2.50 star(s) 6 Votes
D

Deleted member 50069

Hello guys, this is founder of Storytellers crew.

First of all, thanks for all of your review. To be honest all stuff you wrote here is the only review we got. I would like to share some things with you as you are the only active audience we have.

1) Low content - We are aware of this. We were in total rush to publish two parts of Selena's Story. We wanted to speed up start which actually as you said - didn't work. The game doesn't have enough CG's as it should have.
What we plan to do about it: Next version of Selena's Story will have more PICTURES and CHOICES, but we don't plan to turn it into full rpg game with days system etc. Maybe next project will be more like rpg than visual novel, but for now this thing will remain unchanged.

2) bad/medicore English - As you see English isn't our primary language. In first two Selena's Story episodes we were writing stuff by ourself. That's why it could be not as good as we expected xD
What we plan do to about it: We knew about this problem from very beginning. That's why we found some h-stories wrote by experts. We are using now quotes from this stories in scenes to make it more proffesional. (we used this one in Tinder Story project)

3) Protagonist is stupid/idiot. - This was part which actually made me laugh. She isn't stupid, she is oblivious. We can't corrupt a woman who is actually powerful/rich. She has to act this way or it won't work.
What we plan to do about it: Just wait for next episodes. You will have your slutty, corrupted jounalist who blow for any info she can get.

We knew this content will leak to communities like this and in fact we aren't that suprised. The thing which made us really confused was download counts. Calculating all downloads we found it's around 20k (which is TONS FOR US).
Reviews that you gave mostly was critical. But we don't want to fight with you telling - You lurkers don't have fuckin' voice because you lurked, lurk and will only lurk.
No. That doesn't work like this in my opinion. You spend time at our productions for free and even if you are critical to us, nobody said: STOP IT, LEAVE IT, ABANDON IT. You were like "it's not good, but if they work, it can be ok". I want to thank you for this.

For now, I have nothing more to add. Follow our team and always try to point things which can be better. It will always show us, what we can do to make it even greater.

Cheers,
Boyos, Storytellers crew founder.

torkenstiem

May 1, 2017
I like that Selena doesn't have super huge breasts. About her having the intelligence of a snail, well thats pretty much the standard for these types of games, apparently. Although the writing is really bad, at least it wasn't so bad that it gave me headache reading it, like some "engrish" games do.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
graduated​
woman from Amity University with journalist specialization. Selena was the best on the year​
If this girl was the "best in her year" at that university .... what the hell were wrong with the rest of her year?

I'm guessing it was only 2 other people. The resident pot head too stoned to study and a girl that suffered from severe narcolepsy and spent her university life sleeping.

I say that because Selena is a halfwit of biblical proportions.

She makes morons look like Stephen Hawking.

I think she must have taken it far too literally when her first boyfriend fucked her brains out.

I know it seems to be the norm to have a female protagonist be the queen of idiots but it's getting harder and harder to see scenes in games like this without groaning to myself and muttering "fucking numpty" under my breath.

Reactions: lunamm
D

Deleted member 50069

Meh. Share your ideas of how to corrupt smart woman (woman, not girl!). If your idea will be good...who knows ;p

Btw Im really surprised that you are cruel about english. I thought most of you are going to talk about rpg mechanism (i mean no free world). But its all about text...and her personality. Btw have you played our Tinder Stories? Asuka, tinder protagonist - is she the 'same' type as Selena?

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Meh. Share your ideas of how to corrupt smart woman (woman, not girl!). If your idea will be good...who knows :heartcoveredeyes:

Btw Im really surprised that you are cruel about english. I thought most of you are going to talk about rpg mechanism (i mean no free world). But its all about text...and her personality. Btw have you played our Tinder Stories? Asuka, tinder protagonist - is she the 'same' type as Selena?
I don't mind the English, I know it's not everyones first language. As long as I can understand what is said, all is well.

I commented on her intelligence because the opening paragraph was talking about how smart she is.

It lied to me.

I'm not going to rage against the game, everyone has their kinks, but highlighting how intelligent a person is and then instantly making them a window lick away from being mentally handicapped just threw me off.

I was expecting something different from the ever growing pile of dumb women doing dumb shit and ending getting fucked for being dumb. It made me think it was an intelligent woman that just wanted to fuck but no, it led me on, it teased me and then it left me hanging.

If the opening post had talked about a woman that barely got the grades she needed by fucking her teachers, that would have been believable for the woman in the game. Saying she was one of the most intelligent people in her year and then presenting us with a complete moron, it just left me a bit confused.

Reactions: lowcody and Sokat
D

Deleted member 50069

Ok, I see Your point here. But there goes one question: would You like to play game as smart woman like its said in intro OR would you stay with current Selena but with changed description?

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
As I said, i've got no problems with the game itself I just got thrown by the description is all.

You don't need to change it on my account, most folk won't be bothered by something like that i'm just a picky bastard.

D

Deleted member 50069

Its not about You only, our team politic means creating dialoque with receivers. As we stated on start, we want to fill gap in rpg h content games and we can't do it without your help.
You don't like making Selena a bit retarded (or dump, whatever) and You say it - well done, lets think why people are complaining about it! Now we know on what we should focus.
As I said before, even if You don't support us (meh, We are not Selena, we know what this forum is about xD), we try to speak with people. And thats why You should give us a chance :)

Thanks again for Your opinion. In 0.4 we are going to create free world and routes. Don't forget to check us out ;)

Reactions: saolo996

Caleth

Jul 30, 2017
I do like it. even though it could be received to be weird with the best in class opening to then being extremly naive. perhaps you can keep her smart but highlight her naivity a bit more. and the velocity in which she gets herself into different situations is fast. not a problem for me but ither people might be more into a slower aproach.

If you would want to currupt a smart woman that is of this world it would go slower and the complexity of the traps she gets sucked into would have to be more elaborate and underhanded

example: MC can't keep a job because she is a know it all and does not work well with others. loses her luxurious appartment, ability to purchase expensive clothes and has to go live in a shared condo. where a npc has cameras installed. after a while she'l get lewd comments by random npc's on the street making while she is going to her menial job. she thinks about it. investigates in various ways and eventually finds the cameras confronts the flatmate with this. multiple branching options possible again. slutty way would be to have the flatmate cut her into the profit for a tradeoff of curroption points. if corruption goes low enough she can opt to take over the whole buisiness by example devicing a way to have the flatmate go to jail or something else. find a new flatmate or 2 and stimulate them and participate them to increase profits etc etc. she's smart she notices there is loads of money to be made in this line of work. (meanwhile she'll become sluttier at work according to the slow loss of morals). she will work to corrupt the new flatmates maybe buy the house next door as well after some intrigue. bribe the police and mafia. get more tennents and corrupt them as well. then start prostituting said tennants out for a % of the earnings and herself as well (lead by example). various other places and scenarios could be added in side paths etc etc.

now i'm not a writer and my enlish is terrible so I hope it made a wee bit of sense.

I shall be checking back on this and if progress is a good as I personally thought the current state was I am not to shy to patreon it.

D

Deleted member 50069

@Caleth Thanks for your opinion. I personally love idea with mafia/police, but we will save this for next Tinder Stories or project, because it's hard to implement it in current game status. One of Selena tasks will be getting in touch with important politician, perhaps this event will match your expectations :D!

Caleth

Jul 30, 2017
we thought V0.4 will be released this week but it won't. The problem about creating open-free-world is making it work. There are tons of events, tons of switches I have to do in RPG maker in order to all of these functions like changing outfits, dialoques and doing ingame quests don't crash game in any moment. Most annoying part for me is creating sub-events. For example: You can do first interview task by talking with Maryjane or Sam. Then you can go outside and go back in any moment and continue your task. There are so many things to do yet...I'm literally sweat everytime I sit and open RPG maker.

Conclusion? I think we false start with free world. For sure it's really good thing to let people do what they want instead of guiding them into one-way path, but time required to do this is unbelievable. We should wait for our project to hit more supporters and take some days off from work to make it faster, but we can't. So for now all I can say is sorry that you have to wait, but if we want our product to be better quality, at current state, It will take time.

Predicted release time...let's say 27.10

Reactions: Necore

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
we thought V0.4 will be released this week but it won't. The problem about creating open-free-world is making it work. There are tons of events, tons of switches I have to do in RPG maker in order to all of these functions like changing outfits, dialoques and doing ingame quests don't crash game in any moment. Most annoying part for me is creating sub-events. For example: You can do first interview task by talking with Maryjane or Sam. Then you can go outside and go back in any moment and continue your task. There are so many things to do yet...I'm literally sweat everytime I sit and open RPG maker.

Conclusion? I think we false start with free world. For sure it's really good thing to let people do what they want instead of guiding them into one-way path, but time required to do this is unbelievable. We should wait for our project to hit more supporters and take some days off from work to make it faster, but we can't. So for now all I can say is sorry that you have to wait, but if we want our product to be better quality, at current state, It will take time.

Predicted release time...let's say 27.10
hey just want to say, like the game, like the idea, but been burned by too many patreons. if your project keeps rockin with a few more update drops, then we'll see. until then, its a try it before you buy it world now. as far as Selena being dumb, omg those comments made me laugh so hard. anyone that thinks a girl can't graduate top end of the class and STILL be completely naive or oblivious or just weak-willed, please come to class with me sometime. you'll see. i won't even have to point em out. xD

also, on the open world? don't kill yourself over it. i've said this before on another game, unless your game is all kinds of goodtime fun to play, please for the love of god, don't make it require too many multiple playthroughs to see your content. just tell your story. and do it well. that will get you support much faster

Reactions: fokker22
2.50 star(s) 6 Votes