Collection Pinup Sciamano240 Collection [2024-03-26] [Sciamano240]

4.80 star(s) 8 Votes

coralablade

Nov 12, 2022
Dam it's a shame the text/signatures are all on the base layer, would have love to have a clean version.

Kzor

May 27, 2021
they are not technically psds but they provide the same functionality (in fact greater functionality) that psds would provide. uses the free software GIMP instead of photoshop
really? what makes them superior to the psd format?

Triggered657

Nov 15, 2020
nothing about the format. whenever artists share psds they are often not very well organised or user friendly. but my files are designed to be user friendly.
They speak the truth! Let's take Dandon Fuga, for example. While she does provide PSDs for her own works, unlike Sciamano, they tend to be very limited with their options (no lactation, no pregnancy, 3 fixed expression often exclusive to the nude version, unable to change alternate backgrounds, etc.), and they take up quite a lot of storage.

smeagolb's XCFs, on the other hand, provide the highest level of customization of any given artwork, putting all applicable differences from the artwork set into one easy to use file, that usually takes up just as much or less storage than the original PSD file. While they do also have their flaws (Chun-Li's artwork lacks lactation, and some facial edits can be a bit wonky due to opacity issues), this community generally sees them as superior to her PSDs. Speaking of Fuga, it's been so long since the last update! It would be amazing to see more of her modern artwork get the same customizable treatment that many of her past works received!

Reactions: thirstyman

Kzor

May 27, 2021
nothing about the format. whenever artists share psds they are often not very well organised or user friendly. but my files are designed to be user friendly.
I know exactly what you mean, I once damn near had a breakdown trying to deal with one of Kittew's

thirstyman

Mar 7, 2020
They speak the truth! Let's take Dandon Fuga, for example. While she does provide PSDs for her own works, unlike Sciamano, they tend to be very limited with their options (no lactation, no pregnancy, 3 fixed expression often exclusive to the nude version, unable to change alternate backgrounds, etc.), and they take up quite a lot of storage.

smeagolb's XCFs, on the other hand, provide the highest level of customization of any given artwork, putting all applicable differences from the artwork set into one easy to use file, that usually takes up just as much or less storage than the original PSD file. While they do also have their flaws (Chun-Li's artwork lacks lactation, and some facial edits can be a bit wonky due to opacity issues), this community generally sees them as superior to her PSDs. Speaking of Fuga, it's been so long since the last update! It would be amazing to see more of her modern artwork get the same customizable treatment that many of her past works received!
yeah, i wish her psd were complete and with full poses to make your own images. It would make them worth buying. As they are, they are useless.

Druid91

Nov 9, 2018
I don't know if it's good for the artist to make it easier to edit their works. Especially since Ai already does it easy enough. And I don't know if the purpose of the shared PDS is to be user-friendly. Certainly not for me. For me, the whole usefulness of PDS is that I can see what the Artist is doing and how he is doing it. And in this respect these Sciamano XCF are useless. What interests me is the PDS/XCF, where he actually did all the work. This is the main reason why I am a Patreon of Krys Decker

Bohus

Sep 25, 2017
I don't know if it's good for the artist to make it easier to edit their works. Especially since Ai already does it easy enough. And I don't know if the purpose of the shared PDS is to be user-friendly. Certainly not for me. For me, the whole usefulness of PDS is that I can see what the Artist is doing and how he is doing it. And in this respect these Sciamano XCF are useless. What interests me is the PDS/XCF, where he actually did all the work. This is the main reason why I am a Patreon of Krys Decker
That's your opinion and expectations, but from my (and a whole lot other people's) experience as someone chasing PSDs and XCFs, they're just a mean to assemble and centralize the zillion variants some artists produce.
They don't bring anything magical that anyone couldn't do on their own using any basic image editing software to make their own variants, if for whatever reason the "basic" variants don't tickle their fancy.
So yes, that's the very definition of user-friendly.
It's just not Druid91-friendly ;)

Druid91

Nov 9, 2018
That's your opinion and expectations, but from my (and a whole lot other people's) experience as someone chasing PSDs and XCFs, they're just a mean to assemble and centralize the zillion variants some artists produce.
They don't bring anything magical that anyone couldn't do on their own using any basic image editing software to make their own variants, if for whatever reason the "basic" variants don't tickle their fancy.
So yes, that's the very definition of user-friendly.
It's just not Druid91-friendly ;)
I rather assumed that PDS should be, above all, friendly to ARTISTS. Maybe it really is a difference of perspective. The PDS of artists I have had dealings with, i.e., Krys, Aleriia, NeoArtCore, are not suitable for your purposes, but they are also popular. And it's strange to me to expect artists to attach a document they didn't actually use. Drawing is time-consuming enough. To expect an artist to take the time to make something that is neither more convenient to look at nor significantly more space-saving than a photo gallery is quite strange. Especially since, if you have photo galleries, you can create an XCF file like the ones here very easily yourself. You don't have to look for it, pay extra or pirate it. All you need to do is sit behind the computer and spend half an hour.

Last edited:

smeagolb

Jun 27, 2021
yep. if you want to learn from the artist then of course their original psd would be more useful for that as you can get an idea for their workflow etc. i guess? all we have for sciamano is his streams unfortunately, although they are probably the best resource anyway, so if you were gonna have one thing it would probably be the streams.

Reactions: thirstyman

thirstyman

Mar 7, 2020
yep. if you want to learn from the artist then of course their original psd would be more useful for that as you can get an idea for their workflow etc. i guess? all we have for sciamano is his streams unfortunately, although they are probably the best resource anyway, so if you were gonna have one thing it would probably be the streams.
yeah, but artists are a minority that's why i mentioned the profit aspect. The xcf like the ones you did would be loved by the fans and have a market, unlike the PSD.

Druid91

Nov 9, 2018
yeah, but artists are a minority that's why i mentioned the profit aspect. The xcf like the ones you did would be loved by the fans and have a market, unlike the PSD.
Whether something is PSD or not XCF in this case doesn't really matter. Honestly, if you open a PSD file, don't delete anything and save it as XCF, there is a high probability that the XCF will be heavier. At least this was the case in the four PSDs I tested.
What matters is how much data you choose to keep.

Of course, files that contain only merged completed variants may be useful. But if that means removing everything unique that associated them with the artist, can we really call them valuable? It's like going backstage at a theater but telling the actors to go home because the only thing you're interested in is their costumes.

Voidprowler

Jan 28, 2022

Hello guys,

I haven't found a marketplace substitute to Gumroad yet, but there is a temporary solution to get my latest pack.
If you're interested in downloading my latest pack, March 2024, you can do it on my new SubscribeStar page. By joining the only purchasable Tier, you'll have access to the full March 2024 art pack.

Once everything gets customized better, I'll either be able to use this as a storefront for my art packs or an alternative/backup to Patreon.

Thank you everyone and have a nice day!

View attachment 3493291
Full Chloe artwork in source quality?

QrowRhogan

May 6, 2022
I wish Mirco would make NSFW variants for his ladies. Valerie, from the last set, just screamed NSFW variations. But it is his choice on that.

4.80 star(s) 8 Votes