• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

finale00

Jul 29, 2019
But first, I aim to complete a 0.15.2 game state in Unity, and later extend the game with such a constructor/builder and new levels/plots, monsters/enemies, NPCs, and a better corruption/fame system that will impact game flow. Overall, Vel’s game idea was awesome; it’s sad that he has abandoned the game.

Any way, if you want to create Godot remake, be ready to write a lot of code. Game contains a lot of stuff:
Would there be less work involved in making a unity remake as opposed to godot remake?

What's the motivation for remaking the game in unity, as opposed to just cleaning up the MZ build?

When I looked at the MZ project, there was a ton of event duplication, the battles were basically copy paste copy paste copy paste and absolutely terrible to manage. I wouldn't be surprised if author gave up because it was just such a pain to actually add new content.

Even adding an enemy to a single battle required making sure 3 or 4 different event pages had their scripts updated to incorporate the new enemy. Eventually I was able to figure out how to add more enemies to each battle, but it was just a huge headache.

If all of the battles were to be refactored into a much more manageable state, it'd probably be just as usable.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
Would there be less work involved in making a unity remake as opposed to godot remake?

What's the motivation for remaking the game in unity, as opposed to just cleaning up the MZ build?

When I looked at the MZ project, there was a ton of event duplication, the battles were basically copy paste copy paste copy paste and absolutely terrible to manage. I wouldn't be surprised if author gave up because it was just such a pain to actually add new content.

Even adding an enemy to a single battle required making sure 3 or 4 different event pages had their scripts updated to incorporate the new enemy. Eventually I was able to figure out how to add more enemies to each battle, but it was just a huge headache.

If all of the battles were to be refactored into a much more manageable state, it'd probably be just as usable.
>1
Yes. Unity has years of professional support, functionality, and documentation over Godot.
>2
>3
RPGMaker functions are extremely limited and the engine itself can only support so much of even its own native functions. As a whole the engine cannot even handle simple programming tasks and JS can only do so much heavy lifting.

Reactions: maybemaybe112

finale00

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Unity has years of professional support, functionality, and documentation over Godot.
Those things aren't going to make re-implementing the list of functionality any faster, especially if you're porting a game made in one engine into another.

RPGMaker functions are extremely limited and the engine itself can only support so much of even its own native functions. As a whole the engine cannot even handle simple programming tasks and JS can only do so much heavy lifting.
RPG maker is perfectly fine for programming. MZ is completely open-source.
JS can certainly handle simple programming tasks.

Respectfully, what is your experience with programming in general?

yaragl

Jul 15, 2019
out of all games i seriously wished this one would have a fast development and gets finished faster it is just a really good one ... this is just sad

Reactions: fraazx

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
out of all games i seriously wished this one would have a fast development and gets finished faster it is just a really good one ... this is just sad
Thankfully we have a guy who'd doing ver.15+ update that combined content from 17 and added new stuff, alongside bugfixes, and a guy making a unity remake of version 17.

Reactions: CereBros and taglag

Escuro

Dec 11, 2019
1715250988838.png

What the fuck is this meant to be? What do I do? Where was a tutorial? This isn't an intuitive UI and the only glimmer of progress I made was mashing on the bed icon until an arrow appeared, clicking it, and getting little bit of red filling that bar under the valley area.

But that bar will never fill up entirely.

This is not at all what I remember. I remember a sidescroller in a desert with card-based combat. What the hell is this?

Reactions: BigBiggieBig

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
View attachment 3617896

What the fuck is this meant to be? What do I do? Where was a tutorial? This isn't an intuitive UI and the only glimmer of progress I made was mashing on the bed icon until an arrow appeared, clicking it, and getting little bit of red filling that bar under the valley area.

This is not at all what I remember. I remember a sidescroller in a desert with card-based combat. What the hell is this?
Did you see the change log? Yeah, this game got a remake. You should have been here when the remake came out, fun times of bashings, flames, white knights, etc.

Oct 28, 2021
View attachment 3617896

The result of schizophrenic dev practices, no clear vision, surrounding oneself with an echo chamber and not listening to criticism, and artist fatigue that's what happened not the first game Vel has abandoned probably won't be the last

Loligami

Jun 6, 2020
The result of schizophrenic dev practices, no clear vision, surrounding oneself with an echo chamber and not listening to criticism, and artist fatigue that's what happened not the first game Vel has abandoned probably won't be the last
Just imagine a Karryn's prison amount of Content but with the art in Saria. Ah would have been so fantastic.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes