer cycle (maybe limited to "one time only" on decision of the mods). But this idea needs some discussion elsewhere and not in this (sexnote) thread.

Last edited:

Nabebebe

Feb 7, 2023
well, I'm not a big fan of the abandoned tag in case of updates, it's a little bit misleading. Maybe something like "extreme slow update" would be better. There is always the chance that for some reasons the Dev can't deliver and really needs a longer cycle (maybe limited to "one time only" on decision of the mods). But this idea needs some discussion elsewhere and not in this (sexnote) thread.
I think the abandoned tag is applied when the game doesnt have a update for 18 months or when the developer disappears for 4 months. I'm not going to check his discord, but both his patreon and twitter are radio silent rn

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
We have ON HOLD tag?
In my book the "on hold" tag is a funny tag, lets look at the rules:
used for a developer who temporarily stops working on a game for whatever reason and makes a clear public statement about it, if they do not resume work in 6 months the prefix is changed to Abandoned
so let's do an example: i develop a game, have problems, write a public statement and get the "on hold" tag. i have 6 month to resolve the problem, if not resolved after 6 month i get the "abandoned" tag. The phrase "resume work" is not clear: do i need to make only an statement i have resumed the work ? If a statement is enough then i could get additional 18 month to upload an update. Or are the 6 month included in the 18 month "abandoned" rule ? If the later why do i need the "on hold" tag? I could spend direct the 18 month to solve the matter.

Last edited:

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
I think the abandoned tag is applied when the game doesnt have a update for 18 months or when the developer disappears for 4 months. I'm not going to check his discord, but both his patreon and twitter are radio silent rn
it's 3 month and there is also silence in discord (in free section, don't have a patron account anymore)

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
In my book the "on hold" tag is a funny tag, lets look at the rules:

so let's do an example: i develop a game, have problems, write a public statement and get the "on hold" tag. i have 6 month to resolve the problem, if not resolved after 6 month i get the "abandoned" tag. The phrase "resume work" is not clear: do i need to make only an statement i have resumed the work ? If a statement is enough then i could get additional 18 month to upload an update. Or are the 6 month included in the 18 month "abandoned" rule ? If the later why do i need the "on hold" tag? I could spend direct the 18 month to solve the matter.
"if the dev doesn't resume work in 6 months" i think it's safe to assume that "resume work" means releasing an update in that period of time, not a communicate... But usually the abandoned tag it's put there because of a report

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
"if the dev doesn't resume work in 6 months" i think it's safe to assume that "resume work" means releasing an update in that period of time, not a communicate...
yes, that would be logical but then whats the benefit? Telling about problems and get 6 month before "abandoned" tag or keep silence about the delay and get 18 month before "abandoned" ?

elmicho

Feb 13, 2020
abandoned?
I didn't see that coming

not tat I'm actively following the dev, but that was a surprise

Mar 27, 2022
abandoned? since when tho..?
I havent check in awhile, just for the updates.

Edit: last update was Jan'2024.
so damn, 4 months hiatus and it's abandoned..? lol
y'all hv no patience like summertime saga lmao
I have no idea what the criteria is for the abandoned label but its not just the four months since an update. Its 4 months without the dev saying basically anything anywhere on either game, and before the last update it was the same thing for ~5 months.

rash69

Jul 6, 2017
Man people are bad at basic math it hasn't been 4 months it has been 3 months 16 days

iN0w4

Mar 16, 2020
abandoned? since when tho..?
I havent check in awhile, just for the updates.

Edit: last update was Jan'2024.
so damn, 4 months hiatus and it's abandoned..? lol
y'all hv no patience like summertime saga lmao
but isn't summertime abandoned?

3.60 star(s) 152 Votes