• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

Njarux

Jun 27, 2017
What the fuck is this meant to be? What do I do? Where was a tutorial? This isn't an intuitive UI and the only glimmer of progress I made was mashing on the bed icon until an arrow appeared, clicking it, and getting little bit of red filling that bar under the valley area.

But that bar will never fill up entirely.

This is not at all what I remember. I remember a sidescroller in a desert with card-based combat. What the hell is this?
Dev had a bipolar personality switch and decided to rework the game from the ground up for no reason again

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
so i wanted to try the game , what is the "drama" for? is this game worth trying it? is it completed or at least closed to?
My guy, there is a tag system for a reason, and if you want to know if it is worth trying, there are...158 reviews and a 2.4/5.0 star rating.

But to answer your question: Yeah man it's a finished game, trust me, definitely GOTY 2024, the dev is 'closed to' finishing a 10-hour expansion

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
Was just looking at the road map for Cogito Line on vel's discord and it looks like it's going no where
Cogito Flop is already off to a bad start considering that Saria started off on a tight release schedule with good updates at the start of every month. CL released early April and we're in mid-May, still no update, so either he's ditching the idea of monthly updates (More Patreon $$) or it's going to be another remake lmao.

Reactions: fraazx

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
Cogito Flop is already off to a bad start considering that Saria started off on a tight release schedule with good updates at the start of every month. CL released early April and we're in mid-May, still no update, so either he's ditching the idea of monthly updates (More Patreon $$) or it's going to be another remake lmao.
You forgot to include that most of us here would never let his past "achievements" go unnoticed lmao

Reactions: BigBiggieBig

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
so i wanted to try the game , what is the "drama" for? is this game worth trying it? is it completed or at least closed to?
Drama is about the creator constantly remaking the game at moments' notice (actually no notice, get fucked lol) and acting spiteful to anyone with opposing opinion. People both here and in his discord would encourage said behavior when it wasn't aimed at them, but there's a lesson in spiting your own fanbase as eventually he started acting very pissy towards his own community (and went on banning spree+locking comments) due to them not favoring the changes to the game. He could've been mature about it and simply state his intentions, receiving minimal backlash, but instead he came out aggressive straight out of the door and wanted to fight his own fans.

Game is worth trying, in fact it's good enough that we have two separate people working on remaking the game (Version .18 fan-continuation, has its own thread here while a different anon posted both here, and Cogito Line thread, small progress on his Unity remake of Saria.)
The game's Act 1 is essentially completed in version 13-15, once you reach town. Beyond that the game is indefinite on-hold (version 17) and in current state a completely different game in very early alpha state.

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
I just finished the game and don't understand the problem and why people are angry and review-bombing at all. This game now have a direction and I like it. Yes, now it's more like a demo in terms of content but he will add same amount really fast i believe because it's already partly done.

I didn't miss it at all. Previous versions didn't make ANY SENSE, it wasn't even close to Karryn's prison. Combat was divided in 2 parts for no reason (but i didn't check this game for a long time) and gameplay was like: you go and complete a game without any problem and after that you go and lose on purpose to see H (bad game design) - but now it's all solved, yes it's clunky but have direction.
The only 'direction' this game has is heading directly towards the nearest fucking dumpster, my guy. Are you being ironic or do you genuinely believe this game is going anywhere AFTER the dev said it's going on 'hiatus'?

Quality review, my man, keep it up.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019
I don't get how the card game works. He said it was supposed to make the game harder but I've just been clicking cards at random and still win with ease. At least I understood the old simple combat system.

bananahabruh

May 27, 2017
The only 'direction' this game has is heading directly towards the nearest fucking dumpster, my guy. Are you being ironic or do you genuinely believe this game is going anywhere AFTER the dev said it's going on 'hiatus'?

Quality review, my man, keep it up.
dev did a shitty job but man are you full of faggotry with your hate lmao

ebonheart2319

Jul 21, 2017
dev did a shitty job but man are you full of faggotry with your hate lmao
Dev deserves worse.
Vel was quite clear.
His target audience was himself, and commissions/donors/Substar rules could go fuck themselves.
He decided battlefuck was bleh so he canned it.
He decided RPG was bleh was so canned it.
He decided Paid OCs were bleh so he took the money and canned it.
He decided game was bleh so he took the money and canned it.

He was very clear.
Pirate site is pirate site, but when you start scrubbing things you accepted money for without intent to refund, bad things happen.

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
How bad have it gotten? guess i'm lucky i still got the pre-rework versions saved after checking the last page or two of reviews?
We're talking 2 gangbang session (remake) of Saria, to the point of mind broken each time, the culprit(Vel) laughing as he count his unsavoury gotten money he got from Saria supporters, and lastly, Saria abadoned in a trash can level

Reactions: HikkiG
2.40 star(s) 158 Votes